Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read that Entin is going to Utah? Why is that?

This was probably answered already because I'm reading Page 2 here, but he will be retracing Gabby and Brian's steps. I am hoping he will be able to get the hotel management in Utah, and the Merry Piglets and Co-op mgmt to speak to him now that BL has been found. BE is very good at eliciting information IMO. I think this is because he is very unassuming and comes across generally as an all-around good guy. Last night on Banfield he said he is hoping to have a report for News Nation by Thursday. Should be interesting. MOO

I was under the impression that some teeth were in his scull. I don't remember anywhere that the teeth were found alone. LE would not surely have had BL positively identified by a single tooth found independent of a partial scull.
I don't think scattered teeth would be referred to as human remains. You can live just fine without teeth. A skull, not so much. jmo

I have a question, and there may be a simple no answer to this:

SB claims that he told FBI on September 13 that BL never came home from his hike and that the FBI has confirmed this conversation. NPPD claims that they did not know they BL was a missing person until Friday, September 17 when the missing persons report was filed. NPPD have also claimed that the FBI was working with them "hand in hand" for lack of a better phrase.

Has it ever confirmed been whether or why the FBI never told NPPD that BL didn't come home from his hike?

IMOO, from his interview on Banfield posted here and probably in the media thread, it was because he mentioned it to them that very night "Oh he didn't come home "yet" Would you wanna come home with all that press..." To me this seemed like a set up to cover himself. They did not report him missing until Friday. They made this cursory mention on the very night he went on the hike to raise as few alarm bells as possible. If he actually "mentioned" this Tuesday or Wednesday, alarm bells would be ringing and red flags would be flying. This is JMO, not fact.

Actually the Laundries did release a statement saying that the news of her death was "heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family.”

Why didn't the Petito family get to grieve in peace? I don't recall protesters or the media camped out at their house.

Quite a statement that one.

As for grieving in peace… nothing peaceful about grieving your murdered daughter, knowing that the family she spent months of her life with isn’t saying anything, the man that was supposed to protect her is missing, their lawyer is throwing insults around and everyone is just making random assumptions about Gabby (her being pregnant being one of them). That’s a lot to take in on top of accepting the fact that she is gone.

—-

Also want to say that I don’t necessarily agree with the protestors but at the same time I can understand them. What I don’t understand is people thinking everyone will just stop talking about all of this or stop trying to get answers just because Brian was found.

<modsnip> we know that a partial skull was recovered. Presumably some teeth were intact in the skull fragment. Dental X-Rays record the position and shape of the teeth in relation to each other. The structure of the bones around the teeth. Even the roots are distinctive. And of course, any fillings or other work done.

It is unlikely a positive odontological ID would be done with just random scattered teeth.

They can, however, extract DNA from teeth and teeth fragments. So, as was posted upthread, this is a secondary way that an ID can also be confirmed. Since we know that the latter hasn't been done yet, we can assume (occam's razor) that the former technique was used instead.

Since it's possible no bone marrow was recoverable, it might be difficult to get a DNA match via the skull itself.

The FBI has confirmed Brian as deceased through his remains. They are confident enough to issue a statement to that effect. That should be the end of it. JMO, but I think that continuing speculation of a criminal conspiracy with the parents planting corpses or corpse body parts to fool LE and 'pretend' BL is deceased does this case a massive disservice. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
On the topic of dental records and the speculation that there were perhaps only loose teeth found, as opposed to teeth that were intact in bone (i.e., mandible, upper jaw), does anyone know if a forensic odontologist can identify a person when only loose teeth are found?

(I'm not saying that in BL's case only loose teeth were found; it seems more likely that a mandible, at least, was found with intact teeth.)

If BL parents started to talk to SB about something possibly legally sensitive before he was officially retained, I would think SB would have interrupted them and said “don’t talk to me about that” or something similar.

I personally think it’s more likely they found out about Gabby’s death and realized their son had been lying to them on the 11th, prompting them to retain him on that date.

IMO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
This is what I don't understand. If LE couldn't ask (require the Laundries to answer) these questions while Brian was alive ~ then under what authority or circumstances could they require them to answer now that he's deceased? :confused:

I'm not sure, but I think that at least one surveillance camera had already been set up, either late late late Saturday night ( around the same time as they were hauling the van away on the 11th) and after Laundries had already refused to speak and handed them SB's card) or early on the 12th, Sunday. If so, and the camera was working, they would have seen the Mustang leave early Monday am. JMO

Didn't we see it leave Monday? Isn't there video on the media thread showing it gone that we all discussed whether it was a 6 am or 6 pm thing? MOO

<modsnip> we know that a partial skull was recovered. Presumably some teeth were intact in the skull fragment. Dental X-Rays record the position and shape of the teeth in relation to each other. The structure of the bones around the teeth. Even the roots are distinctive. And of course, any fillings or other work done.

It is unlikely a positive odontological ID would be done with just random scattered teeth.

They can, however, extract DNA from teeth and teeth fragments. So, as was posted upthread, this is a secondary way that an ID can also be confirmed. Since we know that the latter hasn't been done yet, we can assume (occam's razor) that the former technique was used instead.

Since it's possible no bone marrow was recoverable, it might be difficult to get a DNA match via the skull itself.

The FBI has confirmed Brian as deceased through his remains. They are confident enough to issue a statement to that effect. That should be the end of it. JMO, but I think that continuing speculation of a criminal conspiracy with the parents planting corpses or corpse body parts to fool LE and 'pretend' BL is deceased does this case a massive disservice. MOO

LE were also confident that they had BL under surveillance until he disappeared right under their noses. There's been a lot of questionable practices in this case. I'm curious at to what was tested and determined to be BL's remains. I doubt that is ever released but I remain interested in what is was. <modsnip> IMO.

There's a lot of talk about teeth being found but I don't recall LE ever saying they found teeth.
Didn't they say they had a partial skull and some bones?
The ID was made through dental records but are teeth even necessary for that?
Wouldn't dental records show the the pattern of how the teeth fit into the jaw?
Wouldn't dental records show features of the jaw itself that would match up BL's?

I am not a dental professional and am just musing.
Sorry if we know for certain that LE have actual teeth and I missed it.
JMHO

JB's live is over, and to me the revelation that a surveillance camera was installed on 9/11 is a bombshell. Assuming what we've been told is true and BL didn't leave until the 13th...He could have been followed, could have been kept alive. But that didn't happen. Seems like every time new information comes out, it makes the whole situation even sadder with what could have been.

Also I thought it was interesting that Mahsa commented * that she feels that most other LE forces would have followed the Mustang ( Bearing in mind that Banfield, yesterday was getting energised by the same point, as she felt that the excuses as to why they were not physically following him were baloney)

* c 25mins into the show here

Last edited:
According to SB, he was officially retained on 9/11 for this matter. He did not say whether he spoke with the L's as a legal advisor between 1-10th. He just said that he spoke to them. If SB was smart, he would have said he spoke to them as a legal advisor.

ETA: He will probably argue that he did speak to them as a legal advisor since he has been their attorney for other matters in the past.

Yeah, including representing Brian when Brian was an infant, lol. And, then getting caught by Marni Hughes and having to admit that he actually did not know Brian, but rather only knew of him as the child of a client. MOO. He has not been careful, IMO. These inconsistencies may come back to bite him. MOO

There's a lot of talk about teeth being found but I don't recall LE ever saying they found teeth.
Didn't they say they had a partial skull and some bones?
The ID was made through dental records but are teeth even necessary for that?
Wouldn't dental records show the the pattern of how the teeth fit into the jaw?
Wouldn't dental records show features of the jaw itself that would match up BL's?

I am not a dental professional and am just musing.
Sorry if we know for certain that LE have actual teeth and I missed it.
JMHO

On WFLANow tonight Mahsa S said that Scott Morgan had said a mandible was found. ( She had interviewed Scott Morgan just recently)

The one witness that spoke out claimed, the first thing she noticed was Gabby getting up crying. She thought they were kicked out.

If this was the ongoing argument, it showed they were on very different paths. Brian looking at organic farms, Gabby pursuing an online influencer life. Very different lifestyles. And maybe it acuminated in the violence.

Something happened. I dont think Brian woke up one day and said: "I think I'll kill the love of my life today."

Something sparked it. I hope BE flying out there now uncovers some large gaps of time.

-What occurred originally when BL returned to Florida? I just don't see anyone sitting in their hotel the entire time.
-What happened at the cafe or restaurant to get them arguing with staff or whatnot. So far what one witness that didnt really see much leading up to whatever occurred even though only about 1-2 tables away?
The list goes on.....

Didn't we see it leave Monday? Isn't there video on the media thread showing it gone that we all discussed whether it was a 6 am or 6 pm thing? MOO
I don't think we saw it leave. It left on Monday morning and how early in the morning we don't know. I think the first time we ever saw it was on Wednesday, after it had been retrieved. We didn't see it come back, either. But the surveillance camera captured it both leaving and returning. I think?? jmo (you may bethinking about the truck that keyedin was checking out.) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC