Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Brian's dry bag, wouldn't it have been placed into an evidence bag?

Perhaps the dry bag is the police evidence bag.

(I imagine this has probably been discussed in the two previous threads that I haven't read. Sorry.)
Good point, I think this is taken after the parents handed it off to the officer in the field.

But yet the last video of their daughter is her crying and being scared in the back of a cop car saying her boyfriend grabbed her face “like this” and cut her cheek, then was ultimately found dead at a camp site most likely by her POI boyfriend when he strangled her. IMO. They are suffering more than the Laundries. Brian didn’t have to kill himself if that’s what happened. He could have faced a judge and jury, but no. So again, they still have THEIR memories. Gabby’s family is worse off.
he could have faced his actions <modsnip>. But he didn't...he ran home to mommy and daddy on his victim's credit card in her van...and then hid in the woods to die like the abusive coward he was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this an everyday occurrence--people protesting unsolved deaths? There are so many murders every day in the U.S. and I don't see any media attention to them. In our city, there are endless murders that never get solved, and I'm not aware of even one protestor--just a FB page with some details of the crimes.
Wouldn't it be great if they put some of that energy into finding missing persons? Or solving cold cases? :mad:

no mention of a firearm found. If he had one (since it was missing from the house iirc), it could still be there, sunk into the silt when the area was underwater.... maybe.
Obviously a skull wasn't found...
This is exactly my thought... whether a firearm would be found nearby. I hadn't considered it silting in...

In the movie Winter's Bone, a young gal had to saw off both of her dead father's hands (he coincidentally being in a swamp) because providing just one hand was not enough for the law to declare a person deceased, since so many will sacrifice just one hand to evade the law.

So I hope enough of BL is found, if he is dead ie vital parts. Otherwise it's just 10 years of youtube conspiracy over a bit of DNA. IMO

I don’t think it’s medically credible that he survived an amputation (of anything, even a pinkie finger) without medical attention, in a swamp.

ETA: phrased another way, in a survival situation everything is valuable, especially your health and mobility.

Sometimes I am embarrassed to be part of the human race. Laundries lost a child, too. The venom and hate this case has stirred is amazing, and not in a good way.

Dogs dont always find bodies easily. I know this from experience.

BBM

The vitriol has been despicable. Really and truly. I took a break from here for a couple of days because it wasn't nice to read.

This is tragic, and the image of the Laundries stood with the police officer who has his hand on CL's shoulder will stay with me for a long time.

MOO

I think its the easy way out - MOO. GPs father said it best on the Dr Phil show... lock him up in a jail cell and not let him enjoy the outdoors.

If he did kill himself, I really doubt it was "easy" for him. If he wasn't a depressed or suicidal person, he likely had goals and dreams, and he had to understand those were all over now. He had to know that his death was the end of him. Forever. I have no doubt if he made that decision that it was very likely the most difficult decision he ever made.

I think Warwick wanted justice in the form of BL telling the world exactly what happened with Gabby and why he killed her. Her family still has so many unanswered questions.

The ultimate justice is not death <modsnip>

I still believe if the body is his maybe he was killed by alligators. I can’t see him killing himself.
Amen!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the movie Winter's Bone, a young gal had to saw off both of her dead father's hands (he coincidentally being in a swamp) because providing just one hand was not enough for the law to declare a person deceased, since so many will sacrifice just one hand to evade the law.

So I hope enough of BL is found, (if he is dead) ie vital parts. Otherwise it's just 10 years of youtube conspiracy over a bit of DNA, and some weird coincidences with the discovery. IMO
Shades of Melissa Caddick....her foot being found on a beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jidariesh