Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the regular YouTube app doesn’t stream the show. Sometimes NewsNation will post the full episode on their YouTube channel as a video after it airs live. They don’t do that all the time, but sometimes they do. They do post clips from the show on their YouTube channel everyday tho. :)
You can watch it live on their website. NewsNation Streaming Live

***MOO***

I notice some similarities between BL and Fotis Dulos (CT). Both had a nasty temper behind closed doors and sadly tried to flip the script onto their victims. Both felt "convicted in the court of public opinion", and many people thought that both were too arrogant/cocky to be a threat to their own safety. As reality set in it seems they both took the cowardly way out. I bring this up because FD left behind a letter on notebook paper and only committed suicide once he felt some real pressure. Is it possible that BL went camping, his parents called to tell him the AW news and that is when BL decided to end his life?

I would not be surprised if a possible BL note followed the same format as FD's..

1) I am totally innocent of all charges!
2) By the way, my (parents/girlfriend/attorney friend/sister etc) are also 100% innocent, please free them of any accusations
3) one liner afterthought: tell (my kids, my parents, my family etc) I love them
4) recap on "me vs the world"/court of public opinion mentality.

Here is the FD note as a reminder or if you have never read it before.

fotisdulosnote.jpg
source- Jennifer Dulos Case: Fotis Dulos' Suicide Note Released
Thank you, I had not seen this.

I don't find it all that strange they took the mustang back to the house. LE was going to tow it, so it would have been removed either way.

If Brian wanted to come home, it would have been quite easy for him to contact them. This was a popular park with countless people around who had cell phones. It's not actual wilderness. jmo
These are all good points. I completely forgot about the ticket on the car.

So nothing about that week seems abnormal to me personally. He didn't come home, they reported it. They bring the car home because it was going to be towed.

Since the beginning, I've thought there was a gun missing from the car. LE went to check the car for something that Friday night without gloves. They checked places that someone could have stored a gun. Either the Laundries discovered it was missing and were legitimately concerned he did/would kill himself, or LE asked them if he had any weapons and it was discovered the gun was missing. I think they concentrated so hard on the park to search because they suspected he was there, likely dead.

MOO.

I read that article and I took it more that he thought it was weird that BL was saying he needed to do yoga because one minute he was raging and another wanting to do yoga and be granola.

I didn't take it that way at all, and I'm not sure how you've drawn that conclusion when the statement about him easily being p*ssed off and doing yoga are not even in the same sentence, or paragraph, or related to each other.

MOO

I also wonder why, if there was an area that the parents said they were sure would yield clues from the beginning, and they were unable to do any search of that area within 3 days of BL disappearance, why wouldnt the receding of the water be viewed as an opportunity to do that search by LE? Why would they end the search and open the park to visitors when the water had finally receded enough to make a thorough search that, it appears, would have yielded clues for the first time? JMO
I agree. It’s weird IMO that they had dive teams and swamp tanks or whatever on hand during the search but didn’t find anything where the laundries told them to look until the day after the reserve opened. But also IMO that helps the Laundries case more than it makes them look suspicious because it means they were right all along. Perhaps it was the “training” LE wanted to do...that’s a joke btw.

Why did he choose a violent suicide if he did? There are easier ways to die, surely?
Why did he choose the swamp as his last resting place?
I can't make head nor tail of it.
Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....
It's beautiful and peaceful to be surrounded by nature, far from the sound and pollution of cities and other humans. I adore our swampy parks here and love to hike them with my camera.
I live in the piney woods and I don't even like to walk to my car after dark. I admire your sense of adventure.

Does skeletal remains make it even weirder for anyone else? I understood partial remains but skeletal? I guess the animal activity there changes things a lot. Up north a body seems to have a lot of “flesh” left even if submerged in a river for months. JMO.
Animal and insect activity.
Does skeletal remains make it even weirder for anyone else? I understood partial remains but skeletal? I guess the animal activity there changes things a lot. Up north a body seems to have a lot of “flesh” left even if submerged in a river for months. JMO.
From How Stuff Works - Maggots can consume up to 60 percent of a human body in seven days.

I agree. It’s weird IMO that they had dive teams and swamp tanks or whatever on hand during the search but didn’t find anything where the laundries told them to look until the day after the reserve opened. But also IMO that helps the Laundries case more than it makes them look suspicious because it means they were right all along. Perhaps it was the “training” LE wanted to do...that’s a joke btw.
This is interesting in light of that.

‘Highly suspicious:’ How cadaver dogs missed skeletal remains while searching for Brian Laundrie at Florida reserve | WFLA

Good points. And the fact that both BL's parents and BL kept Cassie in the dark, as no mention whatsoever to Cassie about GP, yet BL and BL's parents surprise Cassie and her young boys with a visit on 9/1/21 and then again invite Cassie and boys to a smores happy family camping outing around 9/6/21 between Noon and 8pm with GP's name off limits. Just strange. GP and BL dated for like 2 years and lived at or near BL's parents FL place. Plus, GP last facetimed Cassie and also GP's Mom on 8/25/21. Bizarre.

They might not have told CL very much, if anything, because they know her personality. She has been pretty vocal during at least part of the last month and a half and they may have thought she would say some thing she shouldn’t. Perhaps they were trying to protect her but my money is on not telling her so she couldn’t talk.

MOO

These are all good points. I completely forgot about the ticket on the car.

So nothing about that week seems abnormal to me personally. He didn't come home, they reported it. They bring the car home because it was going to be towed.

Since the beginning, I've thought there was a gun missing from the car. LE went to check the car for something that Friday night without gloves. They checked places that someone could have stored a gun. Either the Laundries discovered it was missing and were legitimately concerned he did/would kill himself, or LE asked them if he had any weapons and it was discovered the gun was missing. I think they concentrated so hard on the park to search because they suspected he was there, likely dead.

MOO.
The gun is all fake news, people making up stuff.

I really want to believe they had no clue until they started receiving phone calls, the fact that there were two reports in the NPPD records for 9/10 (albeit heavily redacted) makes me wonder if there wasn't some kind of disagreement on what to do moving forward.

However, there are just so many unanswered questions, that may always be unanswered, that do cast a little bit of doubt there. I have said before, if they truly had no clue prior to receiving the calls and their behaviors/actions/lack thereof up to this point are simply them following their lawyer's advice because that's all they could do, it does make me incredibly sad for them. Unless BL came right out and told them exactly what happened to GP, I can only imagine they've been holding onto the hope that something would come to light to clear their child.

Even with the doubts, though, I always go back to: If you honestly knew nothing, did nothing, and were completely innocent, why wouldn't you volunteer everything you knew? Would you not want to get your name off the potential list of suspects ASAP not only for yourself but so LE could focus on finding the actual person responsible?

As they are reporting that the area was underwater for weeks, I did a google search for "bodies discovered in water."

Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

*WARNING* Pictures of bodies recovered from water. Scrolling down to the very bottom there is a picture of a completely skeletonized body that had been in warm water just a few days.

thanks, you answered my question. So just because he is skeletal he could have just been there 7 days or more,though Id bet there is other evidence he has been there longer

from your link

Rapid skeletonization of remains may occur in bodies of water in tropical areas due to water temperature and carnivorous fish species. This individual reportedly went missing only a few days prior to recovery.

How would they be so sure the remains were most likely brian if they were skeletal? I would think they would actually need the DNA for that. I get you can guess based on bone structure, but a positive ID (unless a skull with dental match up) seems pretty unlikely this quick other than it was in the vicinity of the backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89