Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

Bertolino spoke with Fox News Digital by phone Thursday, and he explained that he personally notified the FBI immediately that Brian never returned home from his hike of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Sept. 13.

HOWEVER…

Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for North Port Police Department (NPPD), struck back in an email to Fox News Digital Thursday that in "no way was any of the NPPD’s actions, comments, or reporting reflective of the NPPD having information that Brian Laundrie was missing on that Monday the 13th."

"Please keep in mind that NPPD was an assisting agency until Tuesday night September 14th," he wrote. "I’m confident that if that were true, the information would have been relayed."

"No response was given in any form," Taylor said Thursday. "Our door to getting info, including Brian being potentially missing, was wide open."

He reiterated that the police department was not notified about Brian's possible disappearance until that Friday, Sept. 17.

"I was in the room when it happened," Taylor continued. "The FBI called and informed us that the family now believed he was missing since Tuesday and we needed to head over to the home to begin a missing person investigation. Remember, they later changed that story to Monday."
That's exactly as I remember it going down.

Do these animals not eat human dental remains? Is seems that many remains are identified through dental records. It is a good thing, but why are they left?
I don't want to be gory here but I would think the softer parts of a body would be eaten first since they take less effort. The head is really bony and not much to eat there. But that's only my opinion. It is so Hannibal Lector to thing about! MOO

Oh, I forgot to mention, in regards to the multiple people asking earlier why some are so sure Brian committed suicide, my thoughts/response on that would be that it seems likely, largely because of the skeletonized condition of the body.

Can I say why this makes sense to me? Maybe not necessarily (lol), but if I had to make a statement as to why I think it makes sense, I would say that if Brian intended to stay alive he would have been alive longer and thus be less decomposed; and I also find it unlikely that he would be dispatched by a predator (if he indeed was) so early in the front end of a stay, probability wise.

WATCH | Kristin Thorne sits down with Steven Bertolino

"His parents are a mess. They are extremely upset. They're 'extremely distraught' is the word I've been using, but I don't think that accurately describes it," said Bertolino.

Eyew

Gabby Petito case: Brian Laundrie's remains found in Florida park, FBI confirms

For the first time, we are hearing about the moments before Brian Laundrie left his parent’s home on Sept. 13 to go to the Carlton Reserve. I asked attorney Steven Bertolino whether Brian’s parents feared Brian may hurt himself. His answer:

video
https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1451372881183715330

BALONEY! That is what the Backer Act is for. The L's could have called 911 and said they fear for their sons safety; he's a danger to himself.
Baker Act - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to mention, in regards to the multiple people asking earlier why some are so sure Brian committed suicide, my thoughts/response on that would be that it seems likely, largely because of the skeletonized condition of the body.

Can I say why this makes sense to me? Maybe not necessarily (lol), but if I had to make a statement as to why I think it makes sense, I would say that if Brian intended to stay alive he would have been alive longer and thus be less decomposed; and I also find it unlikely that he would be dispatched by a predator (if he indeed was) so early in the front end of a stay, probability wise.
I just wonder why he didn't kill his self in Wyoming?

Do we KNOW for certain that it was suicide yet? IF not then it is still possible that BL's apparent death could've been an accident or an animal attack.
Has happened before.
MOO

No, we don't know COD. I wrote "and either decided to commit suicide later, or died of an accident or exposure." but maybe I wasn't clear enough. I worry we may never know COD.

I don't want to be gory here but I would think the softer parts of a body would be eaten first since they take less effort. The head is really bony and not much to eat there. But that's only my opinion. It is so Hannibal Lector to thing about! MOO
To be blunt, practically every part of the human body (or any mammal's body) is meatier than the head. So the head is usu the last to go and since it's round, and might dis-attatch and roll away it's not always found with the rest of the body, particularly if most of the body has decomposed or was messed with by critters. So... either he shot himself in the head or that was a super hungry gator.

So just speculating.

What if the Laundries learned early on that Brian was responsible for Gabby's death and didn't take the Petitos' calls and texts because they had no idea what to say to them? And were trying to figure out what to do with this knowledge themselves?

Just speculating, I am not advocating this theory.

Thoughts from all you brilliant WS minds?

Question for people who know more about taxidermy things.

Is it possible that teeth could be swapped from one skull fragment to another to fool a dental check?

IF so I do hope the ME/feds do a DNA check on ALL parts and pieces that they find.
MOO
Speculation

Oh vey, that was our dinner discussion tonight; body parts swapped, teeth, clothing swap between BL + some other random dead guy. Not what I believe at this moment, but I was so wrong about BL being in the swamp. Outcome may not be what I expected. What we know so far only tells part of the story.

All I know for sure: puzzles are good for the brain.

If he died by suicide, then I seriously don't believe he did it because he felt remorse over Gabby's death. Much more likely that he had come to believe that he would get caught and did not want to have to deal with spending the rest of his life in jail.
IF this was a suicide, I agree with your post. I DO NOT see BL having remorse for Gabby or anyone else. I CAN see him being afraid of prison. MOO

I think he's still "trying" the case in public. MOO. He knows this is not over. He hopes it is - and it may indeed end favorably for him. But, IMO, he is still concerned. This is what his actions and words tell me (and only me). JMO

Edit: I am now seeing some posts on this very point and it appears it is not only me getting this vibe. MOO

IMHO, SB did that interview to be proactive for damage control. He fails to see that he helped create this “court of public opinion.” MOO

So just speculating.

What if the Laundries learned early on that Brian was responsible for Gabby's death and didn't take the Petitos' calls and texts because they had no idea what to say to them? And were trying to figure out what to do with this knowledge themselves?

Just speculating, I am not advocating this theory.

Thoughts from all you brilliant WS minds?
I personally think they KNEW, weather BL told them or they knew BL enough to know or assume why Gabby wasn't with him and the van. MOO

I just wonder why he didn't kill his self in Wyoming?

IMHO, a lot of questions have been posed, not just by you, about why didn't Gabby do this or that and why didn't Brian do this or that.

Science has determined that the decision-making part of the brain isn't fully mature until the age of 25 or so.

We might be applying fully-grown adult logic to the actions of people whose brains had not yet been fully formed to make logically adult decisions.

I am neither victim blaming nor suspect defending here. Just to be clear.

The parents probably thought he was grieving because his fiancé left him. I doubt any parent would jump to the conclusion that murder has occurred.

I don't think he was rational in his last days/month. I think he was probably freaking the f out that he murdered his gf and didn't know what to do. I also think he allowed himself to be in some amount of denial when she wasn't found right away.
I agree that he didn't expect her to be found as soon as she was, if ever. He also had no way of knowing that Gabby would become national news. If he could have found a way to live without going to prison I think he would have. We will never know that I guess. Jmo

Is it just me or does this make it seem like the L family KNEW Gabby was dead; if not when BL got back but definitely before he went "hiking"
https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1451372881183715330

Yes it does seem that way -

I am looking for the other half of the video interview for more clarity…

He must feel really comfortable to be speaking so candidly. (imo)

Grieving and distraught are strong words to use if it was a break-up, (if that’s what Brian told them) or if he was grieving that she was lost?

All my opinion - hopefully l can find the full interview…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801