Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that they probably assumed they were being pulled over for his speeding. They probably had no idea a third party called 911 for a DV situation, so they wouldn't have had to time to coordinate their stories. Each were interviewed separately... IMO.
Thank you. So there was mutual aggression. But it does sound as if BL was escalating more than Gabby (he does take her phone - which then limited her options as to what to do next).

Well, it obviously happened quickly. I show completely non-dramatic films to my students, and they summarize the action, and their accounts do not always jive.

The part about him attempting to drive off without her seems clear - and it certainly seems he may have had her phone at that moment.

What interests me in hindsight is whether they had already put her hard drive and/or other vlog-making implements back into the van. I am now assuming that BL's phone may only have worked on wireless...
It is the phone that gets me. Every time. If B had the phone, how could G hit him with it? I have used 'caught' before, because I think 'hit' gives the impression that it was intentional, but I don't think it was.

I wonder if they could have gone there in the middle of the night (unlikely) or if they saw him and knew where he was camped when they picked up the Mustang. imo
"Somehow" they knew exactly where to go find his things 2 days ago. Depending on what is disclosed about TOD, or DoD, I will believe they saw him several times over the month, or were able to communicate with him electronically or via other people. There is no other way to explain the grief they felt 2 days ago vs the nonchalance they appeared to exhibit previous month. Something happened in the last couple of days to inform them he was deceased, before his things and his body part(s) were "discovered". IMO

It's really too bad Gabby didn't tell LE all of that - but clearly, she didn't want BL in jail (and she might have been in jail herself, given the marks on his body). They both wanted to avoid jail, which is understandable.
She might have feared a reaction from BL if she told the truth also. There's no certainty that the cops will do something if you admit abuse. BL was also very interested in what she was saying to the cops in the video.

He could have been grieving an alleged breakup with his girlfriend or the fact that she was missing.

I don't know who came up with the term "grieving" to describe him that day -- Brian himself? His parents? The attorney? But it's the kind of term people use when someone dies. Had the term been distraught or beside himself (etc etc etc) I'd be open to it as a reference to a break-up or a missing person vs. responding to the death of his fiancee.

When I became a widow, I reevaluated a lot and I see that grief is very personal and people grieve many things. The loss of a marriage, the death of a loved one, the break up. I think a young person who has not experienced much loss could most certainly be "grieving" deeply even. Just my opinion. So I feel the parents, could have thought that was why he was distraught... and maybe he had threatened to hurt himself before and just cooled off hiking for a few hours.

The point is what did the attorney himself mean when he used the word grieving?

He used it for Brian leaving the house and he used it for the parent's learning of their son's remains being found:

"which any parent grieving the loss of a child should not have to deal with"

I believe he used the word grieving in reference to Brian because Brian told his parents he got into a fight with and "accidentally" strangled and killed Gabby.

I believe the attorney meant that Brian was grieving over Gabby's death when he left the house all upset. This is why the parents avoided the media, they knew the truth.

I do not think the lawyer meant to convey this at all.

There's a chance that they spotted it from the trail and he went to check it out while she just waited on the trail. imo no one planted anything.
The NPPD has stated that no one planted anything.

A Florida police official said rumors the Brian Laundrie's parents planted evidence are 'completely untrue'
A Florida police official said rumors the Brian Laundrie's parents planted evidence are 'completely untrue'
When asked for a comment in response, North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor denied the rumors.

"Completely untrue," Taylor told Insider Thursday. "We walked into the park with them."

BBM
ETA - The reporter who filmed the Ls finding Brian's things said that CL left the trail 8-10 times before finding the evidence.
https://twitter.com/staticlogic/status/1451363844694155267

jmho

"Somehow" they knew exactly where to go find his things 2 days ago. Depending on what is disclosed about TOD, or DoD, I will believe they saw him several times over the month, or were able to communicate with him electronically or via other people. There is no other way to explain the grief they felt 2 days ago vs the nonchalance they appeared to exhibit previous month. Something happened in the last couple of days to inform them he was deceased, before his things and his body part(s) were "discovered". IMO
I'm leaning toward this till we hear different, too!

It is the phone that gets me. Every time. If B had the phone, how could G hit him with it? I have used 'caught' before, because I think 'hit' gives the impression that it was intentional, but I don't think it was.

Caveat - I took much of his explanation with a pinch of salt & appreciate why she would also lie to cover for him but on your main point my interp of what he's trying to explain is:
B took G's phone off G because he's saying that she hit him with it.

I don't think that is true but because we can't see the hi-def photos of the injuries, just grainy bodycam video I had trouble considering which injuries could be phone-related and which couldn't.
imo it was a lie. he had taken her phone but not for the reasons he gave. Imo this is why he jumped in with keys & rings in the sequence

Last edited:
Not to rehash the Moab stop, but the confusion over Brians cell phone is easily resolved.Brian was relating to the officer his worries in that moment. That moment being their fight on the sidewalk that was reported.
He was afraid Gabby would take off leaving him no transpo or phone, it being in the van. He was not trying to say he didn't have a phone at all. Or now in the present.

It seemed clear to me from the Moab video, not sure why so many were confused that he was speaking in the past tense.

The NPPD has stated that no one planted anything.

When asked for a comment in response, North Port Police spokesperson Josh Taylor denied the rumors.

"Completely untrue," Taylor told Insider Thursday. "
We walked into the park with them."

BBM
ETA - The reporter who filmed the Ls finding Brian's things said that CL left the trail 8-10 times before finding the evidence.
https://twitter.com/staticlogic/status/1451363844694155267

jmho

at least we've cleared up that LE in attendance weren't FBI.
can see why the former FBI assistant chief was so shocked about the poor protocols from LE

I'm leaning toward this till we hear different, too!
It could very well be that they knew he wasn't even still in there, until they realized a couple of days ago that he was back in there, so they went to where the father had found him that time he searched on the "14th turned 13th". He may have talked BL out of staying there, even may have given him a ride somewhere else, leaving the mustang parked as a red herring. But he claimed he couldn't find BL. Which I obviously don't believe. But somehow that same day they went on the excursion they learned he was still there, or back in there. Otherwise, why schedule an emergency "search" for 7 am the very next day? IMO

Not to rehash the Moab stop, but the confusion over Brians cell phone is easily resolved.Brian was relating to the officer his worries in that moment.
He was afraid Gabby would take off leaving him no transpo or phone, it being in the van. He was not trying to say he didn't have a phone at all. Or now in the present.

It seemed clear to me from the Moab video, not sure why so many were confused that he was speaking in the past tense.

I've never been confused about what he was saying/claiming tbh.
I did find the other comments relating to his own phone & the charging of it notable

I acknowledge that, but I just wanted a little bit of clarity around some posts I had seen.
It's most likely a clarity you're not going to find. :)
Fact is the original person who called the police stated a male was attacking a female. Whatever he saw was more than a spat or a simple push or shove.
A second witness who was called after the police pulled over Gabby and Brian said they saw her trying to get into the van and climb over Brian (I assume he was in the driver's seat).
When pulled over Gabby said she hit Brian's arm when she saw police and that Brian had grabbed her face and scratched her.
Brian said he shoved Gabby and she scratched him and hit him with her phone.
The clarity is hard to find because the original witness statement isn't supported by either Brian or Gabby. However, you have to understand that in the US if Brian or Gabby had stated that Brian was the aggressor, or even if he had hit her, it would have set off a chain of events. In the US if you are assaulted by your domestic partner, the state takes over and they become the prosecuting party. That's done so that the person being abused isn't interfered with by the abusive party, i.e. "I love him" and charges are dropped. Also domestic violence charges can affect employability. So it's not unusual for a person who is a victim of domestic violence to not report it. They aren't afraid of the abuser, they're afraid FOR the abuser. Hard when you love someone to seemingly ruin their life.
So that's why when you look at this situation it's hard to have clarity. Gabby and Brian had more reason to lie than the initial caller who made the call to the police. However we also know that witnesses can misunderstand what they're seeing or not have the full story.

I agree with you...in terms of both his behaviour & the timeline, it seems very much the case that going to the swamp to die was a reaction to being investigated, as opposed to feeling any remorse. JMO
EXACTLY the way I see it. He was "grieving" after he knew that his life from there on out was not worth living. Not remorseful, just didn't want to live a life in prison. If he had any remorse, he wouldn't have tried to hide his whereabouts so his family would continue to search for him, maybe forever. Should have shot himself in the back yard and be done with it. They would grieve his loss, but be relieved that they knew what happened. It was a cruel thing to do to them, to drag it out like he did. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela