Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so that doubles down on my question on why they would say they were walk-in customers. I would think must of their customers have to park elsewhere and walk to them. Unless they take a lot of reservations and thats what they meant. They didn't have reservations and were walk in business.

I worked in the restaurant and catering industry for years. Walk-in always meant without reservations.

MOO.

Snipped by me.
That's what I think they meant.

I hadn’t thought of that, great catch! IMO The walk in comment was very confusing, but that makes a lot of sense and I agree with you that’s probably what they meant.

BE really stirred the pot with his MP manager interview notes. Has he clarified any of it since the show ran Thursday (10/28)? (I see lots of questions to his tweet with the program link but no answers.)

I rewatched the TikTok video. If not for that, the MP piece of timeline would be missing, right? I don't recall hearing that the MP team went to FBI before the witness came forward on TikTok. (Maybe they did, not sure. BE's notes say the CCTV was destroyed. Does anyone know if that means not even the FBI got it? If TikTok witness coming forward on 9/22, that was 3 weeks past date of incident so probably not?) The MP team may not have made connections to the case or maybe they did.

The TikTok video rings true to me but reminds me of myself when I exaggerate a number or amount. She says Brian walked in and out of MP 4 times about 4 times. (I didn't actually count.) She clearly saw something.

But the manager may have a limited perspective. So was it that they didn't pay or they thought they did or miscommunicated/one thought the other paid... we just don't know everything.
I don't see why the manager has to tell BE anything and I don't consider his reporting all-encompassing of what happened.

It's like Rashomon.

Just my thoughts/ponderings.

Last edited:
My son just ate ate at Merry Piglets on the 21st of Oct. He was chatting with his waitress and she said there was a lot of stuff going on online about that day that was exaggerated.
I tend to believe the waitress.

eta. They were seated by a hostess, he and his girlfriend, they were not to crazy busy when they were there, Food not that expensive and very good.

so that doubles down on my question on why they would say they were walk-in customers. I would think must of their customers have to park elsewhere and walk to them. Unless they take a lot of reservations and thats what they meant. They didn't have reservations and were walk in business.

Walk in customers are those without reservations.

I'm not sure it's important, but what you quoted about their policy relates specifically to discounted meals. That is, if the meal is discounted for some reason (bought with a groupon, a diner's club, coupon, etc.) the restaurant factors in a tip as if you were buying the food at full price. That's really only fair because the waitstaff have nothing to do with promotions and it's just as much work for them if the food is discounted as it is if the customer is charged full price. It's just something the restaurant does because a lot of customers don't really think before calculating the tip based on the cost of the meal.

Yes, it's only for 2/1's and coupon meals.

If you call it dine and dash, then I have never done it. But if you call it, "hey, I'm ready to pay, where is everyone. Dang this is taking forever, I need our bill ... screw it lets go." then yes I have.

Without leaving any part of what you owed?

I mean, I usually have some idea what I ordered and am not afraid to go grab a menu from the hostess to calculate, estimate tax, add a couple of bucks - and then leave.

But dining and dashing is bound to get a person into trouble, sooner or later. It's illegal. Attempting to pay when the business is making it difficult is different - and these days, we can just take a photo. Or a video of our troubles.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wflajosh

Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh

·
Oct 28

I asked Steven Bertolino what he was here for on September 27th. His response: "If you must know, to meet the Laundries in Orlando (23rd) and then a wedding in West Palm. I haven't left NY since returning on 9/27."

Josh Benson
@WFLAJosh

·
Oct 28

ATTORNEY. Saw a few posts claiming Steven Bertolino was in Florida - even at the #Laundrie residence. I just asked him and his response was "No, not since September 27th"

BE really stirred the pot with his MP manager interview notes. Has he clarified any of it since the show ran Thursday (10/28)? (I see lots of questions to his tweet with the program link but no answers.)

I rewatched the TikTok video. If not for that, the MP piece of timeline would be missing, right? I don't recall hearing that the MP team went to FBI before the witness came forward on TikTok. (Maybe they did, not sure. BE's notes say the CCTV was destroyed. Does anyone know if that means not even the FBI got it? If TikTok witness coming forward on 9/22, that was 3 weeks past date of incident so probably not?) The MP team may not have made connections to the case or maybe they did.

The TikTok video rings true to me but reminds me of myself when I exaggerate a number or amount. She says Brian walked in and out of MP 4 times about 4 times. (I didn't actually count.) She clearly saw something.

But the manager may have a limited perspective. So was it that they didn't pay or they thought they did or miscommunicated/one thought the other paid... we just don't know everything.
I don't see why the manager has to tell BE anything and I don't consider his reporting all-encompassing of what happened.

It's like Rashomon.

Just my thoughts/ponderings.

Apologies if this has come up in the discussion today already.... did you guys watch the interview of the Tiktokker with a Chicago journalist on YouTube? I watched this the other night and found her to be quite credible IMO

Without leaving any part of what you owed?

I mean, I usually have some idea what I ordered and am not afraid to go grab a menu from the hostess to calculate, estimate tax, add a couple of bucks - and then leave.

But dining and dashing is bound to get a person into trouble, sooner or later. It's illegal. Attempting to pay when the business is making it difficult is different - and these days, we can just take a photo. Or a video of our troubles.

I ain't proud of it. We were young and dumb and not even 20 yo old and hadn't seen a single restaurant employee in over 20 minutes. A bit of pissed off self importance involved as well, maybe alcohol (well definitely alcohol). 'If we aren't good enough for you to serve us then our money must not be good enough for you either". But since those days I am the type who will count my change if I think I saw the cashier give me an extra $10 bill and then give it back to the cashier.

I did that once on vacation in Orange Co., CA. We waited forever and the waitress kept ignoring us. I left enough cash on the table to cover the food, but not a tip. Nowadays I probably wouldn't have cash so I don't know what I would do!
One time when I was about 21, a restaurant brought me food that I didn't order. The server told me they were out of what I ordered. Our whole group (4) walked out. We told this to the father of other guy in the group, who was a traveling salesman, and he told us that there is an implied guarantee of quality at restaurants and that he never paid if service or food was bad enough. But he wouldn't eat it either. He would tell the manager what was wrong and just leave. He said they never argued about it, although they might offer to make it right first. But I don't think this is what is meant by "dine and dash."

I worked in food and beverage service many times in my youth as a dishwasher, cook, bar back and emergency bartender. I despised the people who ate the meal then complained about it and wanted their money back. If its not what you ordered or its not cooked right, you say that upfront, not afterwards.

If you call it dine and dash, then I have never done it. But if you call it, "hey, I'm ready to pay, where is everyone. Dang this is taking forever, I need our bill ... screw it lets go." then yes I have.

The closest I've ever come to this is that time I found a long brown or black hair in my tacos. I told management and let them know I didn't want it and, "No thank you, I don't want to order something else because I have lost my appetite." So, I left without eating or paying. Maybe that's what happened with Gabby and BL. (I may eat my dog's hair in my food on the regular at home, but d**m if I'm going to eat and pay for restaurant hair. lol)

I worked in food and beverage service many times in my youth as a dishwasher, cook, bar back and emergency bartender. I despised the people who ate the meal then complained about it and wanted their money back. If its not what you ordered or its not cooked right, you say that upfront, not afterwards.

Sometimes, the place is so busy that the waitstaff doesn't come around until you're done eating. That could have been what Gabby and Brian experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper