Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really interesting. I've wondered about many things but I never thought about that in pondering the mystery of the hitchhiking. He could have pocketed the keys without regard to Gabby since she was dead. Then at some point he realized it & knew that would make no sense for him to have gone hiking with the keys and leave Gabby without them for multiple days. Good thinking.
Sheesh! I hadn't even thought of that! I was wondering if he'd left something behind at Jackson, but that makes much more sense.

I bet the car insurance was waaayyy cheaper with a FL address than it would have been with a NY one. It would make sense to leave it as a FL vehicle during the trip. MOO

Makes sense but that's not true. At least it's not according to this article.
Car Insurance Rates by State for 2021 | Bankrate

Car insurance is more expensive in Florida than NY and the liability coverage is less per the minimum cost.

But without a NY address of some sort, the van couldn't have been registered and insured in NY. And we know it was still registered at the Laundries address. So I'm just not sure how the NPPD chief could be so sure the couple had moved to NY before their trip. Who told him that? (I know NS ended up saying GP was returning to NY but it's my understanding that's the only way she could file a missing person report.)
JMO

Makes sense but that's not true. At least it's not according to this article.
Car Insurance Rates by State for 2021 | Bankrate

Car insurance is more expensive in Florida than NY and the liability coverage is less per the minimum cost.

But without a NY address of some sort, the van couldn't have been registered and insured in NY. And we know it was still registered at the Laundries address. So I'm just not sure how the NPPD chief could be so sure the couple had moved to NY before their trip. Who told him that? (I know NS ended up saying GP was returning to NY but it's my understanding that's the only way she could file a missing person report.)
JMO
Wow that's surprising! I'm too lazy to fill in all the info they want for a quote so I didn't actually do a comparison!

I have kind of a dumb question, but was it ever confirmed like by her family that GP actually lived in that house with the Ls (the parents)? I reread a few of the first articles and they don't specifically say that she lived there, just that she had moved to Florida from NY. I just wonder if I missed it, or if maybe this was just an assumption that took off in the media.

I have kind of a dumb question, but was it ever confirmed like by her family that GP actually lived in that house with the Ls (the parents)? I reread a few of the first articles and they don't specifically say that she lived there, just that she had moved to Florida from NY. I just wonder if I missed it, or if maybe this was just an assumption that took off in the media.
No, her father said in the first press conference that she lived with his parents and that was one of the reasons he thought that their behavior was incomprehensible.

There can be circumstances where someone can leave without paying and it's not dine and dash.

What would those circumstances be?

It's an interesting concept to me that stealing can be excused (if they did that, and no one knows if that actually happened) but some posts in these threads have speculated that maybe they had a big blowout fight because Gabby was upset they were camping in an illegal spot.

IMO camping in an illegal spot (if there even were any illegal areas to camp there) is extremely minor, to the point of being not important at all. But leaving a store without paying gets people in real trouble and often ends up in court.

JMO

Whatever happened to the discovery that they lived in the parents rental condo after Cassie and hubs got their own home and the L's moved from NY to Wabasso in 2020? And that it wasn't a storage locker in a locker/unit business, but the storage locker at the condo they had lived in, which was sold by the parents in July? That G&B then, lived briefly with the L's after evacuating the condo and leaving their stuff in the locker there, and they left on their trip in June. Then B flew home to get their stuff out of the condo locker because the condo was sold, to move it to Wabasso. Has that all changed??? Where have I been? jmo

Last edited:
I'm not allowed to speculate on any matter but what is known. However, I will just offer the (most likely irrelevant) fact that very often a murder happens for the purpose of silencing someone who knows too much, or found out something that could not, under any circumstances, get out. Not saying that is the case here, but I am saying it's as good a possibility as any other speculation. Imoo.

Good points. We don't know what they may or may not have been "in to" (just speculating) that may have made either one of them "know too much". But it's a window into their thinking of they are leaving restaurants without paying and thinking that's OK. It indicates something about how they thought.

<modsnip> These were two people who were not used to paying for their mistakes. They both sounded to me like two people who had an expectation that serious ramifications for their actions didn't happen to them.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened to the discovery that they lived in the parents rental condo after Cassie and hubs got their own home and the L's moved from NY to Wabasso in 2020? And that it wasn't a storage locker in a locker/unit business, but the storage locker at the condo they had lived in, which was sold by the parents in July? That G&B then, lived briefly with the L's after evacuating the condo and leaving their stuff in the locker there, and they left on their trip in June. Then B flew home to get their stuff out of the condo locker because the condo was sold, to move it to Wabasso. Has that all changed??? Where have I been? jmo

I thought this is what was established, too. Maybe a lot of people missed it with all the changes.

I thought this is what was established, too. Maybe a lot of people missed it with all the changes.
So did I! The point being, that it's true that the last place G&B lived in FLA was on Wabasso with his parents, but it was only for a few months, until they left for the trip. They HAD lived on Wabasso for the first year that Gabby was in FLA but NOT with his parents. They Lived on Wabasso with his sister and her family. Parents moved to FLA in 2020. jmo
So, the 2 and a half years that ABC claimed they lived with his parents is bonkers....they lived w the parents for a few months. jmo

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

He may have said that. But to "change my address" when I've moved I have: rented an apartment, connected utilities, got a job (unless I moved because I already had a job in the new area), got a new driver's license if needed or changed my address on my old DL if still in the same state, registered to vote or changed my address on existing registration, and insured my car with new company if required, changed registration/bought new plates, etc.

So far as we know, neither GP nor BL did any of those things in NY. I think they were just visiting for GP's brother's high school graduation. They may not have intended to return to live with the Laundries but I don't think they were NY residents either.
JMO

You can get a P.O. Box and change your address. You can change your address to anywhere within the U.S.
at any time. You just put in a change of address form at the post office. I think you're talking about a legal or permanent change of address. Yes, I believe you have to notify the DMV within 30 days upon moving to another state. Perhaps the plan was to do that once they'd returned from their trip.

MOO.

<modsnip>

You can get a P.O. Box and change your address. You can change your address to anywhere within the U.S.
at any time. You just put in a change of address form at the post office. I think you're talking about a legal or permanent change of address. Yes, I believe you have to notify the DMV within 30 days upon moving to another state. Perhaps the plan was to do that once they'd returned from their trip.

MOO.

You are supposed to change your vehicle registration (in my state within the midwest), within 30 days. I work at a DMV and I can tell you people rarely do it within that amount of time and there is zero penalty for waiting. The problem someone could run into is if they want to open a new bank account or transfer an account to another state, most banks will only allow that if you are a resident of the state where you want the account. As long as the out of state driver's license and vehicle plates are current, a new resident of my state won't have an issue if they are pulled over. All states handle this differently in my experience.

But what about the condo that we have been told they lived in?
I think that is where they changed their address from, IMO address changed to BL parents address. LE did not say they changed their address to NY just that they moved there, IMO temporarily for the month they were there, then started their Van trip.

“What a lot of people don’t know, in June, Gabby and Brian moved out of their location and put a lot of stuff into storage and they changed their address and moved to New York and from there, they left for their cross-country adventure,” Garrison said.

Brain Laundrie update: North Port police chief talks about surveillance mistake

What about when GP told the Moab LE - "My licence says Florida but I'm from California? "

What would those circumstances be?

It's an interesting concept to me that stealing can be excused (if they did that, and no one knows if that actually happened) but some posts in these threads have speculated that maybe they had a big blowout fight because Gabby was upset they were camping in an illegal spot.

IMO camping in an illegal spot (if there even were any illegal areas to camp there) is extremely minor, to the point of being not important at all. But leaving a store without paying gets people in real trouble and often ends up in court.
JMO
What exactly is an illegal spot in a disbursed campground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1