Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<Warning for those squeamish>

I wonder what part they originally found yesterday that were 'pretty sure' (my words) were his. And if he's in parts... I'm assuming a gater got him after all? I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces. And even if they did run off with pieces, I'd think they'd all be pretty close to the piece found, so surprised they weren't found yesterday.

<modsnip>

As bodies decompose and turn into skeletons, the parts get moved around by currents. And, I posted an article about how the very process of decomp can make arms and legs move to positions they were not in, at death.

Human body farm research uncovers 'astounding' movement of dead arms

Different body parts sink into underlying silt and muck at different rates. Different types of scavengers take different sized bones (including underwater scavengers).

I think they said "pretty" sure because it appeared to be the right size human, and nearby was Brian's backpack. The dry bag was found further way, up in some underbrush. I do not know exactly where the back was found, but I assumed it was in the water near him. Perhaps he used it to help keep his body under water.

Exactly. As a survivor of this exact thing, I concur. They aren't out of it when they are doing it, they are doing it with purpose and likely taunting the victim at the same time.

Yes. I don't see it as a common go-to move unless the person is OK with causing serious injury or worse, IMO

I'm sorry you had to go through that and I'm glad you're a survivor.

If LE drops any ongoing charges for Brian, will those 911 redacted be UNredacted (not sure thats a word)?

And now the link that you posted. Just in case anyone saw the clickbait headline and made any assumptions, I feel it necessary to clarify that Brian's former colleague thought he was 'weird' because he did yoga.

That's the only reason!

Well heck, there must be a lot of other weird people about if that's the only criteria to be labelled as weird.

All above statements can be verified in the article here: Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

I just wanted to point out about BL being labeled a weirdo from the Quoted link. IMHO it wasn't because he did yoga, according the the quote it's because of what I've bolded (MOO):

"I remember from back then he was a big yoga nut, always telling me, ‘I gotta worry about my zen,’" Livingston said. "And I thought he was this weirdo."

And another thing opinion I have about weirdos and yoga doers... all the weirdos I've ever know have NEVER done any yoga. And all the yoga doers I've known weren't weirdos. I honestly believe his friend thinks he's a weird because he was always telling he he was worried about his zen. Well, I wonder what his zen thinks now? Nothing positive I'm thinking.

All MOO.... :)

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

Last edited:
I think the question that arises from YOUR questions for me is: what would the benefit be of planting evidence for the Laundries, especially if they really did suspect he was still in the park (which would mean dead)? All eyes have been on them for weeks and their home is probably tapped by the FBI. There is no logistical way any of these wild conspiracy theories make any sense. They're convoluted and complicated.

(I know you were responding to someone else so these questions do not necessarily reflect what you think happened.) :)
If the remains are BLs and (as does seem likely) include important parts of his body (as opposed to just a finger or something), I agree that there would be little benefit in planting the evidence.

Note that my questions go beyond the issue of whether evidence was planted to questions of how they found it, whether they were in contact with BL, whether they took anything out of the bag, etc. That might be relevant to whether the Ls helped BL avoid capture and prosecution. If the remains are BL's, another relevant question, which I don't think I mentioned, is when he died and how long the remains had been there. If he died right after disappearing, some of those additional questions would be irrelevant.

JMO

As they are reporting that the area was underwater for weeks, I did a google search for "bodies discovered in water."

Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

*WARNING* Pictures of bodies recovered from water. Scrolling down to the very bottom there is a picture of a completely skeletonized body that had been in warm water just a few days.

WOW. I took the plunge and took a look. That's incredible. Plus whatever critters may have encountered the body.

Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....
people have such a wrong outlook on Florida lol i think its so misleading because even the news outlets always say.....alligator infested....lol....very misleading.....there may be alligators in the swamps but its not like they run out the woods at any opportunity and bite you, you can hike all day and never see one, never see a snake either at times, now bugs, well mosquitoes might get you at every opportunity but they have bug spray for that.....there are many beautiful things to see out in nature, the colorful birds and butterflies and trees and wildflowers and other animals can be breathtaking!

I don't know if the Ls could have planted the evidence, but some questions do arise:
  • Did they know it was there? If so, how and when did they know? Was it a favorite place of BL's? Did they have other info that led them to that spot? Were they just lucky?
  • If the remains are BL's, what did they know about his whereabouts as the search progressed? Were they in communication with him?
  • Could an associate have planted it? This seems unlikely, but should be ruled out.
  • Why did they pick up the bag instead of simply alerting LE to it? Did they take anything out or put it into the bag?
  • Why were the items and remains not found in previous searches? The answer may be as simple as those things being underwater, but knowing why may help LE in future searches.
JMO
I don’t really think they planted the evidence either, and definitely not at that time, but is it possible they could have planted it earlier? (Obviously since the water had receded though.) Perhaps they were even frustrated that LE hadn’t found it yet and since the park was opening to the public they needed to go in and “find” it before it was disturbed by someone?

The gun is all fake news, people making up stuff.
No one "made up" seeing what they believed to be a gun case picked up by LE from the trunk of the Mustang. It has never been verified that that is what it was. Their attorney, however, when asked if BL had a gun with him answered "unknown". So, you nor anyone else knows whether or not BL had a gun, including his attorney. JMO

I am the least knowledgeable about these things but, if an alligator(s) were involved at some point in the “decomposition”, would the dogs necessarily have detected the smell during that time?

https://www.wfla.com/news/sarasota-county/brian-laundrie-search-human-remains-found-in-carlton-reserve-being-worked-on-no-timeline-set-for-id/

The remains found Wednesday were skeletal, according to Brian Entin. Dr. Russell Vega, the chief medical examiner for Florida’s Twelfth District, confirmed Thursday that his team is “currently working on the remains” that were found Wednesday. According to Vega, that includes a continued investigation at the scene, as well as identification.

“I don’t know when the ID process will be complete,” he said in an email to 8 On Your Side’s Mahsa Saeidi.

The partial remains that Vega and his team are now attempting to identify were found Wednesday in the Carlton Reserve area. According to the FBI, they were found near personal items – including a backpack and a notebook – belonging to Brian Laundrie.

How would they be so sure the remains were most likely brian if they were skeletal? I would think they would actually need the DNA for that. I get you can guess based on bone structure, but a positive ID (unless a skull with dental match up) seems pretty unlikely this quick other than it was in the vicinity of the backpack

Does Brian have any piercings or old breaks that have been pinned?

Anyone know? I know sometimes bodies are identified by the plates in the old breaks.

Why would you even go to that place in good times? How could it be enjoyable with snakes, alligators and bugs!! Maybe visit in a helicopter, but hike....
I had the same thought! Especially as I cannot stand heat or humidity. But if you look up the area where his car was parked in that southeast reserve, there are photos online of boardwalk trails and wildlife observation decks, and some restrooms, etc. that look very tame. That's about the only portion you'd get me in! Then again, people wonder how we can hike or even walk down a sidewalk in town here because of bears. I guess for those of us who don't live in that area, it seems like the wildlife is rampant and out to grab you at every corner, but it's not that awful. (I choose bears over alligators, though!)

For me, it is still odd that the search mainly took place 5-6 miles from where the car was left and where BL was eventually found. The days they said for sure they had cadaver dog(s) on the search, it was at the northern edge of the preserve - almost 6 miles from where he was found.

Presumably, they felt they'd search the area near the car thoroughly enough early on. But I'd think that if they thought he'd killed himself, the logical place would be not too far from where he parked. OTOH, if he was on the run, he would have passed through the preserve (quickly, if he had any sense) and not be a cadaver at the northern end. Maybe there was a cadaverine hit from another human up that way that threw things off.

Isn't it entirely possible the Laundries reported to the FBI that BL went "hiking" on Monday, even if that information wasn't made public? And also possible not much legal action could be taken because he was not a suspect? So maybe LE were monitoring and aware of the situation but couldn't launch a manhunt for a person who was neither a suspect nor officially missing in the early part of that week? Just questions, just MOO.

I just wanted to point out about BL being labeled a weirdo from the above link. IMHO it wasn't because he did yoga, according the the quote it's because of what I've bolded (MOO):

"I remember from back then he was a big yoga nut, always telling me, ‘I gotta worry about my zen,’" Livingston said. "And I thought he was this weirdo."

And another thing opinion I have about weirdos and yoga doers... all the weirdos I've ever know have NEVER done any yoga. And all the yoga doers I've known weren't weirdos. I honestly believe his friend thinks he's a weird because he was always telling he he was worried about his zen. Well, I wonder what his zen thinks now? Nothing positive I'm thinking.

All MOO.... :)
Yeah, almost as if BL knew there was something inside fighting that zen.

After seeing that FB post of his someone shared a few threads back..I think it says a lot about who BL is.

If the remains are BLs and (as does seem likely) include important parts of his body (as opposed to just a finger or something), I agree that there would be little benefit in planting the evidence.

Note that my questions go beyond the issue of whether evidence was planted to questions of how they found it, whether they were in contact with BL, whether they took anything out of the bag, etc. That might be relevant to whether the Ls helped BL avoid capture and prosecution. If the remains are BL's, another relevant question, which I don't think I mentioned, is when he died. If he died right after disappearing, some of those additional questions would be irrelevant.

JMO
I really doubt the evidence was planted. I do think the parent dropped that dry sack off for him early on and possibly had contact with him in the first few days before he was reported missing by them. I think they found that dry sack and knew he never got it. no other reason it would be so far from body and back pack, that they would magically find it, and that they would feel okay picking it up bare handed so now their fingerprints had a reason to be there as opposed to fingerprints being on there from drop off. But no I do not think any of that happened yesterday. it happened last month early on and they didnt think he'd kill himself/get eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58