Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point JP said he told L's he was going to call the police. If that was on the 10th, maybe the welfare check was the public service call to L's to find out if G was there. (I have thought it was on the 11th that that happened, but logically I guess it would have been the first time police went to their house...to find out if G was there.) Maybe L's hadn't quite been muzzled, and said NO. While there , police see the van. And the ball starts rolling.??? If that's accurate, Why would L's not have retained SB for the case until late on the 11th? JMO
This, exactly, has been my speculation ever since the police call sheet was released. Totally agree. And I believe SB was at minimum contacted no later than the 10th.all moo.

Last edited:
We know Gabby's dad sent over a pizza to the hotel in SLC (for her or for both of them?? did her fam know she was alone??) But I wonder if we'll ever get more information about her interactions with her family members during those days he was gone to Florida.

Anyone know what situations might bring that info forward??

Saving.
Thanks for linking.
Msm saying he was there.
I do wonder what the L.'s told him ?

Speculating -- whatever the interaction was, it did not go well. :(
J.P. must have been frantic.
His child was missing, and what was he being told :
She left and not to worry ?
None of his business ?
We have nothing to say ?

Obviously the police were called !

Pretty certain even if Brian confessed, the L.'s did not say she was dead.
What a horrifying time for the Schmidt's and Petito's.
Imo.

Joe Petito never went to the Laundrie home.

Police went to Laundrie home day before Gabby Petito reported missing

I am wondering whether the L's were actually at home on the 10th and 11th. Didn't SB say that they were away that weekend? In any case the warrant states at para 9 that whoever answered the door to LE (it doesn't state what day) states that they did not know where GP was. They also refused LE to talk with Brian and directed LE to SB.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_w_hswXoAARzbL?format=jpg&name=900x900
If someone answered the door, I doubt it was BL! so parents must have been home. jmo

I am wondering whether the L's were actually at home on the 10th and 11th. Didn't SB say that they were away that weekend? In any case the warrant states at para 9 that whoever answered the door to LE (it doesn't state what day) states that they did not know where GP was. They also refused LE to talk with Brian and directed LE to SB.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_w_hswXoAARzbL?format=jpg&name=900x900
Yes. Something to the effect that they returned together from camping on the 8th and went places together the following weekend, which would have been 11/12 Sep. moo

MOO

I feel like I hallucinated seeing (what could have been) an empty gun case in the trunk of the Mustang on the night that the Laundries reported BL missing to Northport Police. I remember only being able to see the inside of the lid, because the rest of the case was in the trunk. I've attached a photo of what I remember it looking like (with only the lid/egg crate foam visible, but around that size).

I can't find the footage of LE activity that night. Does anyone else remember them looking in the trunk, opening a case, closing it again, and then walking into the house? Does anyone know of a link for the footage of that night?

The reason I'm asking is that it would certainly make me lean toward gunshot wound as cause of death, and that would be consistent with a skull that wasn't intact. It would also suggest a reason for BL's parents to have been worried about and/or resigned to suicide, and their seeming level of certainty that he was in the preserve.

MOO

I definitely saw the empty gun case. I also saw the police checking the glove box, under the seat and in the trunk of the vehicle. IMO they were definitely trying to ascertain that no gun was in the vehicle and that a gun was missing.

Do we know that she was with someone or is that only speculation? We know there was cause for concern prior to her being at the hotel. Who would that someone else be and why would that lead to her being strangled to death? Do you think it was not Brian, but someone else?
We don't know if she was with anyone in Ogden or not, but if she was with someone, it wasn't Brian cause he was apparently in Florida till the 23rd, even though that date has never once been confirmed by anyone IMO.

Do we know that she was with someone or is that only speculation? We know there was cause for concern prior to her being at the hotel. Who would that someone else be and why would that lead to her being strangled to death? Do you think it was not Brian, but someone else?

I think if it was BL that strangled GP, then suddenly there's a potential motive if he found out GP was with someone whilst he was back in FL.

I also think that there may have been a scenario where, when BL returned from FL, there was an argument between BL and GP and GP might have told him something that made him snap. That 'thing' might have been that she met up with someone else whilst he was away back in FL.

Hypothetical and JMO.

Last edited:
We know Gabby's dad sent over a pizza to the hotel in SLC (for her or for both of them?? did her fam know she was alone??) But I wonder if we'll ever get more information about her interactions with her family members during those days he was gone to Florida.

That is actually a good question...about the pizza.

I have always thought it was like a "soothng" gift... she might have indicated a loneliness without Brian, or might have expressed a real frustration with Brian, but not the full picture.

So I just felt Daddy was attempting to make his little girl happy..

I am interested in what others think.

I see. Well I think we can rule out the Monarch Market. It is only held the second and last Saturdays of the month, which for August would have been the 8th and the 29th. moo

"Every second and last Saturday of the month from 11am – 3pm, come enjoy The Monarch Market, located inside The Monarch (455 25th Street) in downtown Ogden."

Monarch Market - Local Specialty Market - The Monarch
The Monarch market was Sunday the 22nd :) They just changed from Sundays to Saturdays. Ogden Bizarre Market 2021

Keep Ogden Bizarre! — Indie Ogden
"We are looking for local makers, bakers, shakers and more to join us in the upcoming market on Sunday August 15th, 22nd and 29th. And we just know that you know someone who may be interesting in becoming a Vendor. "

I think if it was BL, then there's a potential motive if he found out GP was with someone whilst he was back in FL. I also think that there may have been a scenario where, when BL returned from FL, there was an argument between BL and GP and GP might have told him something that made him snap. That 'thing' might have been that she met up with someone else whilst he was away back in FL.

Hypothetical and JMO.

I know folks keep thinking this.... I am mixed.

BUT since they got the hard drive from the van, do we assume Gabby's parents DO KNOW what she was doing in Brians absense?
Or would this information still be considered evidence, and not shared.

And if her parents do know, do we think they will ever tell???

I'm certain LE knows and everyone who has info has been told not to speak IMO...Hopefully all this will come out in a media dump at some point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1