Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@housewife

I would not put it past anyone (not naming anyone specifically) taking the law into their own hands. A vigilante could have killed him and left him in the reserve to be found as if he had been there the entire time. They would probably get away with it too. IMO.

They contaminated the evidence on purpose?
so at first I was gonna say... why would fingerprints matter... they know its Brians because its his stuff
but it WOULD matter if the parent had previously touched it/planted it earlier etc... then there would be a reason their prints were on there for "finding' and 'returning' it to officers after

<modsnip> 2 LE officers were near by as well as his wife. I assume that on some level CL knew he should not touch any possible evidence he came across, was probably been told this before they searched today.
Maybe he was overcome with emotion and touched the bag without thinking.
But after this we see RL holding the bag while an officer is speaking to them.
???Do I have this right???
If so, why had LE not already taken the bag from the L’s? Why was she handed the bag?
Editing to post this article saying that CL picked up the bag.
Human remains discovered in the search for Brian Laundrie | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Absolutely.

From the rules:
"The 'victim friendly' rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. "

Rules - Etiquette & Information

I feel they should be considered victims, until there is hard evidence saying otherwise. Since when did silence become an admission of guilt? I've only read rampant and made for movie speculation concerning the family. Jmo

Add:
And there are plenty of opinions that completely go against known facts. It doesn't fit a narrative so let's discard what is known. I don't know what is to be gained in doing so.

@housewife

I would not put it past anyone (not naming anyone specifically) to have taken the law into their own hands. A vigilante could have killed him and left him in the reserve to be found as if he had been there the entire time. They would probably get away with it too. IMO.

Now, that would be a plot twist. You never know though. But forgo the reward $$$?

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie's parents search Florida park near North Port home

Hopefully this works, should be the video of. This walking in and picking up the bag.
Amazed to see how CL just heads off the path and through tall brush and so quickly arrives at the bag. Meanwhile, RL just stands and waits for him to return; doesn't even poke around in the weeds herself while she waits. That sure was some "happenstance!" Wish I could find things that quickly! MOO.

Fair enough. What's the motive for BL's parents to plant the item's they found? Maybe I'm missing something. JMO.
If the body isn't Brians, that pretty much answer the question. If it is Brian? No motive at all.
I'm of the opinion that Brian's parents knew where he was and knew where to look for his belongings which is why it took them no time and they immediately walked over to a specific area to look for his things. They had searched the park the day he didn't return and then drove the car back to their home. Meaning they either left him stranded at a park or they knew he was dead or alive and hiding imo.

Nice find! All so strange. Hard to imagine but perhaps they didn't run cadaver dogs there earlier?

Could it be as simple as LE was looking for a significant camp - a fire pit, a tent, food supplies, a fugitive? And really it was BL with a backpack and a rope (or something similar)?

* Rope is speculation, not fact. Have not seen it anywhere just my opinion.

I'm just not buying the fact that they just happened to randomly find something after LE have been searching that park for over a month. Let alone 2 things. It just doesn't add up.

Depends on the water levels. Like were the water levels so high that the cadaver dog Diesel did not go through the area?

If human remains have been found with the items then the water level must have been high enough to keep Diesel away until now.

Items can be "planted" but not human remains during a search with cadaver dogs.

Even when the water recedes in a swamp, it takes days to dry out. If you go in there before it’s dry, you’ll sink into the muck. It is so thick it will pull your shoes off when you lift your foot. Search teams familiar with the area knew better to try to go in there too soon. There isn’t always a crew, time or money to backtrack. Not every blade of grass is going to be touched.

I don’t believe there was anything nefarious going on by not going back thru that particular area. They could have ridden 4 wheelers thru there this morning and still missed it. It took boots on the ground rustling thru bushes looking to find stuff. The dad knew that trail was finally dry enough. He’d been in there hiking before. I’m not at all surprised he found stuff. He probably had a general idea of what to look for too.

Now, that would be a plot twist. You never know though. But forgo the reward $$$?

Yes especially if they were personally effected by the case. Some people would rather have the satisfaction of vengeance instead of the reward money. IMO.

@housewife

I would not put it past anyone (not naming anyone specifically) taking the law into their own hands. A vigilante could have killed him and left him in the reserve to be found as if he had been there the entire time. They would probably get away with it too. IMO.
I really hope not. That's been something I was afraid of. I'm sure during the time the areas were shut down to the public, there was someone keeping an eye on people trying to get in, or I hope there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0