Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip- quoted post removed>
Interesting. But that brings up a question. If it is determined that SB was only officially retained on Sep 11th, and acting only as a "friend" in the time period prior, can the court force him to testify against his friends? Now that I think about it, I suppose they could. They compel people to testify all the time.

But, if ChL and RL merely reported to SB what BL said to them, wouldn't that be hearsay?

Last edited by a moderator:
According to SB, he was officially retained on 9/11 for this matter. He did not say whether he spoke with the L's as a legal advisor between 1-10th. He just said that he spoke to them. If SB was smart, he would have said he spoke to them as a legal advisor.

ETA: He will probably argue that he did speak to them as a legal advisor since he has been their attorney for other matters in the past.
Thanks for this. Which interview did he state this? There have been so many ;):)

Whoa! Mahsa says she KNOWS that a surveillance camera was installed at a neighbor on September ELEVENTH. She spoke to the neighbor, she says she hasn't reported this before and only does so now because she knows the camera has been removed.

It's got to be so frustrating for Gabby's family. I'm sure there are things that will come out that will shock us all, but by the time LE decides to release information the public will have already settled their viewpoint on this situation. SB has already convinced people that Gabby was an equal partner in her murder, he's now pushing the narrative that Brian committed suicide in the heat of grief over someone they were only to eager to distance themselves from by referring to her as "Miss Petito", and Brian's suicide is the result of bad policing. And because Brian was never named, and will never be named, as anything more than a POI, all we can really blame him for is credit card fraud. So, the story goes, this poor boy, grieving the loss of the love of his life, committed suicide when harassed and chased by LE for credit card fraud.

BBM
Well, he tried, you mean. I don't think anyone rational will think ANYTHING Gabby may have done <modsnip> warranted her being strangled <modnsip>. Not one single thing I could imagine.

This, exactly. DH and I actually discussed this very thing last night as we watched Banfield. For Brian, the trip was about seeing the country, exploring National Parks, enjoying the outdoors, communing with nature, hiking, etc. Gabby was more interested with becoming an internet influencer about van life. It's easy to see the dynamics prior to the Moab stop. Brian was eager to get to a new campsite, get set up, and go hiking while Gabby allegedly spent six hours working on her blog in a coffee shop with free WiFi. They should have made specific plans for how long they would stay at the coffee shop - perhaps set a time limit of three hours - before heading for their next destination. GP and BL might very well set out on their fantastic journey with the best intentions and outcome for both of them, but their paths diverged along the way. JMO

And the incident at Merry Piglets was probably about using the wiki for hours. But, MP will not want to admit that if true. IMO

Were they asked to leave and that was the real reason Gabby got up crying? And later that evening it could have lead to the last argument. Brian said no more spending time in coffee houses, etc. No more internet influencer postings till the end of the trip? And it lead to a huge blowout?

Whoa! Mahsa says she KNOWS that a surveillance camera was installed at a neighbor on September ELEVENTH. She spoke to the neighbor, she says she hasn't reported this before and only does so now because she knows the camera has been removed.
I wondered if the neighbour charged LE to install it? :)

And the incident at Merry Piglets was probably about using the wiki for hours. But, MP will not want to admit that if true. IMO

Were they asked to leave and that was the real reason Gabby got up crying? And later that evening it could have lead to the last argument. Brian said no more spending time in coffee houses, etc. No more internet influencer postings till the end of the trip? And it lead to a huge blowout?
I've wondered myself if the MP incident was due to overuse of wifi and nothing to do with food, service or the bill. Overstaying their welcome, so to speak. jmo

Interesting. But that brings up a question. If it is determined that SB was only officially retained on Sep 11th, and acting only as a "friend" in the time period prior, can the court force him to testify against his friends? Now that I think about it, I suppose they could. They compel people to testify all the time.

But, if ChL and RL merely reported to SB what BL said to them, wouldn't that be hearsay?

<modsnip - no link>

As far as compelling SB to testify against his friends? In what? I don't see prosecutors bringing anything to court now that BL is deceased.

Could have been, but the restaurant was reportedly VERY busy, so I have to think that they couldn't have been there long. We don't know what the issue was or even if they ate. No one mentioned a waiting line, but maybe there was one, and the restaurant needed the seats. JMO

So then, is there footage of him leaving in the Mustang on Monday the 13th?

I've wondered myself if the MP incident was due to overuse of wifi and nothing to do with food, service or the bill. Overstaying their welcome, so to speak. jmo
According to this - MP does NOT have wifi - https://www.allbiz.com/business/the...18zNCUoO.YU-1635284219-0-gqNtZGzNApCjcnBszQhl

Does The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill have Wireless Internet (WiFi) service available?
No, The Merry Piglets Mexican Grill does not have WiFi available at this location.

JB on WFLANow is saying he's noticed that part 2 of Bertolino's statement has gone down well with many commenters on the platforms which he monitors.
He notes that is unusual for a SB statement

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 20.49.09.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 20.49.09.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 20.52.31.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 20.52.31.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 60
I think even small things could bring a reaction of anger from Brian. Regardless, nothing Gabby did would justify her death...
He also taunted her about not being able to finish her dream project of the blog. He belittled her and Gabby likely began to believe that the "love" she got from Brian was what she deserved. She may also have been embarrassed to go back to mom and dad after planning this road trip for such a long time and failing.
IMHO

I have indicated from the beginning that Brian was truly gaslighting her... whether he even realized it, I don't know.

But I just can't wrap my head around "her leaving him"... I just don't think she was actually that confident out there on this trip... I know her blogging was so important to her, but I have a hard time grasping her leaving him, and trying to go it alone.

I just feel she would have HAD to find some validation from SOMEBODY that she should, or that she could or might leave him.

This is why I seem to need to cling to the 27th being her death date, after Brian's behavior, and her need to apologize to the Piglet place.
Other analyses of later dates simply don't change my mind. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green