Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, we can always "know" he did it, or "feel" he did it, but unless there is a confession or a huge break by examining something found at the crime scene or electronics or similar, we can never actually PROVE he did it, and I guess (MOO) that is why he is just a POI and not a suspect. MOO. For the recent attempt to arrest the husband of Alexis S, they had a lot of evidence (per the news stories).

I was somewhat making a paralel between GP's and AS's cases and even googled about Alexis a little bit earlier today. I had not seen the most recent development.

Now it feels like there's an even bigger paralel here.

IMO, if you're strangling someone as self defense you'd probably let go of them as soon as they stop punching, kicking, hitting, bitting or otherwise hurting you. It takes a while longer of depriving the brain of oxygen to be able to cause brain death.

But likewise, could it have been that perhaps the force was so much and so quick that it broke the throat, perhaps coughing blood and him going oh-crap trying to fix it before she succumbed to the break? Then he freaks, comes home, decides its better to not live knowing what he's done, after all he didn't mean to?

I hope it brings Gabby's parents/ loved ones some peace. (if possible).

I am hoping it might take the edge off a bit, for them.
If the bones are confirmed to be Brian's, hopefully this will lead Gabby's family into the next grief stage. Realising there is nothing more that can be done. Which, ultimately and eventually, should help them to move forward into healing.

Huh. So there was a "back pack" and "notebook" (per Presser), and the white bag we've seen clips of, the last of which was not mentioned in the presser, IIRC.
The "White bag" is a dry pack that goes over the black object to keep it waterproof for camping etc.. the "black object" is his backpack and i'm guessing the notebook was inside the backpack among other things.

I'm way behind so sorry if this has been brought up. In watching this video of them finding remains excuse me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't that look like a body with most of the legs missing under the white tent. I'm not saying this to be a smart *advertiser censored* or joking in anyway, but, it definetly looks like a butt/buttocks and upper body. Has anybody else seen this?

Be sure to maximize the video.

And there's also a video of CL when he found the bag. I don't understand why did he walk away with the bag and didn't ask for LE assistance?

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie's parents search Florida park near North Port home

MOO JMO

I'm way behind on these threads, and someone may have already said this, but in this video it looks like CL knows exactly where to go to look for BL. Why there? And RL is kind of just standing around on the path. Did they know that this was his 'special place' in the reserve where he liked to go and hang out? MOO

I guess folks assume that if the body (parts) were under water till now, then so was the notebook. Otherwise, why didn't police find it before now? How could he be under water, but his stuff was not?
Throw the stuff in a tree? Or climb a tree, leave stuff, jump into water?

Carlton Reserve has many jewels too: a picnic area by the Myakka River, a trail surrounding a lake, no shortage of deer. There is a water treatment facility on the property.

There are trails that, when walked, you feel like you are entering a magical realm. Wildflowers are incredible especially wild orchids which are plentiful in Florida.

I'm way behind so sorry if this has been brought up. In watching this video of them finding remains excuse me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't that look like a body with most of the legs missing under the white tent. I'm not saying this to be a smart *advertiser censored* or joking in anyway, but, it definetly looks like a butt/buttocks and upper body. Has anybody else seen this?

I am having troubles seeing anything. I see some sort of big white (perhaps plastic) item under the tent. Is it near that item?

I tend to avoid books like that, but I did enjoy the movie "Boxing Helena". That was one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Remotely similar sounding plot only it was about a man cutting a woman to pieces, one piece by piece and keeping what remained alive in a box. It sounds more gruesome than it was.

I don't think BL cut himself in pieces. I think he was sleeping out there and an alligator killed him in his sleep and now he's in decomposed pieces scattered all over the place. It will be awhile before we know more! IMO

I have seen the film Boxing Helena but that was about controlling a woman a stalker was obsessed with... a different vibe, but BL's favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk, and LULLABY and HAUNTED were a few he posted about on his Instagram account. Someone suggested amputating a digit one could still live and fake their death. Just Food for Thought. I was reading Haunted as this case broke in Septemember.

I think it's important to remember that every defendant, every criminal, every murderer has parents, family members, friends. Parents that often wished their child became a doctor or carpenter or salesperson instead. Unless you have actually dealt with families on all sides of a crime, you may not understand that these are often regular people. People who maybe were too busy to notice their kid falling in with the wrong crowd or too nervous to seek mental health services for their child. People who overcame addiction themselves and did everything to try to break the cycle for their own kids.

If you accept that every killer was once just a baby in diapers with a whole life ahead of him or her, you see that there are still real people attached to these crimes. Some people commit horrific murders and they deserve to spend their lives in prison. They deserve to have their liberty taken away. But you can't automatically convict every OTHER person in their lives.

You will meet people who tried for years to get their brother or sister on the right path and had to give up for the sake of their own kids. Do you think those people are celebrating when their sibling commits a serious crime? Or are they beating themselves up thinking back to "one more thing" they could have done to save their loved one?

So if you feel like celebrating that someone gets to live with the hurt, regret, and pain of losing a child, think to your own life first. Because but for a miracle there are people in my own life who got pulled off dark paths at the last minute. The idea that an entire family is responsible for the crime of one adult son is just inhumane.

I don't understand this post at all. "The idea that an entire family is responsible for the crime of one adult son is just inhumane."

With all due respect, just as you say the public cannot convict them in the court of public opinion, I don't think you can exonerate them. MOO

I don't know who is convicting them in GP's death. But, I know no one has included Cassie in their comments. MOO.

It appears that the Ls talked to the FBI last night and arranged to meet the FBI at the site this morning. FBI was on scene.

At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

Brian Laundrie search: FBI confirms unidentified human remains, fugitive's backpack and notebook found

At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

A little more perspective, if this source is allowed:

Michael Ruiz, Fox reporter https://twitter.com/mikerreports/with_replies

"He was not there when the parents picked it up. They carried it for about 20-30 minutes before meeting up with him and handing it over."

I gotta wonder if those items would have fit into RL's red backpack that she wore to the park today.

I was just thinking the exact same thing! I would love to hear the logic for that.
Are we 100% certain that Myakkahatchee Environmental Park was closed ONLY due to the BL search and not also for flooding? I guess I have been assuming it was for the search, but according to their fb page, they close for flooding frequently, and during this time it just said closed until further notice. Maybe the media also just assumed it was only due to the search? I don't know... just trying to find a reason for it opening up today.

Last edited:
Yeah I heard that but was that wet bag the parents found the same bag as what is being referred to as a backpack found near the remains? Idk the answer to that. Even if it was underwater, still a big coincidence. IMO also idk why LE even opened this thing back up to the public. That is bugging me. All JMO.
as confirmed in tweet by Michael ruiz
dry bag found by laundries... backpack was separate with notebook inside near remains

Re: That other black part isn't the part the clip goes into? I don't know what to call it. <----(I can no longer quote that post so manually brought it over)

Could what's seen hanging out the top of the bag at both ends be BLs hiking bag? It's apparently what he was last seen wearing. You can clearly see one side of the clasp on the right side, I drew a red circle around the other end of the clasp on the left side in the event someone missed it against the dark background. I was Googling for BL fanny pack since that's what those clasps looked like to me. I was going to look at images to see if I could find him wearing a fanny pack which I have seen in the past (I recall that people made fun of it because it was worn off center). I instead landed on the article below. Not sure why the clasps would be hanging out the sides of the top of that rolled down bag through. Seems an odd way to carry a hiking bag off if that's what those are attached to. You'd think they'd be inside the white bag, not hanging out the top. Originally I thought those clasps were part of the white bag and couldn't figure out how you'd wear something like that.

Source of pic: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian LaundrieView attachment 318232
SBM

A dry bag rolls down from the top and then the two ends clip together to secure it. It isn’t really worn—usually placed inside your backpack.
My experience only/MOO

Not most of it from what I understand.
My previous post on another thread.
From what I can find online the area reopened on 8/19/21. It closed again 8/22/21- I believe for the search.
I can't find a date for the closing. I looked at weather the 13th .25" of rain. The 15th 3pm-6pm 1" of rain, day the Laundries say they found the car but left it incase BL wanted to drive it home.

My guess would be the park closed after 6pm 8/15. Had to be open on the 13th for BL to park it. Then open on the 14th for LEO to ticket it.
Had to be open for the Laundries (the public) to find the car. I haven't heard a time of day for their search.

Facebook page North Port Parks & Rec has the 8/19 reopening repost on 8/22 saying it will close again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member