Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just chiming in & getting caught up...

My dream was right! Several threads back I posted about a dream I had where BL was in the swamp. Snakes, insects, it was really disturbing.

Anyway, that's all I've got to contribute for now!

Nice spot of victim blaming, SB:

"“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"

Gabby didn’t homicide herself.

Nice spot of victim blaming, SB:

"“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"

Also this, IMO, would appear to be the problem:

"Bertolino said that Chris Laundrie felt helpless when Brian left their home for the last time, saying Brian appeared “very upset” but that he couldn’t prevent him from leaving."

Wouldn't this be where a Baker Act/hold, etc. would come in? Or, IDK, forcibly stop him?

More of the effects of this hand-wringing permissive parenting, IMO; where parents try to weak-assedly reason with their misbehaving darlings, instead of telling them what to do.
He could have told him fine leave, you are not taking my car though.
No way would my dad have allowed that. What if BL took the car and got in a head on collision with another person or family?
Nope.
MOO

He could have told him fine leave, you are not taking my car though.
No way would my dad have allowed that. What if BL took the car and got in a head on collision with another person or family?
Nope.
MOO
Agreed.
Again if the parents had turned him in along with providing legal counsel -- Brian might be alive today.
Possibly in prison, but some trials don't turn out as expected due to lack to being able to tie enough evidence to the crime.
He was only charged with theft at that time.
This sounds obvious, but the L.'s could have hidden the keys and made him walk --then called for help via the Baker Act as another member posted in the previous thread ?
Imo.

Part of the reason for this forum is to ask questions and to theorize and speculate about criminal cases.
And to come up with tips that may solve and answer questions that haven't been answered yet about a particular crime.

Cannot speak for the msm articles or social media <modsnip>.

We ask questions and speculate because that's the purpose of WS.
1,000's of scenarios does not equal animosity nor hate.
There has been much more compassion shown towards BL and his family here in this thread than any I've seen elsewhere in msm comments.

As far as healing, I can't speak for the Petito and Schmidt families, but I suspect that they may never fully heal.
Murder is not something most can understand.
Gabby was indeed sensitive and gentle and imo possibly too naive to see the extreme danger she was in.

Sadly, unless the L. parents or lawyer reach out to Gabby's family, there may never be closure.
Gabby's family also deserve to know what LE and the fbi know.
We do not.

But if the Petito's or Schmidt's make a public statement saying the Laundries have reached out to them and explained everything that happened and that they're satisfied with the answers; that will bring this case to an end.
The reason this hasn't happened ... may be that someone(s) could be charged if they've not been truthful to the fbi or to the local NNPD.
So we wait.
Imo.

I agree! If the L's had any information that could have assisted LE in finding BL sooner or finding him alive and they chose not to disclose it, they should have to face the consequences of their actions. The same could be said of any information they might have had regarding GP's homicide. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
For your morning coffee, Juris:

“Conversations were had several weeks ago with the FBI with respect to certain charges,” he [SB] said. “When questioned and when communications were had between myself and the FBI, I think it was realized that charges were not appropriate.”

Two things:
- Sounds as though he's suggesting the FBI questioned them
- I note that this explanation does not preclude the possibility of some kind of immunity deal. It almost suggests one to me. JMO

All of his interviews seem to contradic prior ones. Not a fan.

The second point very possibly played a part, but to your first point, BL wasn't a fugitive on Sept 11 & 12, so he wouldn't be advised to turn himself in. He hadn't been charged with anything at that point.
It's true he wasn't a fugitive, but that isn't factored into what I meant in pt1, sorry I wasn't clearer. If he killed Gabby (which I do believe), he may have simply confessed to his parents &/or lawyer, at any time between Aug 29 & Sept 13. A lawyer could very easily say, turn yourself in now before you have no options. JMO

I agree! If the L's had any information that could have assisted LE in finding BL sooner or finding him alive and they chose not to disclose it, they should have to face the consequences of their actions. The same could be said of any information they might have had regarding GP's homicide. IMO.
It puzzles me how they appeared to have no civic responsibility , in letting Brian out on the streets yet again, , I mean, Brian knows he's a killer, they know he has somehow made Gabby disappear, what if he crashed into some other young woman walking her little Jack Russell, who 'annoyed' him ??

On what basis was Brian deemed safe enough , ( they say he was either grieving, distraught, upset, couldn't be stopped by them, etc ) then you ring the police and get them to stop him, , you don't want a repeat of Wyoming, surely?

Agreed.
Again if the parents had turned him in along with providing legal counsel -- Brian might be alive today.
Possibly in prison, but some trials don't turn out as expected due to lack to being able to tie enough evidence to the crime.
He was only charged with theft at that time.
This sounds obvious, but the L.'s could have hidden the keys and made him walk --then called for help via the Baker Act as another member posted in the previous thread ?
Imo.
I don't think it's right to blame Brian's parents for his death. Playing "what if" or 20/20 hindsight gets you nowhere. I won't list them, but there are plenty of things that could have been done differently by many people to avoid this tragedy. Ultimately, the only person to blame for Brian's actions is Brian himself.

All of his interviews seem to contradic prior ones. Not a fan.
I'm trying to wrap my head around how many contradictions there are...how could he not see how inconsistent he's being? But then, we're following every element of this case. I have no way of visualizing how he'd be viewed by a casual viewer, someone who's not invested in the case & just catches 1 interview or so. Those people wouldn't be aware of his prior statements, & would maybe just take what he says at face value. At the same time, that just doesn't explain constantly changing what he's saying, sometimes in the same answer to a single question. It's a true mystery to me.

Wow. While I think this whole case is horrible, to not hold a funeral for your son? I had thought the parents were cold, but this is ice.

I would like to know what remains were found and if the teeth were found if they were attached to part of the skull. I am having a hard time believing all of these coinsidences, nor do I think I am alone in this. Just wow.

Wow. While I think this whole case is horrible, to not hold a funeral for your son? I had thought the parents were cold, but this is ice.

I would like to know what remains were found and if the teeth were found if they were attached to part of the skull. I am having a hard time believing all of these coincidences, nor do I think I am alone in this. Just wow.

Also another weirdness to this for me is how Dog backed out of his "investigation".
He injured his ankle?
His daughter supposedly took over?
Am I missing something?

Just my opinion that seemed odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics