Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangulation is different from hanging oneself as the nature of the injuries would not be the same.
The coroner believes Gabby dies of a homicide, and the yokel lokel coroner knows his craft and occupation.
If the hyoid bone was broken and if there were other injuries that someone inflicted that would be telling ?

About strangulation and hanging: Language matters

Hanging Injuries and Strangulation: Practice Essentials

From theses links, the manner of injuries in a hanging vs strangling by an outside force are vastly different.
These injuries are what the coroner would be focusing on as they are important.
Also thinking a coroner worth his pay grade would be careful not to mistake a suicide from a murder.
MOO.

Also suicide, I assume the body would be found either hanging, or with the device they used to hang still on the body. Strangulation is very hard and long process. I have heard of cases were people trying to get out of it with a defence of erotic asphyxiation gone wrong at trial. But this is hardly plausible for the effort and length of time required to actually strangle someone to death.

That can't be good. From the perspective of the P family deserves justice and BL deserves to face the consequences for his actions. IMO.

If he's dead, then his life is over. His self is extinguished. He'll have self-convicted himself. He'll never make a contribution or harm to society again. His parents can't visit him in prison. He'll never walk on a technicality or be released early for good behavior.

How much more justice can you get?

IF BL is no longer on this earth , how disappointing for the Petito's to be deprived of any answers.

Not sure if this would have made a difference, but had his parents cooperated fully and brought him in for questioning or allowed LE to speak with him; and even if he was arrested --he'd be alive today.

Although LE may have found someone else's remains ?

In which case the Laundrie parents can be grateful and again if they know anything-- urge BL to turn himself in and cooperate with LE.
By now -- if he's alive and well -- his mental state has to be precarious; on the run and sought by the law. :eek:
MOO.

I suspect the water finally receded enough to showcase the articles found. The articles could have been in a waterproof case or bag and had the ability to float away from any remains.

The remains, if any, could be anybody hiking, even as recently as yesterday. The same people would show up no matter what. This type of show out isn’t just because of Brian’s notoriety.

It is highly likely that it is Brian and any manner of death is possible. He could have fallen asleep and a gator attacked. He could have been charged by the wild boars that roam here. I doubt it would be a bear, panther or bobcat. Suicide is likely but I don’t recall hearing any mention of a gun being missing. That doesn’t mean he didn’t buy one on the black market.

Well looks like this could really be it and the search just might be over, from my understanding it was LE that found articles in the woods an called the Laundries to come to see if they could identify them.....now the ME has been called in so I think this search is finally coming to a close!

EDIT: They said Human Remains Detection Dog. So yes, cadaver dog.

corrected: [I think I caught on the WFLA live feed that a dog and 2 handlers have been deployed (2 handlers for their safety), but I don't believe they said cadaver dog, but another term, human search dog or something similar?]

I am still wondering WHAT could have been immediately ID'd as Brian's. I guess I will need to wait and be patient. Bracelet, cap? Shoe? I wonder if they also have found more items near the first already?

MOO

maybe it was flooded previously? MOO

Have you seen the Scandinavian movie The Investigation? Based on the murder of the reporter in the submarine? Those dogs could scent cadavers in the depths of the sea, from boats on very choppy waters.

There's also a podcast worth checking out.
Not all dogs are trained to perform at such extremes where bodies are in water, so they had to bring a team in from a country nearby. Sweden or Norway - I can't remember now.

I don’t believe his parents planted his dead body. But I could maybe believe his parents were in communication with him indirectly up until very recently and perhaps that relayed communication stopped… hence the parents randomly requesting the search last night for today coincidentally leading to the discovery of his clothes and possible remains. If they do not find his remains, the parents will look even more suspish, but if they do, the time of death will be enlightening. /jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13