Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's like that person who puts a suffering animal out of its misery.

He's just letting himself off the hook, and doesn't want to admit that he killed her in an act of rage, which I think we all believe.

It's total nonsense, but not unusual for these guys. Coward to the end.

Why does this strike me as ... very, very strange? I expected it to read something along the lines of, "We drove each other crazy and I just snapped after yet another huge, painful fight." Instead he's saying that he took it upon himself to end her supposed pain?? Like an assisted suicide? And he had no sense that there'd be repercussions? What pain is he referring to? Had they broken up?

The crossing the creek part is a bit confusing. Is he saying that she wanted to freeze to death, therefore she wanted him to sleep across the creek in the RV so that the fire would indeed go out so she could freeze, not wanting him to cross the creek to go back to her in the tent and stoke the fire?
I think what you expected him to say is what actually happened. He had a phone and could have easily called 911.

Why does this strike me as ... very, very strange? I expected it to read something along the lines of, "We drove each other crazy and I just snapped after yet another huge, painful fight." Instead he's saying that he took it upon himself to end her supposed pain?? Like an assisted suicide? And he had no sense that there'd be repercussions? What pain is he referring to? Had they broken up?

The crossing the creek part is a bit confusing. Is he saying that she wanted to freeze to death, therefore she wanted him to sleep across the creek in the RV so that the fire would indeed go out so she could freeze, not wanting him to cross the creek to go back to her in the tent and stoke the fire?

It sounds to me that BL was saying that GP didn't want him to cross the creek because she was afraid the fire would go out during the night while she was sleeping and that she would freeze to death. He writes that he had the same fear.

BL's note is full of BS. He say's that he didn't know the extent of her injury's but decided that killing her was the right thing to do. What?

JMO.

I just realized there are 8 images on the Fox site, not just one. Going back to read the rest now.

I think what you expected him to say is what actually happened. He had a phone and could have easily called 911.
What kind of person doesn't call or go for help if a loved one is injured but instead kills them? I think BL was the source of her injuries and he strangled her when she didn't immediately die from them. JMO.

No. That's not what he's saying. Go to the Fox story and find the link to the pdf of the full letter. You'll still have questions but not those particular questions.

What kind of person doesn't call or go for help if a loved one is injured but instead kills them? I think BL was the source of her injuries and he strangled her when she didn't imediatly die from them. JMO.
Did they not have cell access there? Did they not have a satellite GPS device that can put you in contact with 911 even if there's no cell access? Could he not have run back to the vehicle to grab some blankets? Sure sounds suspicious.

Did they not have cell access there? Did they not have a satellite GPS device that can put you in contact with 911 even if there's no cell access? Could he not have run back to the vehicle to grab some blankets? Sure sounds suspicious.
According to the T-Mobile coverage map, they likely did not have phone reception at their campsite near Spread Creek. But yeah...you'd think he'd get help, one way or another, even if from another camper.

I bear in mind, when he wrote this note, GP's body had not yet been found and no protesters were camped outside the L household. Nobody knew she'd been killed by blunt force trauma to the head and neck, and strangled. I'm curious if this was the story he told his parents, or if he didn't tell them anything and the note was supposed to be how they found out.

Very strange indeed.

Maybe there's a half-truth in there. Maybe they were arguing, he was chasing her across the creek, she hit her head in a struggle, and then he finished her off. That seems more fitting to him than this victimized scenario.

Last edited:
What kind of person doesn't call or go for help if a loved one is injured but instead kills them? I think BL was the source of her injuries and he strangled her when she didn't immediately die from them. JMO.
Exactly. The timeline of all the evidence or witness sightings (i.e hitchhiking, driving car alone into Spread Creek) don't really coincide with what is in the note. He writes that she was violently shaking and in pain. More than likely, he was violently shaking her causing her pain. She may have hit her head and ended up with a concussion. If he was being merciful, he would most definitely seek help. We know there were others at the campsite. He could have easily got her help. JMO

This is so strange and so sad. I can’t pretend to know what it’s like to carry someone so far in wet and freezing conditions but imagine taking a short break to rest and continue towards the vehicle would have been something he could have physically done. If this is the truth. Who knows if he really told the truth in his final moments.

According to the T-Mobile coverage map, they likely did not have phone reception at their campsite near Spread Creek. But yeah...you'd think he'd get help, one way or another, even if from another camper.

I bear in mind, when he wrote this note, GP's body had not yet been found and no protesters were camped outside the L household. Nobody knew she'd been killed by blunt force trauma to the head and neck, and strangled. I'm curious if this was the story he told his parents, or if he didn't tell them anything and the note was supposed to be how they found out.

Very strange indeed.
I was in Grand Teton last month, and I have T-Mobile. I never had any cell coverage at any time in the park.

Exactly. The timeline of all the evidence or witness sightings (i.e hitchhiking, driving car alone into Spread Creek) don't really coincide with what is in the note. He writes that she was violently shaking and in pain. More than likely, he was violently shaking her causing her pain. She may have hit her head and ended up with a concussion. If he was being merciful, he would most definitely seek help. We know there were others at the campsite. He could have easily got her help. JMOWhe
Absolutely he could have gotten help!!! This written note is bs like he's trying to make his actions seem merciful because she was in pain. When the person you love is in pain you go get help!!!! Not end their life. He thought that is what she wanted? How dare he try to minimize his actions like he was putting a sick dog to sleep. He doesn't want to admit that he beat her and caused that pain to begin with. Then after that strangled her to death. That is why he didn't go get help. She wouldn't be able to tell anyone what he really did to her.

Last edited:

Very strange indeed.

Maybe there's a half-truth in there. Maybe they were arguing, he was chasing her across the creek, she hit her head in a struggle, and then he finished her off. That seems more fitting to him than this victimized scenario.
Agreed about the half truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member