Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to rehash the Moab stop, but the confusion over Brians cell phone is easily resolved.Brian was relating to the officer his worries in that moment. That moment being their fight on the sidewalk that was reported.
He was afraid Gabby would take off leaving him no transpo or phone, it being in the van. He was not trying to say he didn't have a phone at all. Or now in the present.

It seemed clear to me from the Moab video, not sure why so many were confused that he was speaking in the past tense.

But he did tell the officer that he "had no phone", only to pull his phone out of his pocket a few minutes later.

Though I really wanted a perp-walk, I am also satisfied that BL was consumed with the ramifications of his actions (rather than feet up, playing video games in the comfort of a vacation home, which is what I dreaded). The possibility that he was in the swamp for an extended period of time, lost his own life there one way or another, is a method of release for all involved and the ultimate punishment.

For the Petito/Schmidt families-- I hope this resolution allows them to achieve peace of mind sooner rather than later. To truly move beyond the devil that was BL and dwell in the beautiful light they'd raised up in the world through Gabby. I feel assured her family will heal, as they treat one another with a great respect and focus. Blessings on them all.

For the much more dismal future of the Laundrie family-- I suspect their nightmares are just beginning. I cannot imagine the churning remorse that awaits that set of parents in the still and quiet darkness that comes as a relief to those who have made healthy choices for their conscience... They must live and endure the shortcomings of the guidance they proffered their only son, their failures to teach him tolerance, how to cope, and love. And to bear the social stigma of their cold demeanor in the face of their community and countrymen... we don't soon forget, and neither will they. Again, a punishment so exactly crafted that it is more than enough.

I hope the protesting people go home now and attend to the issues of their own lives... leave it be. It's all that can be done now.

MOO

But he did tell the officer that he "had no phone", only to pull his phone out of his pocket a few minutes later.

his own phone was in the van, battery was dead.

he pulls the phone out of his pocket ( her phone) after he has retrieved her phone from ' the spot' in the van ( we don't visually see that sequence on camera iirc, hence the mass confusion. )

When we saw the second officer's body cam we learned that they knew they were being pulled over for a DV situation.
Do you mean that the officer told them, or that he asked them if they knew why they were being pulled over and they indicated it was because of the DV situation? I need to go back and rewatch. Thanks for clarifying.

You're right, the Laundries and Brian have sucked the air out of the room. And it's amazing how the public forgets a beautiful young woman who was strangled to death by the person she loved and then left while he used her vehicle and money to try to get away with the crime. She had protected him Moab and he sought that same protection even after killing her.
@Mom24 I agree so much.

I checked the REI site and found that there are flip flops with Vibram soles. MOO but reading that Gabby liked REI, they may have come from there. But the primary point here is that the yellow Vibram logo could be what we are seeing for sure. Again, MOO
I've tried and tried but I just don't see how it can be a shoe, especially one with a Vibram logo. The yellow thing in the photo is simply too big. Compare it to the police officer's visible hand/knuckles. From this picture it seems as though the vibram logo is small and oblong. The yellow thing, whatever it is, is not the same shape. It also can't be two logos next to each other because of how they're in the middle of the sole. It can't be a shoe on the black thing IMO because with how close the black thing is to the side of the dry bag you would be able to see the impression of the shoe/sole against it like how we can see the corners of the black thing.
IMO the only thing we can see in the drybag, and the only thing the photographer said is in the drybag, is that mysterious black thing.
and yes I'm aware I've spent way too much of my life sleuthing what's in this bag...

EXACTLY the way I see it. He was "grieving" after he knew that his life from there on out was not worth living. Not remorseful, just didn't want to live a life in prison. If he had any remorse, he wouldn't have tried to hide his whereabouts so his family would continue to search for him, maybe forever. Should have shot himself in the back yard and be done with it. They would grieve his loss, but be relieved that they knew what happened. It was a cruel thing to do to them, to drag it out like he did. jmo

Yeah. It's supposed to be that way, but he has made a lot of slip-ups that are not helpful to his clients! Some, bigger than others, but he gets dates wrong or not fitting with the known timeline...and he said in that Marni interview that Brian is 22. Brian is 23. Unless he has had a birthday recently in which case he would be 24. Just dumb stuff he messes up. jmo

SB has said too much and said it incorrectly throughout this saga, absolutely. I've ripped his performance and choices from stem to stern for weeks. :)

Wgat I meant by my comment was that regardless of what he said or his word choice, his words can't be (for legal purposes) placed on the Ls as though they themselves made them. His unintended revelations or mere misstatements are not theirs.

They may be able to figure how the skull was cracked....animal or gunshot.?? jmo Also they are still looking so maybe they have found more by now. jmo
They have reopened the park to the public. They may have not found any more of BL in that location. IMO
It's also possible that they could easily find other dead people out there. They have found others.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet

Attorney: Brian Laundrie's parents may find out more info on cause of death today
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino, in an interview with ABC's 'Good Morning America' Friday, says Chris and Roberta Laundrie do not know how Brian died.

"I was informed from law enforcement yesterday that perhaps midday today we may have some more information," he said. "But as of right now, we know as much as you do so."

Posted by Greg Norman​

Brian Laundrie was 'grieving' when he vanished, before Petito found dead, lawyer says: LIVE UPDATES

Edit - I wonder if this means a weapon of some sort was found at the scene? My gut feeling was if it was suicide, it was an overdose. But toxicology would take much much longer. MOO

And, both Chris Watts and Brian Laundrie were always grinning like cheshire cats in those very same videos, seeking attention and approval. Or is this just an exercise to blame the women? Chris Watts pushed and sold thrive to the point his co-workers got turned off, and Brian Laundrie posted on IG too, and was prominently in the youtube video Gabby had the creativity to make. But only the 2 women were monetizing their efforts and looking for followers? IMO

Both men were active participants. For all we know both men suggested the women pursue the influencer career.

I say this only with hindsight, but the L's committed no crimes, imo. It was their son and their son alone who did all that.

Under our Constitution we are fortunately allowed to not speak, it's our right.

Media and SM fed this beast and this storyline until it gained enough traction that we the public all believed it to be true.

They were never criminals in my mind, breaking any laws. Like it or not, I believe these are the facts. I think the public acted appallingly towards the L's because of what their son was accused of and indicted for not because they were guilty of anything.

That whole idea caught fire and stuck, it was like a runaway train and look at where that train stopped, right where the L's said there son was found. People complaining about the costs of the search, the waste of time it was, and chasing ghosts across the country and in the end he was right where his parent's suspected he was. So really what did the L's do wrong, just because they exercised their right to remain silent. jmo
They exercised their right to remain silent. Their lawyer did not. There’s also quite a lot that can be said without risk of incrimination… such as “we are grieving for Gabby along with all of you.” JMO.

I wouldn't call Gabby reacting to Brian's violence 'mutual aggression.'

MOO

"Like" 1000 times.

Reactive abuse is the victim's reactions to the abuse they're receiving. Hitting, screaming, being verbally abusive.

Then often the abuser takes advantage of this by making themselves out to be the victim.

And many people see this as both parties being guilty, which I see happening in Gabby's case.

IMO
MOO

That's...not a crime in and of itself.

It's possibly indicative of an overall abusive dynamic, but "preventing a text" isn't a crime. Mean or an inappropriate exercise of control, but not a crime.
You are so wrong.
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/rpt/2002-R-0891.htm
Many of these laws are in response to domestic violence and hopefully more like this one will be passed:
It's Now a Crime for Someone to Prevent You From Calling 911 - BossierNow
"The law, Louisiana Revised Statute 14:338, provides that the crime is committed when a person disconnects, damages, disables, removes, or uses physical force or intimidation to block access to any telephone or telecommunications device with the specific intent to interfere or prevent an individual from doing any of the following:

1. Calling 911.
  2. Obtaining medical assistance.
  3. Making a report to any law enforcement officer."

I think using present-tense language ("I don't have a phone") to describe a past event (in which he didn't have his phone) is a legitimate source of confusion.

Overall, in this as in all of these crowd & media-analyzed situations, much is made of soneobe's imprecise or vague or devatabke language. In reality, few people speak with total precision *ever*. A confusing tense inconsistency, a sloppy word choice - we do it all day, everyday. Most of the time we understand one another. In depositions and testimony, lawyers keep hammering at questions until some meaning is made clear. But press comments, or casual or emotionally heightened oral statements, etc., can't really be picked over so closely.

That said, one of the reasons I think and have said that SB has done a relatively poor job is that he simply says too much, too heatedly, and he does not have his lawyer hat on straight. In my observation, he isn't a disciplined self-editor, and in the moment he doesn't keep his analytical distance or remember his role & goal. So his sloppiness and inability to separate his thoughts from his mouth have caused confusion and consternation (to his clients public and (imo) legal status) even beyond the over-analysus in the peanut gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver