Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were in Walmart for a hot minute right? They could have done a cashier’s check in Walmart. There’s a full money center in there - where… now that I think about it… you can also send money relatively undetected (Walmart to Walmart or money gram) but that’s a whole other conversation but interesting nonetheless haha!
Yes, but..... Walmart has cameras. LE knows what time they were in there.

I'm not sure Venmo would work in this situation. The only thing you can do with $$ in your Venmo account is send it to other Venmo accounts or to a bank account. There's no way to cash out of it without going thru a bank account. You can't use it at stores either. And the parents would have to attach their Venmo account to their own bank account, which would obviously leave a trace. Unless they have a secret bank account themselves somewhere.

I guess the parents could Venmo to BL who could then Venmo it to a helper who could then Venmo it to their own bank account and cash out at the bank. But then that person would have to start all over again figuring out how to get the cash to BL, unless the helper is actually with him to directly hand him the cash.

I don't think Venmo or CashApp or the like would serve the purpose well in this situation.

I'm not sure I'm following you. I have a Venmo and Cash App. Both have their own debit cards that I can use anywhere. As long as there's a balance, I can pull out of an atm, use it at any store and online.

People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:
They are a little on the young side to be specifically walk in customers.
My dad is 85. Has never owned an ATM card. Has never used an ATM. Doesn't have a email or a computer. He does have AT&T for phone and internet for his smart tv.
He did learn how to text and how to use Google and YouTube on his JitterbugII.
He still writes checks to pay every bill ,and drives them to the post office and hands them to a live person.
He hasn't set foot in a "bank" since March 2020, but he has gone into the credit union, for cash.
It is a little odd, I agree. He refuses to comply with what society is trying to force on him.
Hee.
MOO

:D
People seriously still go to the bank? As in get out of the car, go in the door, and let the teller do his/her thing, and come back out with a bunch of cash? Like actual bills? IMO this is very abnormal. I find it very red-flaggy. :confused:
Never for personal but for my business, nearly every other day and during the heat of the pandemic, I had to make an appointment to do so. That was the height of pain in the a$$.

So BL's parents are being tortured all while they have no idea if their son is alive or not. Funny how that works. BL needs to end his parents torture. BL come out, come out where ever you are.
Still no public plea for their son to return home or "BL, we're worried about you...please contact us and we'll work through this together."

The next part is, of course, MOO - but, if parents had invested $$$ in their child's flight, would they want to lose that investment by begging him to come home or make things right with the law?

Again, idle speculation.

So this is a speculation I have not read here yet. What if Gabby was worried about Brian being away from her during one of his “episodes”. Not as a fear of repercussions for her, but genuinely worried about his mental health. If it was possible that she did phone RL, it may have been for advice or just to warn her that BL was out of control and that she was going to be away from him, and was worried that he would have more of a melt down. I am not sold into this, but I just thought it might be worth a mention. I don’t see their relationship as a classic abuser/abused, more like a person who is not rational, can be abusive, perhaps manic at times. If that was the case, she may have been worried about him being on his own during a crisis.
That's an interesting take. It does make a lot of sense.
ETA, we've always assumed Gabby's reaction was her desire to not be separated from Brian because she needed him, but maybe it's because she was afraid of his future behavior if she wasn't around to calm him down. And that would make sense if he needed to fly home when he is...having issues.

Last edited:
Correct. Which is kinda what I was thinking. Like money can be sent lots of ways as to not specifically show up on a bank statement - Walmart to Walmart, money gram, Venmo, etc. if he had a Venmo card, that would not even be thru a bank like he’d never have to transfer it to a bank or even risk being seen to go pick it up.
The other option is if they bought a prepaid card at Walmart.
The problem in all of this, though....Walmart has cameras everywhere.
Side note: Jodi Arias was pretty much toasted by a lowly Walmart clerk doing her Walmart thing.

people seriously do need to go to the bank, especially when they are hiding out their murderous son and need to pay their lawyer to help keep him hiden,they need water to wash down all the crap they have had to swallow because they cant be decent and do the right thing, and I guess they can go to fedex and send off they picture for their Holliday cards this year ....i guesss using the last family picture they took at the De Sota Park before they helped him escape!!:D:D:D:D

It is very red-flaggy because of the ease of debit card use as well as the use of drive-up windows. jmo

Maybe, I think FBI would need a warrant in order to open the FedEx box.
Yes, I think it's possible that Roberta Laundrie and Christopher Laundrie FedEx'd cash and possibly other items they purchased today at WalMart (Survival gear maybe? Granola bars? Flashlights? Winter outfits and gear since winter is approaching, a tent, etc.) to BL or someone else who would give them to BL. JMO
Do we know what size the box was? Several of theses items are bulky.

I’ve been following this case in several places as probably most of us have. I came by to check out the feelings and comments here in the land of level heads. There’s no way I’m going though 70 threads to catch up, but I have a few thoughts.
1. While there’s definitely part of me that gets a chuckle out of the suit over the sign and all the other “digs”, I think it is time to get off the Laundrie family lawn. We don’t know what they know. We can assume all day long but we know what assuming does and heaven forbid these angry people somehow create an additional challenge for investigators or prosecutors.
2. My disdain for BL grows deeper every time I see that body cam footage from the domestic. Gabby just seems so upset and exhausted from dealing with him. His smug attitude is especially difficult to watch knowing how this shakes out within days.
3. As far as location, I’m at a loss. I feel like he’s a total “every guy”. A guy that looked just like him walked into a restaurant I was in the other day. I think he could blend in to a busy area. A place with a lot of men of similar ages, build and looks. Would people notice him? Maybe. But if he was acting like he belonged in a place like this, I think most people wouldn’t assume it was him. They would assume the opposite and not report it. He could wear a hat or a wig and shave his eyebrows and no one would even recognize him. I’m definitely not impressed that the guy was a great enough survivalist to be thriving enough to stay in hiding this long.
Again I’m sure these things have been hashed out but I’m trying to weigh in and keep up on here because I’m hoping we all get some resolution soon.MOO MOO

They are a little on the young side to be specifically walk in customers.
My dad is 85. Has never owned an ATM card. Has never used an ATM. Doesn't have a email or a computer. He does have AT&T for phone and internet for his smart tv.
He did learn how to text and how to use Google and YouTube on his JitterbugII.
He still writes checks to pay every bill ,and drives them to the post office and hands them to a live person.
He hasn't set foot in a "bank" since March 2020, but he has gone into the credit union, for cash.
It is a little odd, I agree. He refuses to comply with what society is trying to force on him.
Hee.
MOO

I salute your Dad!

I totally believe the errands today were all theater!! They've been hiding for weeks, just like their son, except for their few trips out, mostly just CL for those. Today was full on - don't bite their hook. JMO

Why can't we just accept that sometimes a trip to the store is just a trip to the store? Not everything can have an ulterior motive attached to it.

Well, I'm sure the FBI already has a copy of everything they purchased there.
I'm guessing they went to the bank for "official" business with their own business, maybe needed something notarized etc...
MOO

I salute your Dad!
He still reconciles his bank statement every month. Not sure if it is true, but I was told they don't even teach that on school anymore because of the digital world it isn't necessary.
I don't reconcile mine. Mostly because I'm dyslexic as heck and I transpose numbers wrong 100% of the time!
(I'm derpy!)
MOO
Sorry off topic!

Why can't we just accept that sometimes a trip to the store is just a trip to the store? Not everything can have an ulterior motive attached to it.
Because these are the L's and they have not been operating that way for weeks - they have been hiding. Normal would have been acting normal, errands as needed not running and hiding behind masks and ball caps. Has Gabby's family done that?? JMO

I totally believe the errands today were all theater!! They've been hiding for weeks, just like their son, except for their few trips out, mostly just CL for those. Today was full on - don't bite their hook. JMO

And I imagine they have been holed up long enough that they actually needed to run errands and get supplies. I don't see anything odd about it. I personally wouldn't read anything into it.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member