Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want us to speculate about what individual FBI personnel thought or knew, and what the agency as a whole might have suspected?

I have no idea. And anyone who says they have an idea about what the FBI thought, knew or suspected is just guessing. Is that what you wanted? Our guesses?

Several of us have responded, but I'm not sure what you want, beyond that.
I am grateful for all the responses I received, including the one you offered on Tuesday. I am looking for nothing more. The post you quoted was in response to a specific poster who addressed me specifically.
Jmo.

I think it’s actually quite easy to appear blissfully happy (or to appear to be just about anything) on social media where one has limitless takes before striking just the right tone and pose before hitting the publish button. Actually being happy in a relationship isn’t really required to appear happy in a relationship on social media — much of social media is performative, meant to sell an idea or a product.

Edited to extend that comment to real life which can also be performative at times…

Last edited:
I think it’s actually quite easy to appear blissfully happy (or to appear to be just about anything) on social media where one has limitless takes before striking just the right tone and pose before hitting the publish button. Actually being happy in a relationship isn’t really required to appear happy in a relationship on social media — much of social media is performative, meant to sell an idea or a product.

Edited to extend that comment to real life which can also be performative at times…

I completely agree. And even in real life, relationships are many-faceted. One does not [usually] need 100% of those facets to be perfect in order to feel good about a relationship; even less to feel like it's 'still worth working on'.

We can all look at a 100% horrible relationship and know that it is bad -- likewise with a 100% fantastic one. But most are in between, in that gray area where there is no obvious right/wrong.

Especially for young people in their early-mid 20s, they won't have the experience or the historical context to draw a fine line down the middle of a complex relationship to say exactly where is the point it should be abandoned vs continued.

To put a personal example out there, I am decades older than G/B and when I was deciding to leave my ex, I cannot tell you how many friends told me "oh, that's just how men are". Which may or may not be true and is beside the point. The point is that their comments to me caused me to reconsider things and to wonder whether, rather than leaving the relationship, I should instead simply shift my expectations.

I can imagine that the status of their relationship, especially inside GP's mind, changed frequently. I still suspect that something had changed in the last segment of their trip and that GP had decided to leave, perhaps waiting until the trip was over. I suspect GP had either told her mom this or mom had deduced it from comments made on phone calls. This is all MOO though.

It may be with the benefit of hindsight, but it looked to me like the footage she used of their first trip and earlier events was of a genuinely happy and excited couple, for example, the footage of them eating sushi on the beach is from their first date (at least that's what I've read). The later footage feels much more staged to me. I actually was wondering if there was so little footage from their current trip, which had already been ongoing for weeks when she made the first video, because they were having trouble appearing happy, or because he wasn't cooperating.

I'm sure the authorities will eventually tell more of the story, but before they close everything out they'll make sure to address everyone who may have been involved and that takes time. Even if Brian were alive, it often takes years before all the evidence is heard at a trial.
On a side note, the bench to honor Gabby is beautiful.

It may be with the benefit of hindsight, but it looked to me like the footage she used of their first trip and earlier events was of a genuinely happy and excited couple, for example, the footage of them eating sushi on the beach is from their first date (at least that's what I've read). The later footage feels much more staged to me. I actually was wondering if there was so little footage from their current trip, which had already been ongoing for weeks when she made the first video, because they were having trouble appearing happy, or because he wasn't cooperating.

I agree. Then comes the great difficulty of two people having to agreeably pretend #vanlife is wonderfully romantic and exciting to the eye of the camera once the initial spark of adventure wears off and reality takes over.

Many people go camping just for one weekend, no electricity, no running water, no wifi and discover that’s enough of that.

@audpants

The new #GabbyPetito memorial bench outside North Port’s city hall! Designed by A Squared Fabrication. Photo from her father,
@josephpetito

Apologies for re-posting one of my posts, but this is the story behind the memorial bench. He said he'd have it completed in time for Thanksgiving. The colour is different to that originally planned but this is more practical. What a beautiful gesture.

www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/wy-gabrielle-%E2%80%98gabby%E2%80%99-petito-22-grand-teton-national-park-25-aug-2021-69.595846/page-30#post-17204749

JB Biunno #HeyJB
@WFLAJB

·
17m

Hearing the FBI is preparing a release with an update on #BrianLaundrie's death. Before it's made public, the Laundries will be informed, Steven Bertolino says. Here's what we know about it: https://bit.ly/3cJp0Yd
@WFLA
Live on #WFLANow across all platforms when we have more.

wfla.com
Update on Brian Laundrie’s death coming as soon as today, attorney says
The attorney representing Brian Laundrie’s family says he will likely have more answers about his death within the next day.

BREAKING: #Laundrie family attorney confirms Brian Laundrie’s cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide, “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”

https://twitter.com/jodigfox5ny/status/1463209720450277379?s=21

BREAKING: #Laundrie family attorney confirms Brian Laundrie’s cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide, “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”

And there it is. Some closure I guess but it doesn’t change anything for either family.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member