Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about the rest of you but I get the distinct feeling he is describing the murder. The scream, being wet, being cold, Gabby begging him to end her pain, she would fall asleep but he would wake her up (strangulation to a point - Stop - gasping start again), a bump on her head - he slammed her with something.

He is describing Abby’s reactions, feelings and emotions while he is killing her. Terror, fear, pain, begging for an end to it. I can visualize the whole thing and I don’t think it was quick. It was a sustained attack.

He could only take responsibility for killing her as an act of love. An act of mercy because he is a coward. He was trying to save her but (made a MISTAKE). Yup…murder is a BIG MISTAKE I’d say. He wanted her dead. It was intentional. He could have stopped but he didn’t.

And then it’s all “woe is me”. I can’t live without you so I hav to kill myself blah blah blah, (cry me a River….) It’s All about him.

He made a mistake….

What a !

MOO. JMHO, IMO and all that Jazz.
@Tealgrove you brought out something I hadn't noticed, how its all about him.

* I wish I was right at your side,
* I wish I could be talking to you right now. * I’d be going through every memory we made...
* I can’t [live] without you.
* I’ve lost every day we [could’ve] spent together, every holiday.
* I’ll never get to play with [illegible] again. * Never go hiking with TJ.
* I loved you more than anything.
* I can’t bear to look at our photos, to recall great times because it is why
* I cannot go on.
* When I close my eyes, I will think of laughing on the roof of the van...

Where's the empathy of what she was going thru??!! The empathy on what she'll be missing out on, giving up, how she has lost every holiday, hikes she won't get to go on, children she wont get to play with (let alone get to give birth to), how she has lost every holiday...etc etc....

Its ALL about him.

I kind of wondered the opposite, I wonder if he bashed her head and she started convulsing or seizing and then he strangled her to death. It’s like he tried to account for all of her injuries with his lies.
I think so as well maybe he pushed her she hit her head and had a seizure n it scared him and he choked her

BBM - yes, she was Gabby's body was found '5 minutes from her & Brian's van'
He described in an interview with Dr Phil seeing the remnants of a fire ring and a clearing where a tent would have been placed.
This just popped into my head. Months ago, I'm certain they said there was evidence that a tent had been placed near where they found her, inc the fire ring. Here are 2 links, but I can't find any more MSM links quickly:

Gabby's body was found '5 minutes from her & Brian's van'

If there was indeed evidence of a tent and a fire pit (not a hastily made fire with random burn marks on the ground, but an area like a ring surrounded by stones), then HMMMM... more holes in the notepad entry. If they had planned to tent camp on the other side of the creek, they'd have had blankets galore and maybe some sort of propane heater.

That's what I think, as well. I could be totally wrong, but it seems like he started spiraling days before he killed her and simply kept spiraling until the end.
I agree too. Wasn't there some incident earlier in the afternoon, I can't remember.
Needless to say he had already shown his colors
What do you guys think? I can’t believe he isn’t taking full responsibility. I think she did hit her head after he pushed her down
Yes chasing her. I could believe she was pushed face down and with a knot on her for head that just got bigger. I also feel in his anger he choked her after he shoved her.

I'm an artist and also am friends with many who journal. We have many, all sizes and shapes! We love the variety, different paper thicknesses and textures, different binding for different needs, etc. I wouldn't read anything into that difference.

I second this. Even people who are only marginally into journalling will often have more than one notebook, like one kept in the vehicle and another that fits in a pocket to carry on hikes.

This just popped into my head. Months ago, I'm certain they said there was evidence that a tent had been placed near where they found her, inc the fire ring. Here are 2 links, but I can't find any more MSM links quickly:

Gabby's body was found '5 minutes from her & Brian's van'

If there was indeed evidence of a tent and a fire pit (not a hastily made fire with random burn marks on the ground, but an area like a ring surrounded by stones), then HMMMM... more holes in the notepad entry. If they had planned to tent camp on the other side of the creek, they'd have had blankets galore and maybe some sort of propane heater.
Ya and if he allegedly quickly built a fire to keep her warm, it sure took a lot of time to gather rocks for a fire ring.
:0(

Where's the empathy of what she was going thru??!! The empathy on what she'll be missing out on, giving up, how she has lost every holiday, hikes she won't get to go on, children she wont get to play with (let alone get to give birth to), how she has lost every holiday...etc etc....

Its ALL about him.

So true, IMO, and the more I reread his letter the more angry I feel.

Not only is he focused on HIS losses, but he's the one who had choices here. Gabby had none. Unless we believe his claim that she wanted to die, which I absolutely do not believe.

Not only is he lasering in on what HE will now forfeit, but he takes the time to paint himself as so benevolent--- a hero, even.

He claims he can't live without Gabby but he just HAD to "end her life," because she was in pain, and now he must die as well. Like a hero.
Then he talks about how he really, really, REALLY wanted to "go North" so James or T.J. could kill him, but he didn't because he wouldn't want them in jail. Very self-sacrificing, he seems to suggest. And of course he's sorry for his parents, which he should be.

I agree that this letter sounds like a bent version of what he really did to her. Her pain and suffering, wet and cold and frightened, all flipped to make him the hero of their saga.

@Tealgrove you brought out something I hadn't noticed, how its all about him.

* I wish I was right at your side,
* I wish I could be talking to you right now. * I’d be going through every memory we made...
* I can’t [live] without you.
* I’ve lost every day we [could’ve] spent together, every holiday.
* I’ll never get to play with [illegible] again. * Never go hiking with TJ.
* I loved you more than anything.
* I can’t bear to look at our photos, to recall great times because it is why
* I cannot go on.
* When I close my eyes, I will think of laughing on the roof of the van...

Its ALL about him.
Excellent thoughts and earlier that same sort of train of thought went through my head.

What if the person, now deceased, died from an innocent car accident unrelated to the surviving partner.

And that surviving partner is so despondent, they just feel they can't go on. I could see that surviving lover writing everything he wrote, for sure. And of course maybe some of their grief would pertain to what their deceased lover now cannot do - "You'll never be able to see your daughter marry" - "your novel was so close to success" - and so on. But maybe while you are thinking about the death of both people, even while you are still alive, you only focus on yourself at the end?

I think he injured her terribly and chickened out on calling 911 because he didn't want to go to jail if she was able to tell what happened. I am so uncomfortable reading what he wrote because there is probably truth to it. When he decided not to call 911, the act of killing her probably did feel like a 'mercy' killing as she was in so much pain. I can't believe he went out trying to get people to feel sorry for him and spinning a crazy story.

As if it couldn't get any worse. The actors look like they're in their 40s.

The Gabby Petito Story FIRST LOOK: Lifetime movie seen filming near Salt Lake City, Utah mountains... just months after boyfriend Brian Laundrie admitted to murdering aspiring social media star

1656117329451.png

Except for the actress playing Gabby's mom. She looks younger than the other two. :confused:

1656117438770.png

IN this day and age and esp given their circumstances, why on earth would anyone write a letter on paper???
And the P's attorney thinks it likely was written to BL after GP was dead and before he came back to North Port. How could that happen? And it was found in the van? Where was it delivered if BL got it before coming back?

They did not show up to the dismissal presentation. Sit with their council. If you have nothing to hide. Speak your truth.
Show up, stand up for your truth.
Something was not right from the beginning. When he came home without her. His parents blocked her parents. It was so unfair( never mind inhuman).
I want to know more what happened when he went home for “a break” after Moab. Did he move her things out of his parents house into storage that visit? Just hers? Not his?
I thought I read not a trace of GP things were in that L house when the P family asked for them.

MOO

And the P's attorney thinks it likely was written to BL after GP was dead and before he came back to North Port. How could that happen? And it was found in the van? Where was it delivered if BL got it before coming back?
Right? No reason for BL's mom to date it, whether she wrote it as he was en route home or at home. But maybe it contains content related to the supposed call BL made to his parents en route home and she flipped, rightfully so, and lost phone contact with him so wrote him a scathing letter for him to burn once he got home?

Brian blamed Gabby for everything and poor Gabby took on that blame. We all saw what happened when they were stopped by police.

If you really read that confession and pull apart the words Gabby is responsible for her own death or so Brian is telling us although covertly.

She fell
She hit her head
She got cold
She was in pain
She wanted the pain to stop
Gabby put them in this predicament
It was Gabby’s fault

So, at Gabby’s insistence, he mercifuly killed her to end her pain. It was Gabby’s fault that he made a mistake. Gabby made him do it.

That letter was no mea culpe. It was shifting blame to Gabby to make himself look like a hero, a big man, when in fact he showed us exactly who he was: a narcissistic lying abuser who murdered his fiancé and only feels sorry for himself in the end.

MOO

I agree that this letter sounds like a bent version of what he really did to her. Her pain and suffering, wet and cold and frightened, all flipped to make him the hero of their saga.

im actually not worried about all that right now, is it at all possible for what he says happened to have occured during this time frame and what if any corroborating evidence does her autopsy paint in regards to this letter ( any other injuries, is the so called " bump" noted ) and so called version of events

he says he walked down the creek as well, wouldn't he be wet and freezing then as well?

They did not show up to the dismissal presentation. Sit with their council. If you have nothing to hide. Speak your truth.
Show up, stand up for your truth.
Something was not right from the beginning. When he came home without her. His parents blocked her parents. It was so unfair( never mindinhuman).
I want to know more what happened when he went home for “a break” after Moab. Did he move her things out of his parents house into storage that visit? Just hers? Not his?
I thought I read not a trace of GP things were in that L house when the P family asked for them.

MOO
There was no requirement the L's attend the hearing. I've heard several legal experts question why the P's did. For that sort of proceeding, the parties often aren't present. There are no opportunities for "truth telling" by the parties. It's just legal arguments while the parties remain mute.

I think what you read about GP's stuff may not have been entirely accurate. One NPPD officer said he didn't know what was in the L's house that belonged to GP and NS said the same. But how much would GP likely have left behind? G&B lived with the L's and were working mostly minimum wage-type jobs. Nothing wrong with that but it tends to interfere with acquiring lots of "stuff" even when there's free rent. And they were saving to travel and that argues against buying stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay