Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else kind of skeptical, given the person who found the water bottle? It is someone who has inserted himself into this case before now, if I understand correctly?
Yes and yes. MOO

ETA: Hypothetically speaking, if I have to choose who to believe between a known fraudster and a police spokesman who may or may not have misspoke, I'm going with LE.

Is anyone else kind of skeptical, given the person who found the water bottle? It is someone who has inserted himself into this case before now, if I understand correctly?

of course
but these people have found a range of items, some of which can be conclusively proven/disproven* as belonging to BL.
The persons involved may be untrustworthy but are they also so dim that they wouldn't know that *?

incoming soon - the Former Assistant Chief of the FBI is being booked again to make a withering criticism, as he did on TV last week

incoming tomorrow - The FBI is reaching out to the woman who also found other remains?

Totally but if those other pieces are lab processed & found to be his, what then?
Oh, the new "discoveries" aren't needed, I haven't been following the thread today to opine whether or not it's all true. Just the fact that his stuff was found and at least some of his skull/teeth were there....that's all. I don't even blame people for jumping on opportunities, in Bolivia they still have tourism centered on where Butch and Sundance died in San Vincente. Heck, I'd even go on a "murderer" swamp tour if they had a naturalist to explain the vegetation & birds! IMO

This scenario reminds me of Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook shooter.
His father and brother never claimed his body. :eek:
IIRC, his body was secretly cremated and the remains were hidden by a family friend.
There was no funeral.

I've seen other posts about families not having funerals and don't find it at all unusual. My mom (87) wanted to be cremated and did not want a funeral. Her only request was to have a priest say some prayers, and that was done in the hospital before she was taken off life support. We had one hour of private visitation for family. Same for my youngest sister who passed from multiple myeloma at 57. Families should do what is in their best interest. JMO

Last edited:
As people who should have common sense, I’m sure the Laundries had begun to put two and two together. All they should have known at that point, September 1-11, was that BL returned home from his trip without his fiancé in her van and that she was missing.
The fraud indictment came at a later date, so that probably wasn’t of knowledge to the Laundries when they retained their attorney. Unless BL came completely clean to his parents upon his return to Florida…
Which is why it’s highly probable that the Laundries knew their son was guilty of some sort of crime before GP was even reported missing. Why else retain an attorney right off the bat? Why else start speaking to an attorney the day BL returned home without GP?
According to SB he was retained w respect to this case on Sept 11. When they talked to him and how often they did before that date is anyone's guess. He said he was retained after LE was involved which was 11th of Sept (was there police activity at the house on 10th, I don't recall.) But Gabby was declared missing on the 11th and van was impounded on 11th at around 11:30 pm. He may have, as a friend, told them that they shouldn't respond to G"s family calls, but the calls started (from what we have been told) on the 10th. They may have been following friendly advice by not responding to the calls but it was not legal advice until he was retained at which point the calls ceased. jmo

Oh, the new "discoveries" aren't needed. Just the fact that his stuff was found and at least some of his skull/teeth were there....that's all. I don't even blame people for jumping on opportunities, in Bolivia they still have tourism centered on where Butch and Sundance died in San Vincente. Heck, I'd even go on a "murderer" swamp tour if they had a naturalist to explain the vegetation & birds! IMO

recall the Rose D tiktok & the condo which later The Sun scraped & took the wrong condo?
Then the very next morning the infamous person went to the condo, knocked on the door, interviewed the tenant & proved that The Sun's images were incorrect?

These people may be amoral but they're also fleet of foot so I'm going to wait & see what happens with the various 'items'

of course
but these people have found a range of items, some of which can be conclusively proven/disproven* as belonging to BL.
The persons involved may be untrustworthy but are they also so dim that they wouldn't know that *?
I have no idea, people do a lot of strange & fleeting things for clout! Not sure if you saw, but someone made up a fake suicide note & got a couple of days of internet fame for that, fully knowing it would be revealed as a hoax in short order.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

#GabbyPetito family attorney Stafford on the bottle: "We have a picture that's from before she left for her trip. It looks like the bottle. I don't know why it would be left there. It boggles my mind."

Or they probably just don't care if it's disproved at a later date. All about the clicks and discussion in the moment.

Ofc
Time will tell
I approach stuff as - just cause I can't trust a person 100%, doesn't mean I think 100% of what they do must always be untrustworthy.

Even the most hands-off parent is going to wonder "What is to be the disposition of all of Gabby's things? Someone needs to start returning her belongings and if it's not going to be him, I guess I'm going to have to call her or her parents to make the arrangements myself." Even if all the Laundries want is just to get Gabby's things out of their house, somebody is going to have to either make or take a call. Otherwise, the Laundries have to toss or ignore Gabby's possessions.
Most obviously, her van that was sitting in the driveway reminding them every day.... jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member