Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what to think. So many unanswered questions. Why would his body be found so close to where his car was found?…LE had to have already searched that area before! JMO
It’s so hard to believe the day the park opens back up that the Laundries themselves find his bag…just like that?!
Also…if I knew the whole world was watching my every move, there is no way I would ship something in a box that says “meal kit”. They really don’t care what people think of them that much IMO.
If this is BL, my condolences for their loss. I wish we had more closure/insight into what happened and what went wrong.
(There is a 3 year old boy missing from the Milwaukee area. I wish more attention would shift to that soon too.)

There is a very good chance that those questions will never be answered. I wish we could get definite answers. The remains will be DNA tested but they are partial remains. There is a good chance that the coroner will not be able to determine a cause of death unless a bullet is found in the partial parts.
How about testing/checking gun to see if it was fired recently?moo

No no charges, especially if the FBI finds that BL was the one and only suspect and there's provable evidence that he was the killer of Gabby. Can't charge a dead person if this indeed BL at the Reserve.
But they can come out and declare by their investigation that he was the sole perpetrator and killed Gabby. Cayce West Columbia police did that when this guy killed hisself but had abducted and murdered a 5 year old girl.
BL has not been accused of Gabby's murder. He has not even been named a Suspect, merely a Person of Interest.

If he is now dead, he is obviously beyond the reach of the court.

What happens to the investigation in such a case?

Who determines if LE has sufficient evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, to prove the guilt of a deceased Person of Interest when there can be no trial? A judge?
They will continue their investigation of Gabby's murder to completion. In South Carolina there was a girl kidnapped and murdered and right after LE's discovery of her body, they found a nearby neighbor that had killed himself on his back deck at his condo. Well they continued to investigate the girl's murder and tied DNA from the murder scene to him as well as his condo. A year later LE finally closed the case and issued an investigative report that it was determined that he was the sole perpetrator of the girl's murder.

WFLA saying blue tent is just a place holder for tape.

Why were BL’s parents out searching this morning for his body in exact place that backpack was found?

I am just curious. They didn’t seem to want to find him before now.
None of this makes sense.

I know they did not too long ago with CL but did they search this area in Oct without CL?

Of note (related to my previous post), on Sept 21 WFLA reported that the search moved from Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park to Carlton Reserve.

Thanks for the date memo

I recall that the parents, from the outset told the LE that BL had said he was going to Myakkahatchee Creek ( Various MSM misreported that they'd said he'd gone to Carlton)

I've always thought he went there specifically to kill himself and he did so in water/fell in/sunk in water. Why his parents waited so long, and why they HELPED him get there without detection instead of talking to authorities is still a mystery. A shameful, shameful mystery. I do not have sympathy for them. If they hadn't helped their murderous son from jump, he'd still be alive.
Yes, I have to agree.
If I thought my child might be suicidal or had committed a crime-- I wouldn't help them flee.
But get them help (in the case of possibly wanting to commit suicide), or turn them in to LE in the case of said child confessing to a crime or not answering simple questions and acting guilty.
Brian should be alive today, maybe behind bars -- but alive.
There's no way to go around this.
This is a sad day for the Schmidt and Petito parents who will most likely never know what happened on Gabby's last day on earth. :(
They lost their beautiful daughter to murder and the one person who could have answered their questions may have taken his own life.
Imo.

https://twitter.com/FBITampa/status/1450887057052774400/photo/1

FBI Tampa
@FBITampa

UPDATE: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.
@FBIDenver

2:10 PM

NBC reported remains at 2:32
Apparent human remains found after Brian Laundrie's possessions located in Florida nature reserve

Juliet wasn't murdered by Romeo. Nor was she assaulted. Nothing about this was romantic.
I very much continue to hope that someone else is responsible for Gabby's death. Yes...my hope wears very thin. But I found them both to be very romantic together publicly, and would like the reality portrayed by Gabby to be real, for loads of reasons. MOO.

Do we know where BL's parents are now? Did they go back to the house or are they still in the park?

MOO -- I see no reason why the protestors would feel they wrongfully protested against the parents. No matter what the outcome today, if he is found, this does not change the fact in any manner whatsoever that they gave the kid a 4-5+ day head start. This we know from the public evidence of his reported "departure" and documented "missing persons" report. Couple this with the conflicting photographic and video evidence on when the Mustang was gone and returned, and these parents were not forthcoming. They withheld critical information. IMO. MOO JMO

This is the only reason I feel that they hid things from LE.
It's ok if they seemed callous and not tell reply to Gabby's family's request. If their lawyer advised to do so, though it is puke-worthy for me, I understand that why they did it.

But, reporting their own son 5 days after missing is just totally weird, especially considering his mental state at that time. Let's say he convinced his parents that he wasn't at fault, he would have still be "distressed" that his love of his life died/went missing/broke up. Any situation he had cooked up, he would have still not been in his right mind. Which parent will let their child go alone for a hike during this time? Also, when he didn't return, just bring the mustang back home?
Unless, they had some contact for 5 days and then couldn't contact him. So they reported him missing. This would explain why the police said they knew where he was.

something I am wondering. This all of course hinges on my assumption that the partial remains they found are in fact BL. The knapsack was found near the body parts, so if he was dead for any length of time (MOO he has been dead for a long time) wouldn't the animals drag away the body. I am sure they wouldn't be interested in the knapsack and would leave that but take the body. I am no expert in animal behaviour but you would think they would take away the whole body - therefore it wouldn't be near the knapsack.
Maybe the pack was attached to part of the body?

He wasn't charged with anything. They told them where he was, he has been found where they said. Its not their fault LE took a month to find him. The protesters have been chanting "Lying Laundries" for a month. Turns out not really lying. Or that we have proof of. All that has been said publicly through their lawyer by them was he was in the reserve......not mexico, not under the flowerbeds, not stashed at one of the lawyers properties, not at the cops who has the same last name, not at the fathers business partners, not at the sisters, not in the walls of the house....there are to many more to mention.......

Amen! I’m struggling to read some of the continuing conspiracy theories when to me it seems that Occam’s Razor has struck, again.

He wasn't charged with anything. They told them where he was, he has been found where they said. Its not their fault LE took a month to find him. The protesters have been chanting "Lying Laundries" for a month. Turns out not really lying. Or that we have proof of. All that has been said publicly through their lawyer by them was he was in the reserve......not mexico, not under the flowerbeds, not stashed at one of the lawyers properties, not at the cops who has the same last name, not at the fathers business partners, not at the sisters, not in the walls of the house....there are to many more to mention.......

Lying by omission is lying IMO. IF this turns out to be BL, these parents could have aided in his capture while he was ALIVE. Instead we know from public facing evidence that they withheld his departure for days. MOO IMO

I enlarged the bag. Notable, IMOO, is the size of objects in bag, the corners indicating a rectangular item (IMO), also the appearance of a cream-colored item inside bag, etc. I have no idea what all it is. Photo taken from the U.S. Sun, credit to the Sun.

Attachments

• laundriebag.png
    laundriebag.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 299
Because they decided to protect themselves and the investigation, and keep their mouths completely shut to everyone per their attorney’s advice. Instead of being human beings and expressing common sense thoughts and responding to Gabby’s family.

And perhaps help their son to deal appropriately with the consequences of his actions. Their seeming attempt to shield him from any involvement or consequence may have actually made things worse. If he did feel guilt, an attempt to escape reality may have been unbearable.

I’ve always felt the Laundries & their attorney dealt with this in the worst possible way for all involved. There was no way this was going to disappear. Much better to face reality with competent counsel, cooperate, negotiate a plea using whatever mental defect or mental health issues were involved. But their actions alienated basically the entire country while gaining nothing for their son.

He could have gotten a manslaughter type sentence. Instead he’s likely dead. Is this really what the Laundries wanted? Cause I saw the path they were choosing & many here seem to also think this is normal & the best course of action. I have always fully disagreed with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member