Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article says they aren't sure who removed his account. I wonder if Instagram can remove accounts or if someone (like maybe family) would have to log in to deactivate it? IMO.
IG could have, SB could request IG remove it with parents permission. Feds could. Any number of reasons it would be taken down IMO

I know that's the image they wanted to portray, but their van wasn't outfitted to live in and didn't have living quarters like a real outfitted van for van living. They were campers. They slept in a tent, apparently, (this is based on their SM photos and videos) and drove around in a van, which is camping. Their tent probably had more living space in it than the van. You can tell just by looking at pictures of it. And remember in the video where Gabby is holding up the tent sides when it's raining? That's not van life, that's camping in the cheapest way possible, in a tent.

Obviously they wanted people to think they were living the "van life" as they saw others on SM were doing it but they didn't seem to have the money to support that lifestyle and they didn't really have the right van for that either.

Much of their lives last summer turned out to be a facade for something else.

JMO
How do you know how much money they had? They could have had $10,000 socked away after stimulus checks for two people, him getting unemployment plus teh extra $600 a month for a year or more and her working full time. They could have been living frugally because they had their money budgeted out to last them a while.

I think they liked sleeping in a tent, many people do, but what makes you think they couldn't sleep in the van? its long enough inside and we have only seen a few images of the interior so we don't know if it has a bed mode. In the picture I am linking its possible the cushion on top of those bins is doubled over. From the top of the bin to the top of the cushion it sure looks like twice the depth of the cushion. And the doors have those flip up tables built in that could be used for the foot of a potential bed. Just unfold the cushion and you could have a full size bed.

But whether they had a bed inside the van or they slept in a tent, they were certainly traveling in a van and not living in houses or motels for at least 6 weeks, not counting whatever adventurers they got into on the way from Florida to NY. They were visiting national parks and who knows what else.

van-life-5.jpg

Last edited:
I know that's the image they wanted to portray, but their van wasn't outfitted to live in and didn't have living quarters like a real outfitted van for van living. They were campers. They slept in a tent, apparently, (this is based on their SM photos and videos) and drove around in a van, which is camping. Their tent probably had more living space in it than the van. You can tell just by looking at pictures of it. And remember in the video where Gabby is holding up the tent sides when it's raining? That's not van life, that's camping in the cheapest way possible, in a tent.

Obviously they wanted people to think they were living the "van life" as they saw others on SM were doing it but they didn't seem to have the money to support that lifestyle and they didn't really have the right van for that either.

Much of their lives last summer turned out to be a facade for something else.

JMO
Bolded By Me
Correct in my opinion, it was for a social media influencer lifestyle, well documented. The problem is that is not a thing that has an ability to keep up, see all the reports coming out on the pressures of plastic fantastic life styles. Sadly in this case in my opinion is was 2 people that did not have the same goals or maybe at the beginning did, but the pressures exposed that facade and ended in 2 deaths. Sad.

Without leaving any part of what you owed?

I mean, I usually have some idea what I ordered and am not afraid to go grab a menu from the hostess to calculate, estimate tax, add a couple of bucks - and then leave.

But dining and dashing is bound to get a person into trouble, sooner or later. It's illegal. Attempting to pay when the business is making it difficult is different - and these days, we can just take a photo. Or a video of our troubles.

Either way, considering the age of both G&B; and adding in what we know about Brian being a putative cheapskate, I'm betting with the folks who are thinking "under- or no-tipping", at minimum; if not a complete dine-and-dash.

IMO, this would explain/encompass all of why Nina didn't hear enough to be able to divine the topic of the argument (server trying to be quiet enough to not spread dissent among the other tables); server following them out to the car; Brian coming back in 4x; and the manager's unwillingness to provide details (doesn't want to get a rep as the establishment where waitstaff chase after you to tip better).

I've finally gotten through all the posts on this thread, and I have to agree with who it was who said that we really don't know Gabby or Brian at all.

All we really know of Gabby is what we've seen on her blog posts, where she would have undoubtedly presented her best self and Brian's best self.

Looks can be deceiving. Reality can be a lot more complicated.

JMO and I am NOT accusing anyone of anything.

How do you know how much money they had? They could have had $10,000 socked away after stimulus checks for two people, him getting unemployment plus teh extra $600 a month for a year or more and her working full time. They could have been living frugally because they had their money budgeted out to last them a while.

I think they liked sleeping in a tent, many people do, but what makes you think they couldn't sleep in the van? its long enough inside and we have only seen a few images of the interior so we don't know if it has a bed mode. In the picture I am linking its possible the cushion on top of those bins is doubled over. From the top of the bin to the top of the cushion it sure looks like twice the depth of the cushion. And the doors have those flip up tables built in that could be used for the foot of a potential bed. Just unfold the cushion and you could have a full size bed.

But whether they had a bed inside the van or they slept in a tent, they were certainly traveling in a van and not living in houses or motels for at least 6 weeks, not counting whatever adventurers they got into on the way from Florida to NY. They were visiting national parks and who knows what else.

van-life-5.jpg

BL told the cops they didn't have money for a hotel and he said, paraphrasing, "no we don't have much money". He told the cops that. That is why he got a free hotel room.

If they didn't even sleep in the van when it was raining (per Gabby's video of her holding the tent walls up during a storm) then there isn't much reason to think they ever slept in the van, especially since it didn't have what looked like a full size bed. Maybe the cushion folded out but we don't know that and I never saw it that way.

My understanding of "van life" is that it's a lifestyle and goes on longer than 3-4 months. They were planning on ending their trip, according to reports here on WS, and after that we have no idea, but they were not making a life out of van living, at least not this trip. It was for Instagram and Tik Tok. It was a story they wanted to monetize. They weren't making money off that yet either because Gabby had just barely started her website. I think this trip was their trial run but it had an end date so it wasn't really even van life, it was van trip.

Lot of people speculated they argued at one time or another about money and I think they did too. It might have been the source of their biggest arguments, like it is with a lot of couples. Then BL probably killed her, stole her money and her van and the trip ended so it never was successful "van life". It was a big disaster.

MOO

Last edited:
Perhaps it was BL's turn to pay and he didn't have any money. Though he could have told GP that he had his own money and she believed him. So he claimed to have paid and they ended up in the parking lot with the waitress running after them.
Further, after the waitress went back inside, he could have sworn up and down that he did pay before leaving and the waitress charged them twice. Then GP went back in for a refund for what she thought was one of two charges. IMO.
Agree, I think this is a likely scenario. I also think Brian may have dined and dashed before, but Gabby was either not aware or only half aware of something not right. But maybe later it dawned on her Brian might have been serially non paying. Maybe discovered Brian had wasted money or something or was simply withholding it. Maybe simple fact of questioning Brian’s honesty, when up to that point she had barely dared to criticise him for anything was enough to remove the veil on Brian’s vaguely monkish personality to reveal a frustrated, aggressive person underneath.

BL told the cops they didn't have money for a hotel and he said, paraphrasing, "no we don't have much money". He told the cops that. That is why he got a free hotel room.

If they didn't even sleep in the van when it was raining (per Gabby's video of her holding the tent walls up during a storm) then there isn't much reason to think they ever slept in the van, especially since it didn't have what looked like a full size bed. Maybe the cushion folded out but we don't know that and I never saw it that way.

My understanding of "van life" is that it's a lifestyle and goes on longer than 3-4 months. They were planning on ending their trip, according to reports here on WS, and after that we have no idea, but they were not making a life out of van living, at least not this trip. It was for Instagram and Tik Tok. It was a story they wanted to monetize. They weren't making money off that yet either because Gabby had just barely started her website. I think this trip was their trial run but it had an end date so it wasn't really even van life, it was van trip.

Lot of people speculated they argued at one time or another about money and I think they did too. It might have been the source of their biggest arguments, like it is with a lot of couples. Then BL stole her money and her van and the trip ended so it never was successful "van life". It was a big disaster.

MOO

BBM
I am curious to know what Gabby may have documented on her website since it is password protected and has never been publicly open.
We may never know this much less any more than we already know.

I am going to post this again!! It does not matter what the manager at Merry Piglets said, she told the FBI her story and told BE a different story.. that is her choice as she is not by law bound to tell us what actually happened at Mp's. Nothing add's up for us but she doesnt have to tell us what really happened. Only the FBI knows what she told them and we may never know. She most likely changed her story to avoid more questions and is protecting MP's and herself from more attention. I think this is important because we will not know what she told them. moo
Exactly!!

BBM
I am curious to know what Gabby may have documented on her website since it is password protected and has never been publicly open.
We may never know this much less any more than we already know.

I would bet the FBI got into the website and have read whatever is in there. I also wonder if she documented anything on her hard drive. She may have been keeping a digital journal during the trip to help with SM posting and material for the website.

I would bet the FBI got into the website and have read whatever is in there. I also wonder if she documented anything on her hard drive. She may have been keeping a digital journal during the trip to help with SM posting and material for the website.
Gabby probably had many pictures and video clips/videos on that hard drive. Something that confuses me is why would BL or anyone else leave Gabby's external hard drive in the van if they got rid of her phone, laptop, ipad and drone.

Just saw this:

Laundrie Likely Died 2 Days After Petito Reported Missing: Report
A North Port police spokesperson said their "misidentification" of Brian Laundrie's mother for her son didn't affect their investigation.

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
Posted Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 3:08 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 3:58 pm ET
Updated: 11:15 a.m. Friday

NORTH PORT, FL — Despite North Port police mistaking Brian Laundrie's mother for him while surveilling the family, allowing him to slip away from their Florida home Sept. 13, a spokesperson for the city said he doesn't believe this "misidentification" impacted their investigation.
"Other than confusion, it likely changed nothing. There is a very good possibility that Brian was already deceased," Josh Taylor told WFLA.

That means authorities believe Laundrie was already dead two days after his fiancée, Gabby Petito, was officially reported missing on Sept. 11.

----------------------
More here:
North Port Police Say Laundrie Likely Died 2 Days After Petito Reported Missing: Report

:confused:
Wow. BL "likely" died 2 days after Gabby was reported missing.
(rubs eyes with both fists)

Sept 13
-Sept 11
= 2
Lemme get this straight...
BL left home to go hiking on Sept 13.

So NPPD thinks BL died THE DAY he left home...
Have I got that right?

That, imo, is an extremely small window & makes me wonder what specifically makes them believe that.

Could this info be another damage control statement or do they know something very specific that they're dropping, as BE would say, nuggets about?

Cause that headline/statement could have easily been worded:

Northport Police say Laundry likely died the day he went missing.

I couldn't sleep so got up n I read this...
Its 2:46 am & this entire case tastes like word salad.

I'm goin bak to bed.

Something to think about for you all given the statement from the Merry Piglets manager and the tiktok witness Nina.

What one of those people has more to gain or lose with what they use as their official story? IMO Nina has basically nothing to lose or gain by her story.
The manager has a business, a job, life comfort to lose if the story negatively impacts the business.
Again, excellent points!

If they were GP's, BL wouldn't be able to explain why he had her boots in the van (if he claimed to have left her alive at the campsite) so he placed them next to her body. If she had not taken them off, they would still be on her feet. Someone had stated on a previous thread that she had a sweatshirt on when she was found, so it would make sense her homicide took place in the evening when it had cooled off. It would also make sense then that she had taken off her shoes too, perhaps to relax or go to sleep. IMO.
After seeing Brian Entin walking thru water on the News Nation special, I think wearing wet boots / shoes would be very uncomfortable.

Sept 13
-Sept 11
= 2

Have I got that right?

That, imo, is an extremely small window & makes me wonder what specifically makes them believe that.

Could this info be another damage control statement or do they know something very specific that they're dropping, as BE would say, nuggets about?

I'm goin bak to bed.
BBM
It could very well be damage control IMO.

It was a strange way to word that statement. MOO

Sept 13
-Sept 11
= 2

Have I got that right?

I'm goin bak to bed.

The same police department that mistook the Mom for Brian on Sept 15, so there's that.
Good night

Brian Laundrie mistaken for mom, not watched carefully, police admit

If they were GP's, BL wouldn't be able to explain why he had her boots in the van (if he claimed to have left her alive at the campsite) so he placed them next to her body. If she had not taken them off, they would still be on her feet. Someone had stated on a previous thread that she had a sweatshirt on when she was found, so it would make sense her homicide took place in the evening when it had cooled off. It would also make sense then that she had taken off her shoes too, perhaps to relax or go to sleep. IMO.

In nearly every image I've seen, GP is not wearing boots. BL could always have said that she was wearing flipflops. As they were outside the rear of the van when the Bethunes drove by, that wouldn't sound too unreasonable. If she had been wearing boots, and we know the temp. was dropping, why would she take them off and risk getting dirty feet before going into the tent? It doesn't make sense, but not much does with this case no matter what we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay