Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I lose my $hite, can I take this to mean that the Laundries kept it under wraps that their son was missing along with a gun, while they knew that Gabby was missing and likely not wherever Brian claimed, because they didn’t want the public to over-react?

1) This was their son. If this is true, where was their regard for his life?

2) while I agree that communication to the public should be handled by the LE pros, an missing upset man who is likely in serious trouble, and who might be accompanied by a missing weapon is something the public needs to know.

3) Lawyers do not keep it under wraps when someone might be in danger, do they? Including their own clients? IANAL but... if I am reading/understanding the implications of this correctly, I would love for someone in the know to chime in.

MOO
Very ODD family indeed!

This is getting more and more interesting. According to this quote...apparently days after BL left for his hike, his parents finally checked their guns and discovered one was missing and THEN they notified police that BL was missing "immediately." This means they found the gun missing Friday and then immediately notified police. So, although BL had been gone since Monday, they only discovered the missing gun on Friday...Hmmm...

Meanwhile we have SB saying he told the FBI that BL didn't come back from his hike on Monday and the NP police were constantly watching the Laundrie house since Sunday thinking BL was in there.

Good post. Thanks for the reply.

BL returned to FL on Sept 1st.
GP is reported missing on the 11th.
BL is last seen alive on the 13th.
BL is reported missing on the 17th. When the Laundries realized their pistol was missing. (new info)

It's so bizarre. In the beginning, IMO, when we first learned about the Laundries not returning the Petitos' texts and referring LE to their attorney, we imagined them as scheming and in control, helping their son escape and bankrolling the entire process.
Now we have to ask ourselves why the Laundries didn't respond to this crisis in a more proactive and immediate way?

For example, they had 10 days to get their son across the border, to evaluate his mental health, to get their guns out of the house, to take some action (right or wrong) to help Brian's situation, but yet they did not act.

It's a huge shift in our perception to see them as a couple in the dark, a little bumbling, trying to figure out their new circumstances, and slow to realize the truth about their son. (MOO)

I know people like that. They would not realize their house was burning down until the firetruck pulled into the yard.

Finally the article mentions no gun was found with BL's remains which may not be unusual due to the flooding

I've been waiting to see another mention of the floods to bring up what's been on my mind for awhile. So were there or weren't there multiple pieces of the skull found, or just the jaw piece we initially heard about? If the ruling [of suicide] was made based on the trajectory etc of a bullet, how did they come to that conclusion using only a portion of the jaw. If the gun, or any other evidence for that matter, floated away as been assumed, then why wouldn't the rest of the skull float away too? I apologize if this wording is confusing, I'm fried. Moo Jmo

I've been waiting to see another mention of the floods to bring up what's been on my mind for awhile. So were there or weren't there multiple pieces of the skull found, or just the jaw piece we initially heard about? If the ruling [of suicide] was made based on the trajectory etc of a bullet, how did they come to that conclusion using only a portion of the jaw. If the gun, or any other evidence for that matter, floated away as been assumed, then why wouldn't the rest of the skull float away too? I apologize if this wording is confusing, I'm fried. Moo Jmo
I am sure that they had more of the skull than the jaw. The jaw was mentioned because it was a means of identifying him. No one know who much of the rest of the skull or what other bones were found, but it was enough to deduce a gunshot wound. We probably will never know.

Can someone please give me the LE or MSM link about there being no gun found with BL's remains?

LE has not put out any info. Where are we getting this information from?

Last edited:
Can someone please give me the LE or MSM link about there being no gun found with BL's remains?

LE has not put out any info. Where are we getting this information from?

The possibility no gun was found with the remains was mentioned in this article posted earlier.

Two local experts intrigued by what's not in Brian Laundrie's autopsy report

Like much of the "information" about this case, it's just speculation from former FBI agents. Much of the speculation from that group has been proven wrong. (No, BL wasn't in Mexico or on the AT.)

I don't find the blathering by former agents very useful. Sometimes the blathering is woefully uninformed by the known facts of the case. And too often what they speculate about is taken as factual when it's not.
JMO

From this article, the Laundries only looked for their guns when prompted to by the police and FBI:

"Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, were surrendering their guns to law enforcement on September 17 -- the same day they reported their son missing -- when they discovered one handgun was not in its case, Bertolino told CNN Friday. The FBI and North Port, Florida, police were present at the time of the discovery, he said."
Brian Laundrie's family didn't want to set off a public 'frenzy' by revealing gun was missing, attorney says - CNN

So, CL knew BL left the house upset, but it never occurred to him that BL might be planning to harm himself and therefore the Laundries never checked their guns to verify they were in the house until LE requested they surrender their guns on Friday, Sept, 17.

...Like much of the "information" about this case, it's just speculation from former FBI agents. Much of the speculation from that group has been proven wrong. (No, BL wasn't in Mexico or on the AT.)

I don't find the blathering by former agents very useful. Sometimes the blathering is woefully uninformed by the known facts of the case. And too often what they speculate about is taken as factual when it's not.

Thanks so much and I understand now.

New details of what was found with remains of Brian Laundrie

This article is from October 21st it was published by an ABC affiliate. It contains an interview with Josh Taylor, the North Port police spokesman. It goes over some of the items that were found at the scene, notebook, clothing, backpack. "When Taylor was asked about whether a weapon was found, he said he could not comment."

Has there been any new information released since this interview?

So, CL knew BL left the house upset, but it never occurred to him that BL might be planning to harm himself and therefore the Laundries never checked their guns to verify they were in the house until LE requested they surrender their guns on Friday, Sept, 17.

Exactly. It's hard to say anything positive about Brian, but IMO he went to great lengths not to worry or concern his parents. MOO

The possibility no gun was found with the remains was mentioned in this article posted earlier.

Two local experts intrigued by what's not in Brian Laundrie's autopsy report

Like much of the "information" about this case, it's just speculation from former FBI agents. Much of the speculation from that group has been proven wrong. (No, BL wasn't in Mexico or on the AT.)

JMO

HARD agree. It's been very disappointing to see how poor their insight has been into this case.

Bringing this forward from thread 83 because I keep wondering how this scenario plays out...
annwn said:
Lets us think this through.

You could be 100% correct.

But what if.

What if she told brian that she is tired of fighting, and she does not want to live in the van any more. She found a friend online and they decided that they are going to continue on forward. She then tell him to take the van home and use the credit card to get it there. She does not like to drive the van. He agrees because he is tired of fighting with her. He just wants to go home. She then leaves to her tent in the woods and he drives home. Later a 3rd person shows up, kills her and leaves her dead.

Brian travels home, not knowing that anything is wrong but his engagement to gabby is over. He gets home thinking that her parents are paying for her hotel rooms, which he hates, and food. He has zero reason to talk to her parents. Until she is actually missing. Then he realizes that she is really gone.

For those who have suggested this theory I bolded above (and you aren't the only one)...what's happened with her online friend? Where is (s)he...or, worse, where are that person's remains?

HARD agree. It's been very disappointing to see how poor their insight has been into this case.

It's as if they are being paid to jump to conclusions and with so little information being released by LE, they have to base their conclusions upon speculation. From the get-go, it's a recipe for getting it wrong.

To clarify here about the missing pistol. According to the article I linked previously, the Laundrie parents could not identify the make or model of the. missing pistol. When people buy a gun, they usually know the make and model of the gun they are buying because they shopped for that specific make and model. Also, make and model are listed on the bill of sale. Usually a gun buyer keeps the bill of sale for the gun as proof of ownership (if they bought the gun legally) and in case they wish to legally sell the gun in the future because if it was imported, they also need the name of the importer and the serial number. This information is required if you sell a gun for ATF form 4473. The Laundrie parents didn't have this information about the missing gun which is why IMO this was a weapon that BL bought and owned. IMO, the Laundries also knew about the location of the gun case for the pistol inside their home and were able to locate and produce the gun case. IMO, that's why we saw the police with an empty gun case, search through the Mustang on the night BL was reported missing.
I wonder if BL used GP’s card to buy the unidentified gun. Unless you’re a cold blooded killer, I would imagine your mind would be a hurricane of torment having killed someone. I can see in the realms of possibility BL coming up with the idea that killing himself with a gun purchased with GP’s $$ would somehow make it even or give her justice? Appreciate that sounds completely irrational but nothing in this case has been anything other. All IMO

From this article, the Laundries only looked for their guns when prompted to by the police and FBI:

"Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, were surrendering their guns to law enforcement on September 17 -- the same day they reported their son missing -- when they discovered one handgun was not in its case, Bertolino told CNN Friday. The FBI and North Port, Florida, police were present at the time of the discovery, he said."
Brian Laundrie's family didn't want to set off a public 'frenzy' by revealing gun was missing, attorney says - CNN

Also stated:

Bertolino says law enforcement felt it was best not to reveal the gun was MIA. He also says Brian's parents "were shocked the gun was missing and they were upset."

Brian Laundrie's Parents Discovered Missing Gun But Never Made Public

And this:

We asked if there were any weapons found in the area throughout the search for Brian Laundrie:
TAYLOR: I think there’s more evidence that has certainly been collected and the revealing of that evidence will happen at the proper time.

NPPD's Josh Taylor speaks one-on-one about the discovery of Brian Laundrie's remains

Bringing this forward from thread 83 because I keep wondering how this scenario plays out...

For those who have suggested this theory I bolded above (and you aren't the only one)...what's happened with her online friend? Where is (s)he...or, worse, where are that person's remains?
I believe Brian killed her, but in your quoted scenario, perhaps the "friend" is the one that killed her. Which would explain why we haven't heard from them.

To clarify here about the missing pistol. According to the article I linked previously, the Laundrie parents could not identify the make or model of the. missing pistol. When people buy a gun, they usually know the make and model of the gun they are buying because they shopped for that specific make and model. Also, make and model are listed on the bill of sale. Usually a gun buyer keeps the bill of sale for the gun as proof of ownership (if they bought the gun legally) and in case they wish to legally sell the gun in the future because if it was imported, they also need the name of the importer and the serial number. This information is required if you sell a gun for ATF form 4473. The Laundrie parents didn't have this information about the missing gun which is why IMO this was a weapon that BL bought and owned. IMO, the Laundries also knew about the location of the gun case for the pistol inside their home and were able to locate and produce the gun case. IMO, that's why we saw the police with an empty gun case, search through the Mustang on the night BL was reported missing.
Why all the secrecy, I wonder. Owning 8+ guns seems a little curious too consider the circumstances. IMO

Why all the secrecy, I wonder. Owning 8+ guns seems a little curious too consider the circumstances.

What secrecy? They owned 6 guns. (1/2 my relatives own more than that.) When the police asked for the guns the Laundries found one was missing. They grew more concerned about Brian fearing he had taken it to the Carlson Reserve.

Why all the secrecy, I wonder. Owning 8+ guns seems a little curious too consider the circumstances. IMO
I dont think 8+ guns are alot. Many people hand down guns through generations and pick up a few on thier own. There are guns for hunting, guns for shooting trap, competition guns, fun plinking guns and serious self defense handguns, etc. Plus the antique guns and it adds up.

I dont think 8+ guns are alot. Many people hand down guns through generations and pick up a few on thier own. There are guns for hunting, guns for shooting trap, competition guns, fun plinking guns and serious self defense handguns, etc. Plus the antique guns and it adds up.
I find this so fascinating. It’s a great reminder that our perspectives on these cases is very much informed by our own culture, family, background etc. I have never even seen a gun in real life and would feel very uncomfortable if I was in a house with 8 of them! That doesn’t make on of us bad and the other good. Or one right or wrong. It’s just different. And the family having 8 guns is probably completely irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee