Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard the news about BL’s cause of death.

Has the timing of his death been established, i.e., can they tell whether he shot himself early upon being “missing” or was it a more recent death? There’s something about the timing of his parents needing to search for him urgently the day before he was found which leaves me wondering whether he was alive quite awhile.

One thing for me: BL is gone by his own hand -- he was spoiled, immature, lazy, and mean-spirited -- all, of course, my opinion. I think he enjoyed pushing sweet Gabby around, knowing she was miles ahead of him in brains, spirit, artistry, drive, all those positives. He was jealous of her, IMO.

After he did what he did (IMO, he killed her), he knew he was in Big Trouble, so he chose the path that someone of his ilk would choose -- the coward's way out. I must say, however, that suicide can't be easy, but it's what he chose -- the lesser of two horrors for him. That act just puts the period at the end of the sentence for me. He is gone; he is done.
He won't be tried by a jury, that's so, and we will indeed miss the trial and miss whoever will defend him. He judged his options and gave himself the death penalty -- his decision. The End.
I'm moving on, with much regret and sorrow for what Gabby's family and friends will have to endure for the rest of their lives.

Makes me wonder what it was he couldn't live with: shame or confinement (to a jail cell forever).

While this is precisely what many on here speculated would be the outcome, the question that remain (at least for me) is time of death. I just dont even understand (and cant fathom) being a parent knowing my child is out there about to take their own life and not call LE. Some have posted that the alternative was jail, well that alternative sounds better to me and being able to still see my child and talk to my child than knowing I did NOTHING to prevent their death. MOO.
I don't think they knew anything about his plans, but that's JMO.

From Brian Entin's twitter:

"

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
2h

When Brian Laundrie was reported missing his parents turned over all their firearms. But one was missing. That is according to Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino."

I understand a missing firearm from Laundrie's parents home, but WHY did his parents turn over all their firearms? I assume they turned them over to the police? But that makes no sense, especially since they conceivably become the target of some demented person eager to avenge the death of Gabby? Just saying, why give up your best protection?

On wfla now…
“A Brian Laundrie with a matching birthdate of Brian Laundrie, um, did take the written test, that is the first step to becoming a police officer. But he never entered into a, uh, police recruiting class. So there was some time over the last two or three years, interest from Brian Laundrie to become a police officer…he did pass”

walt buteau

moo

eta: link to video, with thanks to @Kristin Esq.
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83
This made my blood run cold.
This is significant. Brian was interested in a profession that would give him absolute authority and use of firearms. I wonder what his psychological test said, if he was given one by the police.

Ugh. I can't quite put my finger on why his comment that the Laundrie family's "hope" that the revelation that Brian ended his own life "bring(s) closure to both families" is so bothersome to me. I guess reading that from Gabby's family's point of view, it's so offensive and patronizing....
bbm
Indeed it is.

Not surprised about the manner and cause of death since we all knew BL had taken a gun with him to the forest.

Oh boy, I hate to highlight this, but it does make me wonder about the evidence found with Gabby OR if they are speaking about after the fact:

"“Gabby’s family will not be making a statement at this time due to the request of the United States Attorney’s Office and the Teton County Prosecutor’s Office. The family was asked to not make any comments and let the FBI continue their investigation,” the statement read. “The family was also asked to wait for the United States Attorney’s Office to make a determination on whether any additional individuals will be charged. When that determination is made, we will have a statement.”"
Brian Laundrie died of self-inflicted gunshot wound, medical examiner confirms | WGN-TV

So it seems until the USAttorney's Office makes a determination on whether to charge additional individuals, the possibilities still remain:
1. BL killed Gabby.
2. Someone attacked BL and Gabby or just Gabby and killed her and BL fled.
3. Someone collaborated with BL in killing Gabby.

Or

4. The authorities are still considering charging BL's parents with something they did in the aftermath of Gabby's death.

Whatever happened, the end result is BL committed suicide.
My bets are on #1 and #4
JMO

So. The question. Why run home to commit suicide?

He kills her on 31st. Then runs home, pretends nothing happened. Then the missing person is filed, then he commits suicide. Meanwhile, pretending to be completely innocent. Why?

I don't get it. If he wanted to go home to live the rest of his life, why not dump her in the 3,000 mile trip home? Why not a random dumpster in x big city. Why not the middle of nowhere? Nope left her 800 feet from their last confirmed camping spot. He saw dozens and dozens of people and they saw him. He knew that they would find her.

Just does not make any sense. If he had regret in killing her, then he would turn himself in or kill self at the original scene.

He acted like he almost did not know she was dead, until after she turned up missing.
He ran home because mommy and daddy always
"made things go away"

Gabby wouldn't have been found WHEN she was found if it wasn't for the traveling RV family.

I think that he figured GABBY would not be found and he ran home to get away from the "problem" he caused.

JMO

IMO, BL was terrified and went into "flight" mode. As soon as he realized the implications of what he'd done, he simply freaked out. His body kicked into fight-or-flight mode, and he threw whatever he could into the van and fled for somewhere "safe," not thinking or planning or considering anything beyond getting as far away as possible from the scene of the crime. Days later, he realized that running didn't actually help anything; there was nowhere that was "safe" for him.

Another possibility is that he was actually narcissistic enough to believe that he would get away with it. He packed up calmly and drove home like nothing was wrong, figuring that wild animals would get to her before anyone found her, and even if they did, he'd wiggle his way out of it somehow--spin it so that he was the victim (He maybe even believed that, somehow, he was!). Then suddenly, everyone was looking for GP and the public was taking her side and maybe his parents/lawyer flat-out told him that his usual smooth-talking wasn't going to work here. And he decided he'd rather be dead than face the consequences of his actions.

MOO.
I wish there was a "LOVE this POST" button
I agree with everything you wrote.

He and his family did not realize the mass media and public would jump on Gabby missing and the circus that was in their own front yard.

And then he ran and hid and killed himself instead of facing the consequences.

JMO

I’ve been thinking of Cassie’s children. How do you explain this??

I remember when I was young my parents explained a suicide basically as “he died.” Just something that happened. But there is no explanation available here for Cassie’s little ones that would work —just for now - because their world (aka the whole world) is filled with people who have heard the truth.

My simple childhood explanation held up until I was mature enough to understand what had happened — because there wasn’t a story published everywhere to counter the story I’d been told.

I hope there are people involved helping Cassie choose the right way to explain what happened to Gabby and Brian. There is just so much collateral damage…..

I understand a missing firearm from Laundrie's parents home, but WHY did his parents turn over all their firearms? I assume they turned them over to the police? But that makes no sense, especially since they conceivably become the target of some demented person eager to avenge the death of Gabby? Just saying, why give up your best protection?

Maybe a firearm was used at the site of Gabby's remains as well?

The final blow to the Petito family....he chooses to deprive them of closure. They, and everyone else, already knew he did it. What closure is the Atty referring to?
Imo.
Although I will still look carefully at the "proof" of suicide as I mentioned above.
I disagree. The Petito family is moving on from their grief. Gabby is gone and she is not coming back. They have Gabby's foundation established and they are honoring her memory. In my opinion, BL's death by execution for Gabby's murder after a long and painful trial, or his quick suicide, puts the same final ending to Gabby's case. IMO

quick question for those still following this thread. I was here up until the remains were identified as Brian. At that point I resigned myself to the fact there were many answer I won't ever get. What would give you all, my fellow members, closure in this case? Usually we get prosecution, a trial, a verdict, etc. Those things all usually help people move forward/on. But in this case, we have a victim, a suspect, both dead. In a long drawn out apparent murder/suicide situation.

I see some saying where's the gun? I questioned that too. More than likely buried in mud and muck or stuck beneath some debris or storm damage. If the gun were found would that give people closure? Somehow I doubt it. Those who theorize that the L family helped hide him, were in contact with him while missing, etc. will never move from that theory. So what brings closure for those folks? There will be no prosecution of the L family for their lack of cooperation while Gabby was missing. So what else?

I am not being snarky, just genuinely curious about my fellow members and what will offer them closure.
quick question for those still following this thread. I was here up until the remains were identified as Brian. At that point I resigned myself to the fact there were many answer I won't ever get. What would give you all, my fellow members, closure in this case? Usually we get prosecution, a trial, a verdict, etc. Those things all usually help people move forward/on. But in this case, we have a victim, a suspect, both dead. In a long drawn out apparent murder/suicide situation.

I see some saying where's the gun? I questioned that too. More than likely buried in mud and muck or stuck beneath some debris or storm damage. If the gun were found would that give people closure? Somehow I doubt it. Those who theorize that the L family helped hide him, were in contact with him while missing, etc. will never move from that theory. So what brings closure for those folks? There will be no prosecution of the L family for their lack of cooperation while Gabby was missing. So what else?

I am not being snarky, just genuinely curious about my fellow members and what will offer them closure.
When Gabby’s parents have Closure, so will I.

I disagree. The Petito family is moving on from their grief. Gabby is gone and she is not coming back. They have Gabby's foundation established and they are honoring her memory. In my opinion, BL's death by execution for Gabby's murder after a long and painful trial, or his quick suicide, puts the same final ending to Gabby's case. IMO
With respect, to me it does not. He has chosen how he dies without any of the public shame that goes with being arrested, charged and jailed. He is a coward IMO.

I just heard the news about BL’s cause of death.

Has the timing of his death been established, i.e., can they tell whether he shot himself early upon being “missing” or was it a more recent death? There’s something about the timing of his parents needing to search for him urgently the day before he was found which leaves me wondering whether he was alive quite awhile.
Skeletal remains though....

Can any of the LE officers or attorneys on the thread explain why the Ls turned their firearms over to the FBI when they reported BL missing? If Ive got my dates correct, the misper was filed 9/17, yet GP’s remains were not found until 9/20, and the warrant for BL was dated 9/22. Does anyone understand under what authority the Ls relinquished their firearms?
I also am having a hard time understanding not alerting the public that BL may be armed, or the fact that a search did not begin until 9/18.

other thoughts to consider?
Is there a possibility a suicide note was left in the L home when BL left on 9/13?

Could BL have transported the weapon with him in Aug when he returned to Wyoming? That might explain the illogical $$ spent on airfare and a hotel In order to save $ on a possible month long storage expense.- as per SB.

Last edited:
I almost think that the Laundries may be saying, well your daughter died by my son's hand and my son died by his own hand because he couldn't handle what he did. They hope it brings them peace because he's not living while she's dead. moo.
The Ls have the answers they need now they know what happened to their son and trying to come to terms with the circumstances will bring them peace maybe but GPs family will forever have unanswered questions and if onlys the questions rattling around their minds will never be answered by now BL is gone . Drawing a line under all this is never going to be an option for GPs family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball