Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have come here daily for weeks, read most entries late until thread closed down. Have shared concerns with everyone all along the way. Most people are now writing around forms of "karma". This is not punishment or reward; Karma is the result of causes and conditions. Watching it play out, use questions...why be mad now at the protestors at BL's house? To what purpose? "Let it Be" for Gabby.

The song certainly has a new meaning for me now.

Let It Be
The Beatles
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be

For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer, let it be

I’m surprised they weren’t told to not touch anything, just call LE to glove handle and bag it.:eek:

This would be the first thing they would be told! I read the quoted post of "CL came out of the brambles (I am assuming)with something white in his hand" and was sitting here saying to myself, "no, no, no, NO!" MOO,MOO

If there are remains found and they are confirmed to be his, this would be the worst possible outcome for the Petito and Schmidt families in MOO. IMO there is no justice in that. So, I hope this is a hoax. MOO

I get that. But at first I thought he was dead-mostly because he did seem emotionally unstable and I was uncertain he'd have the mental toughness to survive as a fugitive.

And I was honestly thinking that maybe that's the best outcome. I think of so many painful trials-Jodi Arias anyone? Gabby's family has already been through so much and our justice system as it plays out is about the defendant not the victim. I'm not sure guilty verdicts bring any more closure than death or anything else. There's really no closure when you lose a child and I don't think murder really changes that. It gives you a target but probably in the end not a satisfying one. Perhaps more closure will come via her foundation, the good they can do, the erasure of Brian. At least, if this is him and that's still a big IF for me until super accurate ID, that's what I will hope & how I choose to look at it.

I feel like we are not going to get much information from the press conference (I hope I am wrong). I think they are just going to confirm that the remains were found, that they do not who it is and will be sending the remains for testing to definitively determine whether its Brian Laundrie or not.

MOO

The entire situation is suspicious. The L's ran a bunch of errands yesterday, the most since their son disappeared, as if they knew they weren't going to be out in public for a while. The area where the belongings/remains were found today, opened to the public yesterday. Yet the parents did not go yesterday but instead called LE last night and told them of their intent to search this morning. Then after searching for a short period of time, the parents find his belongings. The area may have been under water but if cadaver dogs were used in the previous searches, they could have easily picked up the scent of remains underwater. Whatever was going on, his parents basically went straight to where the items/remains were found as if they knew where he would be located. IF they knew, they should have informed LE asap. If he's been deceased for a while, that means they knew where he was for a while. Something is off for sure. IMO.
I am totally confused by all of this. I do not understand yesterday, and then today with the search. I thought yesterday the L's were going camping again to get away from the press. Now today a complete 180 that the L's know where to go. How did they know today? Is this an accurate summary of what happened as i missed much of the news today. JMO and thanks.

Do alligators bother with dead bodies? I know they normally do a death roll if they get ahold of you, but I don't know if they are scavengers or anything.

Alligators can not chew--they can only bite and gulp. When they find a large animal in or out of the water, they will try to drown it, and afterwards, roll while biting the animal and attempt to dismember it or reduce it to smaller pieces which can be swallowed. They can swallow smaller pieces. Sometimes they will wait for days for the water to soften the prey animal to make its dismemberment easier. They will eat dead animals--often they will try to steal pieces of food from each other.

Last edited:
I feel like we are not going to get much information from the press conference (I hope I am wrong). I think they are just going to confirm that the remains were found, that they do not who it is and will be sending the remains for testing to definitively determine whether its Brian Laundrie or not.

MOO
Yeah but it’s not local PD, it’s the frickin FBI. We all know they found remains. And belongings. So I think they’ll have something big to say.

I am baffled by how many people think the parents or anyone for that matter, planted the articles or partial remains.

A second tent has gone up... I have felt all along he was dead, seems like it will be confirmed here shortly.

imo
I realize I'm behind on this thread, but anything is possible in this day and age, even parents planting articles.

Gabby's body was found on the 19th and Brian reported missing on the 17th. They didn't know she was dead, they thought Brian and Gabby broke up. He went to the reserve on the 14th and they reported him missing on the 17th. So they reported him missing after 2 days.
Over a month since Brian Laundrie went missing, is he alive?.

It is said that he left the house on the 13th.
Brian Entin reported that the mustang was missing on the 14th.
He was reported missing after 4 days on 17th assuming he left the house on 13th.

I understand that they didn't know she was dead. But why would they lawyer up for a break up? They have known something "terrible" happened and they needed a lawyer for it. Gabby was reported missing on the 11th. They refused to help on the advice of the lawyer. Even if they did break up, usually a person would help in finding their ex-fiance. They stayed quiet, understandable.

But when their free son was under mounting suspicions from the public, I don't think a parent will let him go on a hike alone and not report to the police if he wasn't back after a few hours. Also, it was raining and many parts of the reserve were getting flooded with water. Not an ideal time to camp there overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV