Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is we’ll never know because not enough will be found to make a determination.
Depends on the condition of the remains. Gator bites or other teeth marks and bullets can be identified on bone. If there isn’t any soft tissue then it would be difficult to determine if it was a snake bite unless the venom penetrated the bone? No idea if that’s even possible tho. I would find it hard to believe it’s a homicide.

NBC News Senior Justice Correspondent @PeteWilliamsNBC is reporting “what appears to be partial human remains have been found in the Carlton Reserve in an area previously underwater,” according to a senior law enforcement official. I’m headed to the Laundrie home in North Port.

https://twitter.com/wflajustin/status/1450892864393723911?s=21

Well, I think we can say case closed on this one. I feel sympathy for both parents. It's terrible to lose a child.

I agree that it's terrible to lose a child.

That said, as far as I'm concerned, the case will not be closed until we learn more about what happened to Gabby and also about what happened to BL.
  • So far only minimal info has been released about the cause of death, but the FBI probably knows a lot more about Gabby's death and BL's trip back to Florida. Especially if the FBI believes that BL killed GP, I hope we see a report.
  • If the remains are BL's, when did he pass away? What was the cause?
  • If the remains are BL's, is there a reason they weren't found earlier? Was that just because of the water? Given the massive search, are there any lessons to be learned by LE and the FBI?
JMO

something I am wondering. This all of course hinges on my assumption that the partial remains they found are in fact BL. The knapsack was found near the body parts, so if he was dead for any length of time (MOO he has been dead for a long time) wouldn't the animals drag away the body. I am sure they wouldn't be interested in the knapsack and would leave that but take the body. I am no expert in animal behaviour but you would think they would take away the whole body - therefore it wouldn't be near the knapsack.
It doesn’t take much time for decomposition to allow parts of the body to easily detach if it’s moved.

Unless said dry bag has a hole in it (as in picture of the white one found)

I’m wondering if some reporters are assuming the dry bag is a backpack as I have not seen a picture of a backpack. Dry bag =/= backpack

edited-fat texting thumbs

Is that a hole or an area to clip something to the bottom? I can’t tell from the photo but mine has a black bit at the bottom which I clip the strap to so I can make it a backpack.

ETA - going to go back and look at the photo on my computer. I might have just assumed his has the same thing.

I agree. I think it's hard for people to realize the parents of criminals mourn their children too. When you are changing a diaper or playing tee ball, you don't think "I hope he grows up to be a murderer." I am sure the L's wish they were planning for a wedding instead of a funeral even suspecting/knowing what their son may have done.

You can mourn the victim and hate what your child did while also mourning both your child and the dreams you had for your child too.
Thank you for articulating this so well. It seems difficult for a lot of people to understand that the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. You are allowed to mourn the child you had, even if it turns out they weren't the child you expected.

NBC News Senior Justice Correspondent @PeteWilliamsNBC is reporting “what appears to be partial human remains have been found in the Carlton Reserve in an area previously underwater,” according to a senior law enforcement official. I’m headed to the Laundrie home in North Port.
I was wondering if we would have anyone going live from the house. With all this attention on the park, there could be activity, comings and goings, who knows, maybe even a statement issued from the house.

816Y29b.jpg
That bag looks like it has a large tear. Possibly became waterlogged and did not float. Imo it looks pretty clean to have been out there for a month.

I don't think they found a body.

"partial remains" is what I'm hearing on WFLA news.

as in a bone here or there?

alligator justice?
I don't think they found a body.

"partial remains" is what I'm hearing on WFLA news.

as in a bone here or there?

alligator justice?
That's remains from a body..

BBM:

The article states:

<snipped>

...During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them...

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found
Hmmm...somebody else plant it there since the park conveniently just opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member