Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that when BL took the van and went home he was already planning to take his own life. Maybe he was horrified by what he did. Maybe not. But I think he went home and kept his family in the dark so that he could spend some time with them and say his goodbyes, even if they didn't know that's what it was. He went biking with mom and did yard work with dad. He went with his parents to pick up the nephews at school. They all went to Fort de Soto for Labor Day. And then when GP's family started contacting them, he told his parents he needed a lawyer and not to answer any calls or texts from the Petito/Schmidts. Then, a couple days later when the coast was clear he took off to end it all out in the wilderness on his own terms.

I have been thinking this since I heard about that camping trip. I think he planned on dying very soon after the murder. Lots of "goodbyes" being done.

This is the only reason I feel that they hid things from LE.
It's ok if they seemed callous and not tell reply to Gabby's family's request. If their lawyer advised to do so, though it is puke-worthy for me, I understand that why they did it.

But, reporting their own son 5 days after missing is just totally weird, especially considering his mental state at that time. Let's say he convinced his parents that he wasn't at fault, he would have still be "distressed" that his love of his life died/went missing/broke up. Any situation he had cooked up, he would have still not been in his right mind. Which parent will let their child go alone for a hike during this time? Also, when he didn't return, just bring the mustang back home?
Unless, they had some contact for 5 days and then couldn't contact him. So they reported him missing. This would explain why the police said they knew where he was.

Gabby's body was found on the 19th and Brian reported missing on the 17th. They didn't know she was dead, they thought Brian and Gabby broke up. He went to the reserve on the 14th and they reported him missing on the 17th. So they reported him missing after 2 days.
Over a month since Brian Laundrie went missing, is he alive?.

The post I was responding to said, "these parents could have aided in his capture while he was ALIVE."

Why are people taking what I said out of context? Brian was not wanted at the time he went missing.

We don't know if or when he died right now. Could've been the day he went missing, whichever day it was, or a week after.

I do think we will get a report. We have seen that in other recent cases where the alleged perpetrator committed suicide.

For 2, if BL killed Gabby, he would still be responsible for her death in terms of "he did it" even if he's dead. In the Alexis Sharkey case, LE went to arrest her husband and he killed himself. LE released a statement that LE believes the evidence shows Tom killed Alexis beyond a reasonable doubt and they were prepared to prove that in court.

You need a live defendant for a trial so if BL is dead, there won't be a trial and that means there won't be a jury verdict regarding Gabby's murder. However, we will likely get to hear the state's theory and why they believe they have closed the case with the death of the prime suspect.

If he's dead, of course. JMO and all that.

Thanks @Alethea for helping us understand what to expect if this does turn out to be Brian. Thanks @LAhiker for well-organized questions re. what we can find out about this tragedy and investigation that we've all been glued to together

Have come here daily for weeks, read most entries late until thread closed down. Have shared concerns with everyone all along the way. Most people are now writing around forms of "karma". This is not punishment or reward; Karma is the result of causes and conditions. Watching it play out, use questions...why be mad now at the protestors at BL's house? To what purpose? "Let it Be" for Gabby.

I do wonder if he left a suicide note behind. With his phone. Thats why LE were called, they didnt look in his room until he was gone a day or two and why LE where adamant to continue searching. They knew all along . Just a thought

It's very possible. They kept searching that area when tons of people were claiming they saw him in other states or claimed he left FL, and after days and days of not finding anything.

Gabby's body was found on the 19th and Brian reported missing on the 17th. They didn't know she was dead, they thought Brian and Gabby broke up. He went to the reserve on the 14th and they reported him missing on the 17th. So they reported him missing after 2 days.
Over a month since Brian Laundrie went missing, is he alive?.
His lawyer confirmed he went there on the 13th. Depending if someone counts 13-17 inclusive of the 1st day or not, it can be said they reported him after 4-5 days.

I routinely hike with multiple dry bags on day hikes. Sorry, disagree.
As a frequent hiker, certain items "live" in my pack, such as a light rain jacket and a first aid kit. Those things are there unless I go out of my way to remove them. I just have to add some water and I'm ready to go. If I were in Florida, a dry bag might be among those items.

JMO

I'm beginning to think that when BL took the van and went home he was already planning to take his own life. Maybe he was horrified by what he did. Maybe not. But I think he went home and kept his family in the dark so that he could spend some time with them and say his goodbyes, even if they didn't know that's what it was. He went biking with mom and did yard work with dad. He went with his parents to pick up the nephews at school. They all went to Fort de Soto for Labor Day. And then when GP's family started contacting them, he told his parents he needed a lawyer and not to answer any calls or texts from the Petito/Schmidts. Then, a couple days later when the coast was clear he took off to end it all out in the wilderness on his own terms.
I thought Gabbys parents started calling & texting the Laundries on August 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett