Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that the Roberta Laundrie letter was found on the car at the preserve and said something along the lines of "we love you and support you even though you did a terrible thing and we will hire the best defense possible for your trial. The best thing to do is turn yourself in, you won't serve a long sentence and you have a long life ahead of you to live for." MOO
I'm a little behind on the posts today but as for suspecting that the Roberta's letter was found on the car at the preserve I don't think is what Riley said.

"According to Reilly, the letter was found in the Laundrie family’s home but was taken out of the van that Brian and Gabby had been traveling the country in."

This letter from RL to Bl sure is strange. Patrick Reilly states that it was written after GP died and before BL killed himself but doesn't say why he believes that. Instead he makes it clear that there's no date on it.

I wonder if RL is referring to the domestic violence problems in Utah and the possibility of BL going to jail for DV. Hard to say at this point. When the letter is released we can see if Reilly's belief is probable or if other scenario's fit. JMO.
BBM
But he does.

"According to Reilly, the letter is undated so it’s not entirely clear when it was written. However, Reilly claims it was “certainly, based on what’s contained within the letter, it would appear as though the letter were written after Gabby was killed and before Brian took his life.”

In those 7 minutes he reiterates what he has said in MSM and more.

“I will tell you, by the way, that on the envelope that contained the letter, the words ‘burn after you read this’ were written,” Reilly said.

"According to Reilly, the letter was found in the Laundrie family’s home but was taken out of the van that Brian and Gabby had been traveling the country in."

snip

“I’m led to believe he received that before he came back to North Port but I don’t know that for certain,” Reilly said."

Updated: Jun 25, 2022 / 11:19 AM EDT

So it is a letter in an envelope and it was found in the van after Brian arrived at his parents home in North Port. I'm with others here that the timeline of the letter is a bit off for Mr. Reilly's explanation. How would Roberta send/give Brian a letter knowing about Gabby's death before he even arrived home from WY?
Not necessarily. He could have arrived home, found the letter on a bed made for him, or could have been handed to him etc... He then possibly read it while sitting in his van. Left it there. Later maybe his mother found it and then brought it in the house. From there it sounds like the FBI found it.
I'm just guessing here, but it does sound plausible.

I was thinking maybe the letter from Roberta had an offer to lie and say Gabby had returned with Brian, but then she took off. That would give him an alibi as well as get him off the hook for her credit card use. But surely R would be arrested by now if that was the case, so that can't be it. Moo.
Some other dude did it ….

BBM
But he does.

"According to Reilly, the letter is undated so it’s not entirely clear when it was written. However, Reilly claims it was “certainly, based on what’s contained within the letter, it would appear as though the letter were written after Gabby was killed and before Brian took his life.”

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying.

Yes!
Exactly that!
Now, unless the contents are from movie title...
I don't know if contents lend to the movie, but what we do know is:

According to Reilly,

1. the letter is undated so it’s not entirely clear when it was written. However, Reilly claims it was “certainly, based on what’s contained within the letter, it would appear as though the letter were written after Gabby was killed and before Brian took his life.

2. there was an offer to assist Brian with some things in that letter,”

3. Reilly was asked if I'd were planning to help Brian leave the country. "That’s not a part of the note, not to my recollection,” Reilly noted.

4. Rilley said the surprise on Bertolino's face was very interesting as he read that letter

5. His mother offered to assist him.

6. Reilly states the contents of this letter to Brian Laundrie are "pretty extreme." H

Last edited:
Go to the 1:06 mark...

Riley says that Brian had other stories he told, other confessions, possibly two other confessions. These are in some sort of written or typed format. And it sounds like these are different from each other.
I'm not surprised Brian wrote a few drafts of his fictional confession.

It still doesn't show that his parents knew he killed Gabby. That's what Mr. Reilly has to show.

I wish everything would be made public as long as anything detrimental or personal about Gabby is kept private.

BBM
But he does.

Well, I'm pretty sure he's correct it was written before Brian killed himself as the plaintiffs' are using the date his remains were found (Oct 20) as the date of death per the Complaint. And he may believe it was written after GP's death. He may be right or he may be wrong. If one is convinced RL knew GP was dead and further thought she wanted to help BL escape, reading "I will help you get away from the situation with GP" that would sound like an offer to help him escape from murder charges because GP was dead. But as others have said it also could have been written post-Moab. Any mom would want her son (or daughter) out of a relationship that was clearly becoming more dangerously toxic. Especially if she knew about the police involvement. Maybe it was a letter to read on the plane going back in Aug. Maybe the L's tried to convince him to break things off and this was RL's last attempt. Maybe they had a joke between them about the "burn this" movie. But she may have said don't let GP read this too because she was afraid GP wouldn't let him go.

I find it had to believe it was mailed or shipped to BL in WY. Why do that?

It still doesn't show that his parents knew he killed Gabby. That's what Mr. Reilly has to show.

I wish everything would be made public as long as anything detrimental or personal about Gabby is kept private.
BBM.

I don't think that can happen. That's the problem with court cases. There doesn't have to be an overt attempt to "blame the victim" by the defense. But personal information will come out if the case proceeds. And some information likely will be negative. Everybody has "warts."

I don't understand these to be drafts. He said there is one another confession and possibly 2 other confessions. When asked how he knew this he said: "Because the FBI told us."

Two years ago I had a bad fall while hiking in southern UT near Blanding on Comb Ridge. Hit my head, broke my elbow, sprained my ankle. No cell service. My husband got me back to the car. Took a while but he did it & got me to the clinic/hospital in Blanding. I don’t recall him ever attempting to “put me out of me misery” despite my pretty pathetic appearance!

Exactly. I've broken my ankle (both bones) and been through Labor. Both extremely painful, but not to the point of wanting death.

Yes!
Exactly that!
Now, unless the contents are from movie title...
I always write the names of random movies I've watched years ago on the outside of envelopes when I write letters to my loved ones about how I will help bust them out of jail. Totally plausible, Bertolino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine