Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Umm - am I misremembering?

If B had Gs phone - how did she hit him with it?

My understanding is that G had the phone in her hand and when making her way through the drivers side window, she 'caught' B with the phone.

I have watched both videos and I am sure that the reason the van was locked was that B wanted there to be some space between them, whilst G 'calmed down'.

What am I missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Iirc, they released a brief statement that they'd spoken with LE and had no further comment ?

I remember that too, and that it was something to do with the bill? I just figured by now someone who witnessed all of it would have been interviewed by some tv/news report.

I say this only with hindsight, but the L's committed no crimes, imo. It was their son and their son alone who did all that.

Under our Constitution we are fortunately allowed to not speak, it's our right.

Media and SM fed this beast and this storyline until it gained enough traction that we the public all believed it to be true.

They were never criminals in my mind, breaking any laws. Like it or not, I believe these are the facts. I think the public acted appallingly towards the L's because of what their son was accused of and indicted for not because they were guilty of anything.

That whole idea caught fire and stuck, it was like a runaway train and look at where that train stopped, right where the L's said there son was found. People complaining about the costs of the search, the waste of time it was, and chasing ghosts across the country and in the end he was right where his parent's suspected he was. So really what did the L's do wrong, just because they exercised their right to remain silent. jmo
It's certainly a constitutional right not to speak. But it also is a constitutional right to form an opinion and express it publicly. Even in maintaining the right to silence a defendant can be convicted of a crime. Even in silence, they can be convicted in civil court. jmo

Last edited:
LOL! You're actual experience and expertise controls this discussion! I just compared the photos to what I could find in Amazon! :)
:D Geeking out over stuff like pens and ink, especially when I am basically a third-grader hoping to have a reason to break out that first chemistry set and play in water, is a nice break from thinking hard about legal ethics/performance and personality disorders, both of which are significant parts of my actual life. :(:p:cool:

I find it very sad that BL chose the coward's way out - two families are ruined now - he failed to own up to what he did to poor GP - look at how he treated her. I still maintain she was a nervous wreck due to how he treated her, MOO.

Now, Nassau County officials cite the case and the heightened awareness in expanding its “Safe Dates Initiative,” which teaches kids the difference between healthy and abusive.

“Behavior such as excessive jealousy, threats, accusations, humiliation,” crime victims’ advocate Jeanine Diehl-Paulson said.

The county is urging every school district to sign up for the free four-session program. So far, only 20% take part, including Elmont, which is expanding it to the middle school.

“Kids need to know how to get out of uncomfortable situations and resources they can use to do that, but also, it hopefully doesn’t put kids in that position to begin with, where it teaches kids how to be respectful,” said Kevin Dougherty, principal of Elmont Memorial High School.

The program is taught by The Safe Center LI and domestic abuse victims like Liz Osowiecki, who has “No means no” tattooed on her arm.

“Being obsessive and stalking your partner, and pretending that you’re the only two people in the world, it doesn’t feel so bad until you realize that it’s a red flag and that you have lost all your friends and that this person does control you,” Osowiecki said.

“One in 4 adolescents experience verbal, physical, emotional or sexual abuse from a dating partner,” Nassau County Executive Laura Curran said.

Nassau County is hosting a virtual event on Nov. 19 at 6 p.m. for parents, students and educators to learn more about the Safe Dates Initiative.

Victims can call the Safe Center’s 24-hour hotline at 516-542-0404.
Gabby Petito's Death Prompts Nassau County To Expand 'Safe Dates Initiative' To Help Young People's Relationships

Great! I always hoped that some “good relationship” skills education would come of this case.

In retrospect, knowing that they are both dead, in looking at the videos of BL and GP, you just can’t help but think, “If only these two young people had better healthy relationship skills.”

I was able to watch Marnie's interview of Steve Bertolino and he's so angry. He's angry at the public, angry at our speculation.
It does appear that way.
Curious about this lawyer.
My opinion has been from the start of this case when the L.'s went silent towards the Petito's, that they knew something.
If they did not and are innocent of everything -- other than being somewhat rude to Gabby's family --- I think the Laundrie's need to look for better counsel.
Even some of the atty's on this site or those with legal expertise would do a better job.
I've read comments here on WS that show more common sense in dealing with the media, and valuable insight.
SB is alienating everyone.
Not to mention he's letting slip some information that could damage his clients.
Imo.

I say this only with hindsight, but the L's committed no crimes, imo. It was their son and their son alone who did all that.

Under our Constitution we are fortunately allowed to not speak, it's our right.

Media and SM fed this beast and this storyline until it gained enough traction that we the public all believed it to be true.

They were never criminals in my mind, breaking any laws. Like it or not, I believe these are the facts. I think the public acted appallingly towards the L's because of what their son was accused of and indicted for not because they were guilty of anything.

That whole idea caught fire and stuck, it was like a runaway train and look at where that train stopped, right where the L's said there son was found. People complaining about the costs of the search, the waste of time it was, and chasing ghosts across the country and in the end he was right where his parent's suspected he was. So really what did the L's do wrong, just because they exercised their right to remain silent. jmo
It's also a constitutional right to protest. Just sayin is all. :)

Umm - am I misremembering?

If B had Gs phone - how did she hit him with it?

My understanding is that G had the phone in her hand and when making her way through the drivers side window, she 'caught' B with the phone.

I have watched both videos and I am sure that the reason the van was locked was that B wanted there to be some space between them, whilst G 'calmed down'.

What am I missing?
They were "aggressively" fighting over GP's phone. It was her phone, he had absolutely no right to take it from her. jmo

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie argued 'aggressively': witness

A wild theory popped into my head.

What if B and G had a fight, he choked her but G did not die there and then but succumbed to her injuries a bit later. By which time he had stormed off, thinking that G was fine. Travelled back to Florida, wallowed in self-pity because in his mind they were simply broken up. And then the police turns up and he realises he actually did more damage than he initially thought. Could explain why he was doing 'normal' things between 1-11 and then suddenly was 'grieving' and went to the reserve?
no way. IMO. It takes a lot to strangle someone, he knew what he did.

Great! I always hoped that some “good relationship” skills education would come of this case.

In retrospect, knowing that they are both dead, in looking at the videos of BL and GP, you just can’t help but think, “If only these two young people had better healthy relationship skills.”

Yes. Including knowing when to let a relationship truly and fully go. :(

Yes, and what did the parents think he was "grieving" about on the 13th? Loss of a great set of wheels a couple of days earlier? This was before her body was found.
Finding her body has nothing to do with his grief I don't think. He knew what he had done and he was grieving for the life he took. He knew everything was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member