Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they baited a trap and have come back to see if they caught anything? IMO.
Moo...this part was opened up yesterday. Maybe the "local volunteer detectives" made a discovery. I'm sure, moo, their are some just waiting for a chance to search for BL in the reserve. 170k reward is still on the table.

Or....could it be NPPD trying to compete the grid search request by FBI? As water continues to recede, I anticipate more spot checks.
Moo

I feel certain that somewhere in the 70 threads discussing this case, someone has posted information about BL's driving record. Does he have a history of moving violations and/or speeding? I can't help wondering if BL drove too fast frequently and may have used speeding as a scare tactic when he didn't like something that GP said or did.

I have a subscription to a background search engine, and no, BL has no tickets or moving violations or any other kind of violation on his record. I checked in two different databases, so the answer AFAIK is no, he does not.

And the 15 mph zone that he was going 45mph in had just changed from 45 to 15 about a 10th of a mile before he pulled over. It was the off ramp to Arches National Park - the main road had a speed limit of 45 mph as well, IIRC. So while he was going over the speed limit there for a bit, he also slowed down and stopped fairly quickly. It was marked 15 mph because the road was approaching the entrance station, there's a big parking lot were people get out to look at the red rocks (no one there that I can see when BL was pulled over), but it's a straight, wide road and lots of people go too fast on offramps, until they see a big line ahead for the entrance. There was no line at the entrance that day because it was late in the day, IMO.

IF that were true; why would Gabby NOT go try to talk to another camper or get help from someone?
To me this explanation makes no sense. MOO

I think it's important to remember that in Moab, she was the one that nearly got arrested. If she had fought back physically with BL at Spread Creek on say, the morning of the 29th, (I don't really buy his story that he was camping for "a few days" with just a tarp) and then he took off on her to "cool down," I don't think she'd be too eager to put herself in a similar situation again, having to admit that yes, she hit him and that's why (according to him) he walked off. I think she'd sit tight and wait for him to come back, especially just walking off was a regular response that she'd grown to expect from BL.

Moo...this part was opened up yesterday. Maybe the "local volunteer detectives" made a discovery. I'm sure, moo, their are some just waiting for a chance to search for BL in the reserve. 170k reward is still on the table.

Or....could it be NPPD trying to compete the grid search request by FBI? As water continues to recede, I anticipate more spot checks.
Moo
Maybe the simplest explanation is they are continuing to search for a body and/or evidence depending on water level, weather, and scheduling/availability of crew. If they had indication of recent BL movement on a camera or cell phone use they would be flooding that park with police.

I agree for the most part, but I am not so sure about the man in the Tetons. If I remember the story correctly new witnesses came forward after seeing the man mentioned in the stories searching for GP and reported on what trail they had seen him. That allowed the searchers to actually get a comprehensive search out for him. Before that they just knew he was in the area and had no idea what trail he was hiking. So that one should be directly at the feet of the GP search. They may have found him at some point, but maybe not.

Robert Lowerie? He was found dead about 20 miles south of Spread Creek, a suicide.

Per the Mayo Clinic, personality disorders are a subset of mental illness.

Personality disorders - Symptoms and causes

You are correct (as is the Mayo Clinic lol)! But in Midgie2’s defense, IIRC, experts did not always agree on that historically (not sure how far back the decision was made to formally recognize personally disorders as under the mental disorder/illness umbrella [and I think it has been accepted at different times throughout the world]).

(Mayo Clinic is one of my most trusted resources, btw!)

The Jalovec story is one that makes me think that BL was afraid of what she might see if she drove all the way to the van; on the other hand, what about all the other campers around the van that could have seen the same thing.
So why wouldn't he let her drive to the van.

The nearest campers were about a mile away. The van was parked in an unauthorized camping spot, there were no nearby campers.

I think it's important to remember that in Moab, she was the one that nearly got arrested. If she had fought back physically with BL at Spread Creek on say, the morning of the 29th, (I don't really buy his story that he was camping for "a few days" with just a tarp) and then he took off on her to "cool down," I don't think she'd be too eager to put herself in a similar situation again, having to admit that yes, she hit him and that's why (according to him) he walked off. I think she'd sit tight and wait for him to come back, especially just walking off was a response that she'd grown to expect from BL.
Something else to consider. IF Gabby was left alone without access to the van, can you imagine BL giving her food or enough clothing to survive not freezing to death considering the temperature at night was in the 30s. I can't especially with all the other things he would take away from her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565