Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to watch multiple interviews again but I am positive that NS said that she did not speak to Gabby that day, nor did the other 3 parents. I could be misremembering how she said it.

Apparently, GP was either told by LE or given permission by LE to call someone (I thought I remember reading the person was her mom).
I don't think there is any way in he%% she would have called a parent from the Moab stop.

I think that if the relationship had violent tendencies, it was kept a secret by GP. IMO if GP called anyone, it was her grandfather, S.
That would explain why S repeatedly tried to reach her afterwards. If she talked to him, I don't think she would have discussed what was happening in Moab. I think it would have been a just checking in, brief conversation. She could have cut the call short or S could have thought something did not sound right and so he repeatedly tried to call her back.
There's also a possibility that she wanted to appear as if she was on the phone so she dialed S's number and immediately hung up and then pretended to talk with someone, just in case the officers were watching her. In that case, S would have called her back because he missed her hang up call. Which could have caused him to worry about her. IMO.

Yes, he is wordy. But, that's the way I make sense of it because he basically says it was someone in the house that day, it wasn't R or CL or CaL and he lists everyone that was in the house for the two hours that day. Notice how he says that Cassie was not in the household at all [that day]. I'm pretty sure he just means "house." lol

[ 26:20 ] SB: Somewhere along the line, perhaps someone from the Laundrie family household, and it wasn’t Chris and Roberta, must have got the paperwork, called it in, got some kind of case number. Whatever they did, I don’t know. But, that’s how it played out.

AB: Was that Cassie? [26:43]

SB: Cassie was not in the household at all. It was Chris, Roberta…there was a representative…there was two representatives I believe from North Port PD, there was a representative from the FBI, and myself on Facetime. For two and a half hours, we gave the FBI all the information we had with respect to Brian.
Sorry, I'm not all the way up on this topic but what about Gabby's Dad?

But not for Gabby's emotional importance to go home to see her parents?? you think he had separated out such entwined thought projections to that degree?? That his parents would be ok with Gabby dead as long as he was home with them? whoa.. ...
Well he sure wasn't thinking of her emotional importance when he strangled her to death.

Of course he didn't want to see her parents
, couldn't even face them over the phone. Over time he couldn't face his own parents and took off into the woods to get away from them and everyone else, including his attorney and of course LE.

Last edited:
Without knowing if BL was shot or not and what caliber of firearm potentially used. May be a bit early to say it isn't related IMO
It's probably been underwater for a long, long time. What are the chances that a gun connected to this case would be found now? Not very likely.

ETA: It's extremely rare for a person fishing to "catch" a gun. Add the odds of doing that off De Soto. Add the odds of it being connected to this case. It's not connected. Trust me. :p

FWIW, sometimes people put their names or initials on water bottles- even metal ones- with paint or a sharpie marker and the marking might persist- not sure about in FL swamp water

[I see from the pictures (Water bottle 'matching Gabby's found near where Brian's remains were discovered') that this water bottle appeared to have an unusual design.] has anyone said how many were sold?

There are 168 REI stores in the US. Many cities have more than one REI store. IMO, this is a fairly common water bottle that anyone could buy.

So, SB has now said Gabby Petito was no angel. Wait, he said WHAT?

I'm trying not to pay attention to him but he's all over the place.

Yes I suppose lawyers have trashed their client's victims before.

And there have been other cases with unprofessional professionals.

And also cases that have had too much of the too bizarre.

But this case is so unusual, so unique, and so high profile, we're getting more information and details and in real time.

Unlike those countless other bizarre but quieter cases.

So yeah it make the mind reel a bit.

It's probably been underwater for a long, long time. What are the chances that a gun connected to this case would be found now? Not very likely.
Maybe if dad dons his waders. jmo

There are 168 REI stores in the US. Many cities have more than one REI store. IMO, this is a fairly common water bottle that anyone could buy.

yep. Or it could be something of hers that he wanted to keep. Or maybe they shared a water bottle (like a pitcher in a household) and he thought of it as his as much as hers. I just don't see why it matters. If it is hers then it more "proof" that the remains are probably BLs. Not that we need more if the backpack and his notebook and his skull isn't enough to do it. And we certainly don't need additional proof that he and Gabby are connected. And there isn't going to be a trial unless those bones aren't his or maybe he was killed in such a way that its called a homicide.

ETA: It's extremely rare for a person fishing to "catch" a gun. Add the odds of doing that off De Soto. Add the odds of it being connected to this case. It's not connected. Trust me. :p
Not much rust on it if it was underwater for long, long time as you say.

magnet fishing

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I didn't see that, but the skull itself is a source of DNA.

"Bone is one of the best sources of DNA from decomposed human remains. Even after the flesh is decomposed, DNA can often be obtained from demineralized bone.

Sources - DNA Forensics Problem Set - University of Arizona"

DNA Forensics Problem Set

Last edited by a moderator:
How on earth did law enforcement and search crews miss Brian Laundrie’s remains and belongings when they were searching in the same exact area on October 15, just 5 days after his parents located him. The water levels have receded SIGNIFICANTLY by then.

I also wonder what they meant by “training and searching”
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1449017291325247499?s=21

https://twitter.com/wflaallyson/status/1449023113354752000?s=21

https://twitter.com/wflaallyson/status/1449068941234606086?s=21

“The activity at the Carlton Reserve we have noticed is on the North Port side — same area where Chris Laundrie showed up last week to assist with the search.”
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1449023610618892290?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member