Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed very likely that this would be the outcome. I believed that it was a gun case that the LEO found in the trunk of the Mustang and the "badly decomposed skull" is the same as saying "skull had more pieces than expected."

Once it was reconstructed, the trajectory through the skull could be determined and, of course, they already had the gun.
Do you have a link about the gun? Did LE find it?

I'm sure they did. Many of the searchers were wearing and carrying tactical equipment, which gave me the impression at the time that the gun rumor was in fact true.

They may not have been sure they were looking for a body, but they seemed to know for a fact that he was there.

They had him contained.

There surely must be a suicide note from Brian as they couldn't know he shot himself if there are no arms and no crime scene.

And thank you for doing that, as some were questioning whether it looked like a gun case. I thought it was clearly a gun case.

So, the Laundries had to have had a very strong hunch about what happened. I thought he seemed capable of self-harm/suicide all along and his only reason for driving to Florida, aside from obtaining the gun, was to say good-bye to his loved ones

That's why they hired a forensic anthropologist. The skull was pieced back together. One side had a small bullet hole and the other had shattering consistent with a point blank firing of a handgun. The gun was likely found immediately adjacent to the remains.

But the skull would tell the story upon reconstruction. There would be spidery cracks consistent with point blank at the entry site as well.
BBM
Have you seen the autopsy report? Where are you getting this information?

If that was a gun case, wonder when did Ls realize he had a gun? Or SB for that matter? Monday when BL left?, Tuesday when they found the car at the reserve? Weds when RL drove it back? Maybe Thursday or Friday when they might have searched it before they finally called LE to report him missing?

moo on filling in the blanks here. Wonder if ol’ friend of the family atty mentioned it to FBI on “Monday, or duh was that Tuesday?” When he “mentioned” “not, reported” BL didn’t come home from his “hike”… his head clearing walk. Unbelievable.
Purely speculating here, but I think that the Laundries found an empty gun case in the Mustang when they picked up the car, and between what he said to them before he left, his failure to return, the circumstances overall, and the missing gun, they put it together and concluded that he had probably gone to the reserve for the purpose of killing himself. I am guessing that there may even have been a note, which would have been what gave law enforcement such confidence that the reserve was the place to look. MOO.

I agree with you. It was empty. Steve B. Attorney is so ridiculous with his statement. How is this closure for Gabby if the results of the homicide investigation aren't resolved. Who cares he killed himself..it doesn't take away what he did to Gabby.
I agree it doesn't change what happened to Gabby. Does understanding bring closure? I don't know. I think it helps.

Many people care what happened to Brian. His family tops the list. And I care too. It helps me understand what he was going through. And understanding is why I'm here.

IMO…below is the statement release by the Laundries lawyer, S. Bertolino. After reading it several times, IMO, I feel they are acknowledging the fact their son BL, intentionally or accidentally killed Gabby. The statement part the L’s say,
‘(We) are hopeful these findings bring closure to both families.’ Why would the suicide of BL bring closure to Gabby’s family unless he was at fault. They had to know what he did to Gabby. I believe there is more evidence that shows BL killed Gabby. The L’s could have just have said, ‘they now have closure’…..but they know more, by saying findings bring closure to both families.”

JMOO

Attorney: Brian Laundrie death ruled a suicide by gun

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” Bertolino told ABC7 via text. “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”

FE506MhWYBAKww5

Purely speculating here, but I think that the Laundries found an empty gun case in the Mustang when they picked up the car, and between what he said to them before he left, his failure to return, the circumstances overall, and the missing gun, they put it together and concluded that he had probably gone to the reserve for the purpose of killing himself. I am guessing that there may even have been a note, which would have been what gave law enforcement such confidence that the reserve was the place to look. MOO.
I’m having a hard time with this. If they saw the gun case Tuesday, or Weds and found a note, wouldn’t they have frantically alerted LE to try and save their son? This was still days before GP was found, and days before they reported him missing. And recall, the ONLY reason why he was reported missing was because there was a credible enough sighting of BL in Tampa that caused LE to go to the house on Friday to check in on his location…

Does anyone else have a horrendous taste in their mouth??

I’m having a hard time with this. If they saw the gun case Tuesday, or Weds and found a note, wouldn’t they have frantically alerted LE to try and save their son? This was still days before GP was found, and days before they reported him missing. And recall, the ONLY reason why he was reported missing was because there was a credible enough sighting of BL in Tampa that caused LE to go to the house on Friday to check in on his location…

Most parents would do that, yes. Perhaps he told them what he was probably gonna do and they agreed not to stop him. I would say "it's not unheard of...." But, actually I think it is!

IMO, MOO

This is strange. Why didn't the ME see the bullet hole in BL's head? Wouldn't the gun and spent casing be laying with the remains? That would have been a big clue. JMO.

Brian Laundrie autopsy: Forensic anthropologist says fugitive died of suicide

My theory is maybe they were dragged away when the animals set on him.

I did think he killed himself, but I wasn’t sure until his body was found in such a decomposed state.

When he was still missing I also thought it was possible he was “hiding, not missing,” but I’m glad at least there is some resolution for all parties involved. Not closure, but resolution.

Now I just want to know why he killed her, but I have no expectations we will ever know.

We don't even know for sure that was a gun case. I'm also not sure the time line you reference is entirely correct or at least it's not fully pinned down. A complication is the NPPD erroneously claiming they knew where BL was on 9/15.
JMO

Attorney: Brian Laundrie death ruled a suicide by gun

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” Bertolino told ABC7 via text. “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”[/QUOTE]PS: But not, of course, mourning the death of their son's fiance. Who he left dead in a dry river area so that ravens could possibly peck her eyes out and large predators could have a go at her.

IMO

I agree, and that is why Bertolino is now saying this…

"We didn’t want the public going into a frenzy on that," he said. "I don’t think they considered him dangerous to anybody he met on the street."

Brian Laundrie update: Family surrendered guns to law enforcement on Sept. 17 -- but one was missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld