Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what we know:

SB told FBI on September 13 that BL never came home from his hike.

NPPD apparently was looking for SB to return from his hike, otherwise they would not have mistakenly believed that RL was BL.

On the day RL and CL went to get the Mustang (I believe September 15), whoever was watching the feed and saw RL and despite only 2 people leaving the house and only 2 people returning to the house, somehow assumed RL was BL. I guess they thought RL was still away from the house somehow.

So...I think the NPPD either must have known BL went hiking and had not returned and were actively watching for him OR they were just recording who came and went and recording that information and an NPPD employee erroneously put down BL and CL returned in 2 vehicles despite evidence that RL and CL were out of the house and 2 cars returned with only 2 people. It's really hard for me to understand how the NPPD didn't know about the warning they had placed on the Mustang at the park parking lot or how they had such a lapse in logic to think that RL was BL. But that seems to have been the case. IMO whoever was observing the comings and goings at the Laundrie house did a terrible job and probably should not be assigned an activity like that again. If the problem was the camera was so unclear, then they need to upgrade their equipment. Much, much better technology is available.

Could it be when FBI came into the picture they completely pushed out NPPD and they resented it to the point of watching not watching really camera video 24/7?

It's despicable if true, but it's a small town force and it could happen. I personally wouldn't put it past them because they must have been offended.

This became FBI when the van was towed away on the 11th. JMO

I have no idea! If they wind up being interviewed by Brian Entin, then I guess they got the green light!? jmo
I'm hopeful, but this could have been done remotely. The fact that he is headed there leads me believe the people he wants to interview aren't being open to an interview at this time.
Maybe they are if it's "off the record".
I imagine Merry Piglets may not welcome any more press coverage. They may fear it will affect their business negatively. With where things stand today in light of COVID and the exorbitant rising costs of virtually everything a restaurant has to purchase to stay afloat, can't say I'd blame them!
MOO

Tracking Brian? Then why did they just watch him leave in his Mustang and not follow him at a distance to determine what he was up to? They knew he was a POI and yet they allowed him to just drive off to who knows where without a tail! What if BL had Gabby somewhere else, not his parents house and was headed there? This complete failure in surveillance is just crazy.
Was he a.P O I at that time?

I would be very intrigued to hear what Piglets or coffee shop owner witnessed,or whether Brian did keep to his room at the Bowen motel the night of the 12th just cause it feels as if we'll never know & it will soon be 'case closed.'
That's just me, am nosey.
Huh? Bowen motel? Please tell me more. I had not heard anything about this, whatever it is.

I have no filter today. That’s why I probably believe if he did kill himself it was not out of grief. He had plenty of time to do that before he came back to Florida. In his twisted mind he first probably thought he was going to get away with murder and when that started closing in he knew exactly what would happen to him in prison and it would not have been pretty. <modsnip> If his parents were that worried about him they would have called LE immediately or followed him into the preserve when he left. It’s over. As long as they’re 100% certain it is him, it is over and time to let it rest. Get back onto Gabby and forget about the sniveling coward who left too many grieving by his own actions.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, was doubling checking source on this and found I was mistaken. What Bertolino actually said was that he saw JT say he knew exactly where Brian was and he phoned the Laundries to find out if they knew. They said no. Bertolino thought perhaps Brian had been picked up by LE. But they did not reach out to LE at this time. However, it should be noted, at this point, as far as the Laundries and their lawyer knew, LE knew exactly where Brian was because NPPD just said so!

Source is the Banfield interview starting at 24:37. Here:

It was Chief Garrison that answered the question, not Josh.

We know Brian's Mustang was ticketed by LE and picked up by his parents. Was his body found near the parking location or had he hiked a long distance? In flat areas like Florida, he could have walked a long distance in a few hours (I've hiked 13 miles myself over mountainous terrain). I'm just curious how far he'd gone from his car. It might give an idea of how long he was alive after he left the house. If he was found near the car, well, somebody blew that search.

When they were separated for the night after the Moab incident
Oh, I didn't realize that it was about Moab. I thought maybe there was a motel on his way back from Wyoming or in FL. Thanks!

Last edited:
Tracking Brian? Then why did they just watch him leave in his Mustang and not follow him at a distance to determine what he was up to? They knew he was a POI and yet they allowed him to just drive off to who knows where without a tail! What if BL had Gabby somewhere else, not his parents house and was headed there? This complete failure in surveillance is just crazy.
He wasn't named as a POI on the 13th - I show this from the timeline:
Sept 13 - Parents now say this is the date BL left to go hiking
Sept 14 - Reporter Brian Entin reports there is no mustang in the driveway
(Tuesday)
Note placed on Mustang at the preserve: The note had requested the car be removed, but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino told the New York Post.
However, video appears to show the car parked on the Laundrie’s driveway Wednesday, according to a Crimeonline report.
Footage from NewsNationNow reporter Brian Entin appeared to show the Mustang convertible back in the driveway on Wednesday night.
Sept 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm per reporter Brian Entin tweet
Sept 14 - BL purchases a cell phone at AT&T (noting, SB says the date was 9/4)
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sept 15- Mustang back at Laundries per live video report by Brian Entin
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)
Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday (9/14)
Parents admit driving the mustang back home after finding it at the preserve

---
If this is incorrect I would like to fix it- Thanks

Who if anyone is entitled to the reward now that BL has been found dead?

Is it possible it could be donated to the Gabby Petito Foundation?

I don't know but I doubt it. Individual donors are free to do whatever they wish with their own money, of course. But it's my understanding that conditions for dispersal of a fund of "reward money" are usually pretty strict-- sometimes as strict as requiring the wanted person to be "captured and convicted." I would doubt the reward money could be donated to any other "good cause" including GP's foundation unless every single donor agreed. And I kind of doubt that will happen. But that's JMO.

@WFLAJB

Laundrie Family Attorney Steve Bertolino offered this response to Josh Taylor of
@NorthPortPolice
. Taylor told
@WFLA
the #BrianLaundrie #RobertaLaundrie mix-up was a “direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on in this investigation.” http://bit.ly/3vK8a4d

@annette_tv

From
#BrianLaundrie's attorney, Mr. Bertolino: "Everyone makes mistakes. But Brian and Roberta are not “built” the same...This is a tragedy for two families and any mistakes made by anyone or any entity involved should be acknowledged and used to train or educate others..."
@SNNTV

This is the smartest thing this guys came out with, and for once it doesn't feel like he's lashing out. It's the pure and simple truth served straight up. NPPD have a lot to answer to I think.

Who if anyone is entitled to the reward now that BL has been found dead?

Is it possible it could be donated to the Gabby Petito Foundation?

maybe it will go to Chris Laundrie and he will create a Brian Laundrie Foundation. Wouldn't that be horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast