Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hummm.......I bet the gun was stolen.
Really? Firstly we don't have an evidence that the parents did not tell the police he did or may have a firearm. So it could simply be what police or FBI decided to make or not make public.

<modsnip>
All of the drama in Florida happened within less than 72 hours and it happened before Gabby's remains were found and even before the warrant for bank fraud was released on BL.

GP was reported missing on the 11th.
BL was last seen alive on the 13th.

I think where the cops are concerned we are viewing everything with too much hindsight. IMO everyone, including the cops, were flying by the seat of their pants in the first few days. They did not put out an "armed and dangerous" warning to the public at that time because they weren't even sure if a violent crime had been committed. Then at some point, for some reason we do not know, they became convinced he was dead, thus the endless searches in the Carlton Reserve. JMO
(These dates are also important IMO because it doesn't give the Laundries much time for skulduggery.)
Agree completely.

Really? Firstly we don't have an evidence that the parents did not tell the police he did or may have a firearm. So it could simply be what police or FBI decided to make or not make public.

<modsnip>

Agree completely.

Where is Brian Laundrie's gun? | Daily Mail Online

I meant the gun he killed himself with must have been stolen if LE never found it.

• Neither the North Port Police nor the FBI have reported a gun among Laundrie's recovered belongings
50939411-10240277-A_gun_painted_in_the_likeness_of_an_American_flag_circled_in_red-a-29_1637867913148.jpg

A gun, painted in the likeness of an American flag (circled in red), was hanging in his bedroom in photos taken by a real estate website before he vanished

Last edited:
Okay, IMO BL is as guilty as sin. I could never sit on that jury... never. I would recuse myself in a heartbeat. My mind is made up. I think he abused her and murdered her. However, I believe in our amazing constitution. BL is innocent until proven guilty no matter what I think.

We don't need to amp up the wickedness in this crime because it's bad enough as it is. Let's just work together to find out the truth.

Oh and hopefully we'll get some more real facts too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. I'm confused. Did they hide this info from the cops? The article is super vague.

Edit: The original article is even more vague.

They did not hide the information from the cops. Feds kept it secret.

I just found more information on it:

His family's lawyer Steve Bertolino told DailyMail.com on Wednesday that one of the family's guns was missing when Laundrie vanished on Sept. 13, but that the feds kept it secret because they didn't want the public to panic.

While Laundrie's family was uncertain of the missing weapon's make and model, Bertolino said that it was definitely a pistol, and that the family definitely reported it missing.

Found this interesting article today. "Kaplan said he believes investigators may be looking into whether anyone helped Laundrie escape police surveillance and stay hidden." I wonder if LE has video of BL coming out of the Laundrie house and driving off in the Mustang. We had the story that BL's father allegedly went to search for him the evening BL went hiking and also the next day but supposedly didn't find him. Was CL really searching for BL or was he doing something else? Of note, the experts in this article also question if someone else was involved in Gabby's murder. Finally the article mentions no gun was found with BL's remains which may not be unusual due to the flooding. IMO this article will result in lots of locals searching for the gun. :
Two local experts intrigued by what's not in Brian Laundrie's autopsy report
Are they looking at the complete report or a press release of the report?
In terms of the parents, if anything the facts we now have on likely date of death of Brian Laundrie in my opinion makes charging the parents more difficult, not less. Everything was over within a couple of of days of him coming home and he was long dead by the time this was converted from missing person to homicide. Also I think we need to be mindful of the fact that, although usually law enforcement investigatng a case are typically professional and good people, many here have been rightly or wrongly critical of the Florida cops, and we all have been rightly critical of the Moab cops who displayed all the classic problems of law enforcement going into investigative questioning on the roadside with a bias and getting it totally wrong. To me that goes more to justifying not talking to cops. I am not saying that is ethical. But under US law their attorney gave them exactly the correct advice to minimize their exposure, which is the attorney's sworn duty to do.

Note: In the lower right hand is a video webslueth's site is popping up a window, with Gabby petito sitting in the police cruiser in Moab. It is so poignant. In my opinion we can't do anything about the existence of people like brian Laundrie. He won't be punished. But I think the Moab interaction and lessons learned ought to be included in curricula that law enforcement get as "what not to do."

Okay, IMO BL is as guilty as sin. I could never sit on that jury... never. I would recuse myself in a heartbeat. My mind is made up. I think he abused her and murdered her. However, I believe in our amazing constitution. BL is innocent until proven guilty no matter what I think.

We don't need to amp up the wickedness in this crime because it's bad enough as it is. Let's just work together to find out the truth.

Just about every constitution in the entire world has the presumption of innocence starting with the Romans and through to Magna Carta and beyond.

I meant the gun he killed himself with must have been stolen if LE never found it.

• Neither the North Port Police nor the FBI have reported a gun among Laundrie's recovered belongings
50939411-10240277-A_gun_painted_in_the_likeness_of_an_American_flag_circled_in_red-a-29_1637867913148.jpg

A gun, painted in the likeness of an American flag (circled in red), was hanging in his bedroom in photos taken by a real estate website before he vanished
We don't know that that is even a real gun or an airsoft or Bb gun, or if it was real, that this was not one of the guns the parents turned in to LE.
And we do not know that police did not find a gun right with his body. Even if they found it in his skeletal hand would not necessarily be in what has been released to public so far.

They did not hide the information from the cops. Feds kept it secret.

I just found more information on it:

His family's lawyer Steve Bertolino told DailyMail.com on Wednesday that one of the family's guns was missing when Laundrie vanished on Sept. 13, but that the feds kept it secret because they didn't want the public to panic.

While Laundrie's family was uncertain of the missing weapon's make and model, Bertolino said that it was definitely a pistol, and that the family definitely reported it missing.

Another LE screw up in this case. The Feds KNEW that members of the public were out searching for BL but didn't warn the public that BL was armed. What a mess the Feds made of this case. It is a lucky thing no member of the public got killed as a result of the Fed's decision to keep the gun a secret.

We don't know that that is even a real gun or an airsoft or Bb gun, or if it was real, that this was not one of the guns the parents turned in to LE.
And we do not know that police did not find a gun right with his body. Even if they found it in his skeletal hand would not necessarily be in what has been released to public so far.

The parents didn't know the make or model of the gun, only that it was a pistol and it was missing. This tells me they didn't buy the gun, so it must have belonged to BL and he must have kept it in his room as he didn't own a car. So the parents went to retrieve BL's gun and found the gun case empty and if he sometimes hung it off the side of his bookcase like in the photo, it was not there. The Laundries may have only discovered that a gun was missing on the night they reported BL missing to LE after LE asked to see all of the guns in the house. That it was BL's gun must have been chilling for the parents to discover knowing BL hadn't returned. Next we see police out in the Laundrie yard with an empty gun case and they go through the Mustang and don't find a gun. That tells me the parents had not been looking for that gun before. I think that night was the first time they knew a gun was missing from their house.

Right. The gun he used might not have been the missing Laundrie gun, Brian could have used a completely different gun.

I believe the gun he used to kill himself was a real gun, the kind of real gun that shoots a bullet. I do not believe he would have used a BB gun or air soft gun.

Not someone serious about suicide and a real gun was missing from his home.

Right. The gun he used might not have been the missing Laundrie gun, Brian could have used a completely different gun.

I believe the gun he used to kill himself was a real gun, the kind of real gun that shoots a bullet. I do not believe he would have used a BB gun or air soft gun.

Not someone serious about suicide and a real gun was missing from his home.
I am talking about the gun on the wall in your post. That could be airsoft or one that was turned into authorities by parents early on
I do not find anything that excludes the following: LE asks parents about guns, and if they can have a look at them. They give them six of theirs and say a seventh is missing. FBI/Cops decide not to release that info. Unknown to anyone, Brian Laudnrie has already committed suicide in the swamp with that seventh gun. Authorities find the gun with Laundries body and simply have not included that in the summary of autopsy report

The parents didn't know the make or model of the gun, only that it was a pistol and it was missing. This tells me they didn't buy the gun, so it must have belonged to BL and he must have kept it in his room as he didn't own a car. So the parents went to retrieve BL's gun and found the gun case empty and if he sometimes hung it off the side of his bookcase like in the photo, it was not there. The Laundries may have only discovered that a gun was missing on the night they reported BL missing to LE after LE asked to see all of the guns in the house. That it was BL's gun must have been chilling for the parents to discover knowing BL hadn't returned. Next we see police out in the Laundrie yard with an empty gun case and they go through the Mustang and don't find a gun. That tells me the parents had not been looking for that gun before. I think that night was the first time they knew a gun was missing from their house.

Good information thanks.

I don't think anything I wrote excludes that. I was pointing to the Daily Mail article which has a lot of problematic assumptions, and the implication that the "stars and stripes" gun on the wall was the "missing gun" when we don't know if that is even an actual gun. What I am saying is there does not seem to be a gun mystery here.

That image of a bedroom was shown in a 2017 ad to sell the FL Laundrie home purchased in 2015. The home obviously didn't sell.

Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

It's not at all clear BL lived there then so despite what some MSM stories say, it's not clear that's a picture of his bedroom, much less of "his gun." I'm not sure it's a real gun anyway-- no one is likely to store a real gun that way IMO.

According to a widely published story, BL worked in a Long Island garden center in 2017 & 2018. So it's likely he didn't live in FL during the time the picture could have been taken.

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

It has been hypothesized that either that's a picture of a tenant's bedroom or the pictures in the ad were the same pictures used when the home was purchased on 2015. But there's no evidence that's B's room and plenty of evidence to say it's not.
JMO

Could that be a sticker on the side of the shelf?
Let me add I am no BL fan and believe he's guilty of killing Gabby. Open to what happened to him.

Last edited:
That image of a bedroom was shown in a 2017 ad to sell the FL Laundrie home purchased in 2015. The home obviously didn't sell.

Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

It's not at all clear BL lived there then so despite what some MSM stories say, it's not clear that's a picture of his bedroom, much less of "his gun." I'm not sure it's a real gun anyway-- no one is likely to store a real gun that way IMO.

According to a widely published story, BL worked in a Long Island garden center in 2017 & 2018. So it's likely he didn't live in FL during the time the picture could have been taken.

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

It has been hypothesized that either that's a picture of a tenant's bedroom or the pictures in the ad were the same pictures used when the home was purchased on 2015. But there's no evidence that's B's room and plenty of evidence to say it's not.
JMO

Thanks. This was likely discussed here but I missed the discussion of it.

Guilty as sin, and that most likely is true, but I'm still having a hard time understanding this though:
Makeshift cross found in area where crews searched for Gabby Petito
What's that for? Did they ever find out who made that, or if BL went back and left those near GP's remains?
...and now there's speculation someone else was possibly involved with GP's murder?

LE hiding more than merely why L's didn't disclose missing gun (if they didn't disclose it).

Everything above is my opinion and speculation. Thinking out loud.

EDIT: who put the cross there

Guilty as sin, and that most likely is true, but I'm still having a hard time understanding this though:
Makeshift cross found in area where crews searched for Gabby Petito
What's that for? Did they ever find out who made that, or if BL went back and left those near GP's remains?
...and now there's speculation someone else was possibly involved with GP's murder?

LE hiding more than merely why L's didn't disclose missing gun (if they didn't disclose it).

Everything above is my opinion and speculation. Thinking out loud.

EDIT: who put the cross there

The cross was placed by her stepfather Jim Schmidt. It was discussed thoroughly many threads ago.

To understand you might have to go back many, many threads. Most of us on WS feel that BL is solely responsible.
all MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member