Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the photo.

GP's family may have believed Rose was Gabby's friend. But Rose has apparently gone on the record saying GP didn't live with the Laundries.

New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

And GP's family has been quite vocal saying the L's had GP's stuff because she lived with them in their house for at least a year and according to one article for over 2 years.

Not sure how those accounts were reconciled at lunch.

JMO
When did the L's move to Florida? jmo

Oh geez, let’s just say it’s a gut feeling since BL’s parents clammed up from the start and offered zero response or assistance to GP’s desperate parents’ pleas for information regarding their daughtesr’s whereabouts. Instead, they lawyered up, withheld information, creating a circus-like attraction to themselves. The national attention this story has received will no doubt IMO, have a big payout when they finally tell “their” side of the story. IMO

Oh, thank you. I don't think the Laundrie's invited the circus, or enjoyed it at all, and they don't strike me as the type of family looking to cash in on their personal tragedy.

According to this article BL worked at a garden center in NY in 2017 & 2018. He would have turned 20 in Nov 2017. He would have been in NY, not FL.

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

According to this article, BL graduated from high school in NY in 2016. In June 2016 he would have been 18. So I don't think he was in FL in 2015 when he was 17.

Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie yearbook pics revealed after meeting at school

I'm pretty sure the article you linked claiming to show a picture of Brian's teenage bedroom has been debunked. In 2017 when the house was put on the market he would have been in NY. I believe those may be pictures taken when a tenant lived there.

Regardless, it makes no sense to list a charge on a missing person report that is

1. Irrelevant to going missing

2. No more recent than about 3 years old

3. Possibly a dropped charge since no reporter ever found evidence of it. We certainly would have heard about it if a reporter had found any previous criminal charges.

I actually think MIP means something else on that form.
JMO

We can have different perspectives. As as I said, not sure and just my opinion.

Cheers.

Last edited:
That's what the attorney claims, yet the Laundries handed LE a card without having any idea why LE was on their doorstep? For all the Laundries knew, if they hadn't gotten any calls from Gabby's family, the police were there for anything. If the police come to my door and I have no idea why they're there, I'm unlikely to have retained an attorney or going to hand the police a card and refuse to speak to them.

They probably had the attorney on retainer for their various real estate deals and therefore had the card on hand. SB said his first call about this was at 11:30pm, 30 minutes after the Laundries were contacted by LE. So, the Laundries did what any normal person with an attorney on retainer do and gave police the lawyer's card. Then they called SB to let him know what just happened. There is really nothing odd or abnormal about that. The part that is more of a conundrum is after the next day, why didn't someone send a message through SB about the last location BL saw Gabby - unless he wasn't saying...

I am not sure whether this is correct. Brian would still have been in high school in New York then, yes? I didn't think he moved to Florida until 2019?

Could absolutely be the case. I've seen conflicting things in various MSM articles.

Protecting him from what, taking responsibility for his actions? An innocent person would be forthcoming with LE, not hide. IMO
Not everyone who hires a lawyer before speaking to LE is guilty. It's called common sense. Just to be clear I'm talking about Brian not the Laundries.

Police speak on probable cause of Brian Laundrie's death - latest

LIVE Updates

Brian Laundrie’s secret ‘digital footprint’ could provide answers on Gabby Petito’s death
Brian Laundrie’s ‘digital footprint’ is being closely examined as part of ongoing investigation into the death of Gabby Petito, police say.

North Port Police Department spokesman Josh Taylor told NBC2 News last week that much of the evidence relating to Laundrie’s use of cellphones, computer and social media has not yet been released publicly.

The FBI is leading the investigation.

“Everything that’s been gathered in digital information, the digital footprint that’s never been revealed that will certainly be a part of (the FBI’s) entire case.”

This could include text and call logs, internet browsing history and location tracking.

The FBI is also examining a notebook found near Laundrie’s body.

Gabby Petito Foundation to offer $1,000 scholarships to ‘youthful and free-spirited’ student artists
A charitable foundation established by Gabby Petito’s parents is offering scholarships to students at schools she attended in Long Island, New York.

Gabby Petito Foundation offers advice for domestic violence victims
The Gabby Petito Foundation is now offering advice on where people in violent relationships can go to for help.

Gabby’s father Joe Petito announced the creation of a new foundation in September to help people in dangerous relationships, and assist families locate their missing children.

Their inaction invited the circus, IMO. Who acts like that? And only time will tell if they cash in or not. One thing’s for sure, they can never run away from being accessories to a crime to the public, their consciences or to God. IMO

"Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin."

-G-

When did the L's move to Florida? jmo

Didn't they purchase their current home in 2015? Did they reside in FL elsewhere prior to that date?

Gabby and Rose met by using an app in order to help them find new friends although I'm not sure of the date of their first meeting. Are you, by chance?

jmhoo

Well, there are lots of reasons BL might not have responded to a text from GP's parents (including not having his phone ). And I'm not sure GP's family ever called CL separately from RL. Cassie says she searched her phone after it was in tbe news she was called--no missed calls, no texts. So it pretty much comes down to RL not responding...and not responding on one day. Not days on end. I don't really find that so unacceptable but I understand others do.
JMO
They’ve had many many days to do the right thing since 9/10 and they still haven’t done it. That’s what most of us find unacceptable.

They probably had the attorney on retainer for their various real estate deals and therefore had the card on hand. SB said his first call about this was at 11:30pm, 30 minutes after the Laundries were contacted by LE. So, the Laundries did what any normal person with an attorney on retainer do and gave police the lawyer's card. Then they called SB to let him know what just happened. There is really nothing odd or abnormal about that. The part that is more of a conundrum is after the next day, why didn't someone send a message through SB about the last location BL saw Gabby - unless he wasn't saying...

Thank you. According to your post, I am not normal. That's fine. Cops did visit me a few months back. Cop knock late at night. I got out of bed wondering who had been hurt. The cops apologized asking if I had seen my 83 year old neighbor; they were doing a welfare check on him. I was glad to help with what I thought was a typical and standard response/normal response. At no time did I think to give them my lawyer's card. The head-scratcher is why anybody would lawyer-up over a welfare check. MOHO

One thing’s for sure, they can never run away from being accessories to a crime to the public, their consciences or to God. IMO

If they did nothing wrong, their consciences are fine... and we have no idea if they are religious, and if so, what their beliefs are, so we should probably leave god out of it.

As for the public... I don't honestly think how strangers on the internet feel about them has much effect on their day to day lives once this case leaves the news cycle.

There is quite a bit of SM footage of RD and GP hanging out as friends. It's easily found if you do a search. I think there's enough to back up her assertion that she was one of GP's close friends (having sleep overs, joking about being each others only friend etc).

In fact, I haven't found any evidence of someone else being as 'close' in terms of public SM data. Obviously SM can lie, as even GP's and BL's Instagram photos can attest to. But, in my opinion, there is enough verifiable evidence that RD and GP were in a friendship one could describe as BFF's. JMO.

Obviously your mileage may vary in terms of how much you believe her anecdotes. I believe her for the most part. It's certainly a different window/perspective into GP's life. Parents don't always know the same things that a peer might be privy to.

It was discussed in several earlier threads.

Yeah, I do remember it coming up now. I somehow missed the fact, though, that the Petito family attorney got it all wrong and it was an unclaimed yelp page that Gabby's image appeared on, which Bertolino had nothing to do with. Which makes the title really wrong:

Gabby Petito's family slam 'disgusting' law firm of Brian Laundrie family as search enters day four | Daily Mail Online

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it for others who may have missed that key bit of information, since just reading the headline and/or skimming could give a false impression.

Last edited:
Well I guess they paid the ultimate price for their trial by public opinion...their son is not only accused of murder, but he's also dead.
Gabby is dead. Her cause of death is strangulation/throttling.
The 'public' is not considered a suspect in her murder nor were the 'public' the last to see her alive to the best of our knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1