Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, to me it does not. He has chosen how he dies without any of the public shame that goes with being arrested, charged and jailed. He is a coward IMO.
Brian had to say goodbye to his family. See the fear and despair in thier eyes. Hear them pleading with him to stay. Know just how much he hurt them. He chose to walk away and not accept thier help. He chose not to drag them through a trial.

He died alone. Perhaps very painfully and slowly. The emotional pain he must have felt to do such a thing is unimaginable.

I don't think he was a coward. I don't think he was trying to escape public shame. I think he was in too much pain to think clearly or continue to live. Maybe he felt he deserved to die. Or both. Either way, he fully paid. RIP.

MOO

They seem to always show photos of where the arms/hands are positioned to prove whether the shot was self-inflicted. Am I watching too much Dateline?!

[I do realize the body was underwater and nothing stayed in place. I just wonder how LE is so sure of suicide.]

They seem to always show photos of where the arms/hands are positioned to prove whether the shot was self-inflicted. Am I watching too much Dateline?!

Hands and arms move after death, during decomp. If the body is found right away, and is dry and above ground, the hands and arms will be slightly moved away from where they were at death by about 2 wees.

But in water, the heavier bones (skull, thigh, clavicle) will remain closer to the point of death and the arms, lower leg, feet, hands will move more.

There are atlases of water movement on bones in different conditions. The anthropologist was local, called in because they knew the weather and geology of the area.

The arms and hands could be carried away and missing, though, and the skull would still tell the story of how close a particular gun was to the skull at the time the bullet was fired.

Skeletal remains though....

Takes three weeks to get a skeleton in that climate, and the early reports said "decomposition" of the skull as well - so the forensics would point to a window of 3-4 weeks. Perhaps longer. We'd have to see the microscopic pictures of the bones to know if it's longer. I don't think we'll ever see those.

He ran home because mommy and daddy always
"made things go away"

Gabby wouldn't have been found WHEN she was found if it wasn't for the traveling RV family.

I think that he figured GABBY would not be found and he ran home to get away from the "problem" he caused.

JMO
If that is true when mommy and daddy did nothing he would start explaining and passing blame and accusing.

Spoiled kid is a package. Spoiled kid to mommy and daddy then anyone he can con.

We dont see that. Narassitic or spoiled or immature would want for dance for the camera.

To be fair, I am sure the Laundries have plenty of questions of their own for which there will never be answers. I do feel for them—and wonder if they have any regrets for how they handled things.
At the end of the day, they lost their own child in an unimaginably tragic way, too. It’s terribly sad.
Has anyone heard anything about the contents of the notebook??

I don't think Laundrie killed himself in order to control how it all ends for him.

With everything in the media, him being portrayed and labeled as a narcissist and all, most of us have forgotten that at one point, Brian wanted to marry Gabby. They were young, traveling together on whatever means they had (RV, spare money, etc). I think when you're that young and traveling with someone you're planning to marry, heated arguments do surface, and can get bad enough to get physical. <modsnip> and Brian clearly had some serious, serious issues.

Gabby's murder doesn't seem premeditated, and comes across as accidental. It's as if Brian, in the heat of the moment and in the middle of their argument, strangled Gabby to death--on accident. She's incredibly frail, not only <modsnip> emotionally but physically as well. I wouldn't be surprised to find out <modsnip> led him to become fearful of her to the point of a buildup of resentment towards her, where one day he snapped and accidentally killed her--and truly never meant to.

On his running back to his parents, everything was rushed--from not properly burying Gabby, to withdrawing money from her account. That's not premeditated, nor is it out of narcissism. It's out of the painstaking reality that you've just killed someone you loved, your fiancee, out of whatever disgusting fight that took place between the two of you, and you're relying on whatever means you can to get back to this safe space to reevaluate/process what just happened.

His actions are egregious, don't get me wrong, but again we're speculating the actions of a young couple--<modsnip> --out on a country road trip, discovering one another and discovering their individual selves more...and it ended horribly wrong for the both of them.

And, in the end, I don't think it's Brian Laundrie's alleged narcissism that led to his suicide. I'm convinced that his guilt followed him to his death. Considering the fact that his remains were found in a hiking/trail/park-like setting (similar to the place where he murdered Gabby Petito) see this link for where Brian Laundrie's remains were found<Brian Laundrie search: Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, what you need to know> it could very well be the case that he sought to kill himself out of true remorse for what he did to Gabby in a place that reminded him of her.
Why else would his parents seem so nonchalant or almost expressionless about all this? They probably understood what he was about to do, and that there was little to nothing they could do to stop him. That fact alone doesn't strike me as Laundrie being narcissistic and taking matters into his own hands. Killing himself the way he did, and where he did, shows me that he was deeply remorseful for what he had done to his fiancee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. The Petito family is moving on from their grief. Gabby is gone and she is not coming back. They have Gabby's foundation established and they are honoring her memory. In my opinion, BL's death by execution for Gabby's murder after a long and painful trial, or his quick suicide, puts the same final ending to Gabby's case. IMO

I could not disagree more. Atoning for what you've done, on earth, in front of other humans, is a punishment all its own and one Brian should have faced. That provides a level of justice suicide never will.

I don't think Laundrie killed himself in order to control how it all ends for him.

With everything in the media, him being portrayed and labeled as a narcissist and all, most of us have forgotten that at one point, Brian wanted to marry Gabby. They were young, traveling together on whatever means they had (RV, spare money, etc). I think when you're that young and traveling with someone you're planning to marry, heated arguments do surface, and can get bad enough to get physical. <modsnip> and Brian clearly had some serious, serious issues.

Gabby's murder doesn't seem premeditated, and comes across as accidental. It's as if Brian, in the heat of the moment and in the middle of their argument, strangled Gabby to death--on accident. She's incredibly frail, not only <modsnip> emotionally but physically as well. I wouldn't be surprised to find out <modsnip> led him to become fearful of her to the point of a buildup of resentment towards her, where one day he snapped and accidentally killed her--and truly never meant to.

On his running back to his parents, everything was rushed--from not properly burying Gabby, to withdrawing money from her account. That's not premeditated, nor is it out of narcissism. It's out of the painstaking reality that you've just killed someone you loved, your fiancee, out of whatever disgusting fight that took place between the two of you, and you're relying on whatever means you can to get back to this safe space to reevaluate/process what just happened.

His actions are egregious, don't get me wrong, but again we're speculating the actions of a young couple--<modsnip> --out on a country road trip, discovering one another and discovering their individual selves more...and it ended horribly wrong for the both of them.

And, in the end, I don't think it's Brian Laundrie's alleged narcissism that led to his suicide. I'm convinced that his guilt followed him to his death. Considering the fact that his remains were found in a hiking/trail/park-like setting (similar to the place where he murdered Gabby Petito) see this link for where Brian Laundrie's remains were found<Brian Laundrie search: Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, what you need to know> it could very well be the case that he sought to kill himself out of true remorse for what he did to Gabby in a place that reminded him of her.
Why else would his parents seem so nonchalant or almost expressionless about all this? They probably understood what he was about to do, and that there was little to nothing they could do to stop him. That fact alone doesn't strike me as Laundrie being narcissistic and taking matters into his own hands. Killing himself the way he did, and where he did, shows me that he was deeply remorseful for what he had done to his fiancee.
Sorry, I completely disagree with every bit of this. A lot of this has been discussed and debunked numerous times. I didn't realize GP was bipolar. You should edit if you still have time, I think you forgot your MOO.

Welcome to Websleuths. This may be the closest we get to the real truth of what happened, although I would disagree with some of what you've said that paints this monster in any kind of sympathetic light (and also victim-shaming Gabby).
Hi, and thank you. It's not painting a monster in a sympathetic light, nor is it victim-shaming. It is what it is. The reality of it is that the media constantly distorts ordinary people to sell their story. A soon-to-be-wedded couple travels the country together, and somehow at the end of it all we have a narcissistic male who premeditated his fiancee's murder all along. Or, at least that's what the script is--the script that's making profits, that is. That doesn't even make any sense.

Hi, and thank you. It's not painting a monster in a sympathetic light, nor is it victim-shaming. It is what it is. The reality of it is that the media constantly distorts ordinary people to sell their story. A soon-to-be-wedded couple travels the country together, and somehow at the end of it all we have a narcissistic male who premeditated his fiancee's murder all along. Or, at least that's what the script is--the script that's making profits, that is. That doesn't even make any sense.

I don't think anyone thinks he pre-meditated it all along. Doesn't change the fact he murdered her in cold blood, ran home to mom and dad for......(you may know better than we do), then ran away to the forest to escape being held accountable for his actions

Gabby's murder doesn't seem premeditated, and comes across as accidental. It's as if Brian, in the heat of the moment and in the middle of their argument, strangled Gabby to death--on accident. She's incredibly frail, not only mentally/emotionally but physically as well. I wouldn't be surprised to find out <modsnip> led him to become fearful of her to the point of a buildup of resentment towards her, where one day he snapped and accidentally killed her--and truly never meant to.

I could not disagree more.
1. List your verified source for Gaby's 'bipolar' diagnosis. If you don't have one, then this is your opinion, and not allowed on this forum.
2. One does not 'accidentally' strangle someone. It takes several minutes of holding the chokehold on someone to strangle them.
3. Just because he was her fiance and wanted to marry her does not make him innocent. Or make him not a narcissist.
4. Gaby was neither physically or emotionally frail. She is the victim, and not open for sleuthing.
5. Are you a friend of Brian's or his parents?

Sorry, I completely disagree with every bit of this. A lot of this has been discussed and debunked numerous times. I didn't realize GP was bipolar. You should edit if you still have time, I think you forgot your MOO.

Gabby's father has said that GP was not ever diagnosed as having OCD or any other disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member