Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed no one in the media talked to any of Laundries friends from his past.. We don't have a very good character profile of him outside of an instagram that seemingly started while they dating, a pintrest maybe some other social media i have forgotten. What all facts can we round up for sure regarding the character of BL?

I have been following this story but not the threads and haven't commented before.

<modsnip - no link and time stamp>

At this point I feel like Mr. Taylor would be better off holding ONE zoom press conference giving reporters a chance to ask questions so it can all be done once. He is frustrated and the interview questions are repetitive. Unless there's something new to share with the public or tell us what to be looking for, save everyone's time and energy. Moo

Lastly,
I used to live 5 minutes from the L home.
I've brought this case up with a handful of people who live a couple of towns away but in the same county.. Only a couple are even aware of it, and until I spoke with them, neither would've' been able to ID BL ... No idea where this guy is and would imagine if he left home, he probably didn't stay super close but just wanted to weigh in that not everyone knows (I think in North Port itself most everyone does but not same for the county).

It’s unfortunate about Brian being missing, but as Gabby has been missing, and not by choice, I’m more concerned about her. I hope this doesn’t deter from that.
It won't. Florida law enforcement is looking for him, while authorities in the west, to include the FBI, are focusing on that aspect. I'm not concerned.

I'm honestly surprised that people actually thought he was still at the house this entire time. I figured he had dipped out rather than decided to stay held up in his parents house drawing the ire of protesters and attention of media. Guess my assumption was right after all.

Family of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito's fiancé, tell police they have not seen him since Tuesday - CNN
The family of Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of 22-year-old Gabby Petito -- who was reported missing by her family nearly a week ago -- told police in North Port, Florida, they haven't seen him since Tuesday, according to police spokesperson Josh Taylor.

"We've been trying all week to talk to his family, to talk to Brian, and now they've called us here on Friday, we've gone to the home, and they're saying now they have not seen their son," Taylor told CNN's Chris Cuomo on Friday night. "So we are working through those details as we speak. It is another twist in this story."

[...]

Separately, North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison wrote on Twitter on Friday night the conversation between the Laundrie family and police was complete. The chief also asked for calm, adding, "Please let us work through this and information will be forthcoming."

[...]

Cassie Laundrie said she had spoken with police, but Taylor, the police spokesperson, previously told CNN, "That was news to me," adding he can't confirm that she spoke with North Port police.

"She may have spoken to police, but I would not consider the family being entirely cooperative," Taylor said. ...

[...]

Frustrated with LE? I’m straight up frustrated with this case and anyone who has allowed this to happen, whoever they are.

This certainly puts a different light on ‘van life’ and on social media celebrity in general. What has happened here and how do we begin to understand?

To those who have become victims of this case I hope for real answers to come soon.

The police said - confidently - that they knew where BL is -

MOO

That’s what they said yesterday, I think. In this case, yesterday is like two months ago.

By the way, people used to say that flight could be used by LE as evidence of guilt. Any truth to that, as far as the legal system is concerned?

I hope he isn’t dangerous. He could’ve just killed his GF! Sometimes people in distress and on the run, especially after crimes / mental breaks, break into homes to have somewhere to hide and get involved in bad situations with homeowners. I don’t want anything like that to happen.

I also don’t want him to commit suicide.

And this case is getting so much publicity I also fear someone could harm him.

I think all attention should stay towards finding Gabby. Which, he is an important component of. But don’t let him control the narrative.

He has controlled this narrative. It is not normal. None of this is normal. He is a POI on the run. After his fiancé/girlfriend, who lived with him and who he traveled for months with and supposedly adored, vanished, and he offered no words or information or urgency to find her. He was involved in some way, likely a bad way. He may be scared, but running is a willful decision. He is making the wrong choices, and will continue to. He is protecting himself, and his parents are also protecting him instead of helping look for Gabby (though I feel sorry for them too, nasty situation all around). It’s not all about him. Keep your hearts focused on Gabby, and your minds focused on the case prior to his disappearance.

I feel terrible for her family dealing with this circus.

Last edited:
While these people aren't exactly the best at reporting people missing in a timely manner, at least they are getting better. We've gone from never, to 3 days.

Progress. Or something...

It's because it serves them. What did they do for the last 72 hours? Sit in the dark and stare at each other. They want/need help so they called for it.

Obviously, one would assume progress was made given information was probably revealed, but I'm not sending any "most improved" awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member