Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question.

When is the last documented sighting of BL?

Not the statements of his family or lawyers. Where is the last place he was absolutely known to be seen?

A comment.

BL looks to me like a million guys of his age. If I saw him on the street I wouldn't recognize him because I see men of his age that look like him all the time. He doesn't have any distinguishing features as far as I can tell, and if he were wearing a mask because covid, well, unlikely to recognize goes to impossible to recognize.

For these reasons, I think he could hide in plain sight for a long time.
Much easier for him to hide right in the USA. He's not tall, not short, not ugly nor handsome. Just another guy. Especially if they are passing him money and he doesn't have to work.

Just when you thought these people couldn't behave any worse, they do this. They finally reach out to law enforcement, but do so when it suits their interest, and 3 days later to boot.

If they truly don't know where he is (which I find dubious), then they are getting a small taste of what Gabby's family is going though.

Get it yet?!
Even worse, they didn't reach out-Brian's attorney did. The attorney made the initial call to police. These people have no moral compass at all. My guess is, they sent Brian off, played a few days with police and the attorney and then told the attorney today that Brian was "missing".

Sigh.

This ever-expanding universe of pain did not have to happen.

Whatever Brian did or did not do to Gabby, his parents refusal to even discuss her with her family or the police eventually led to so much pressure, and Brian out in the wind now.

The van is in Florida so I do believe Brian drove it home. If he had a confederate drive it instead, that’s another person of interest drawn into this abyss.

An old Yeats poem, very well known, has the lines “Things fall apart, the center cannot hold.” That’s what this feels like, IMO.

It was already likely too late to help Gabby. But now the situation has gone from a simmer, to a boil, to an explosion. Now resources have to be split to find both of them, and the only avenue to finding her has flown away.

no, not with covid. Many sa and ca countries have literally closed their borders to foreigners, and even to residents unless travelers want to quarantine for 10 days in a hotel with state sponsored health checks every single day. Id like to know which latin american country is easy to get into now? Covid is raging in peru, ecuador, brazil, colombia, argentina, venezuela is a mess. A guy on the lam would have to be very very savvy to cross border in unauthorized spots often dotted with land mines. Documents must be shown to even stay in a hotel or hostal or get on a bus. I dont think you realize how hard it is to move around with vaxx requirements, and required proof of neg pcrs within 3 days of travel.

My business partner just went to Cancun. No test or requirements to leave. A test was required to return, paid for by the resort. Her was there for five days. They are incentivizing travel at this time.

Joseph Petito had an incident on Sept 10 at Laudrie's home. Has anyone heard if he physically saw Brian there? I am wondering why they didn't file a missing person's until a day later on the 11th. I can't seem to find much info of what went down on the 10th to the time of the filing on the 11th.

LE brushed her mom off the first day.

Questions unanswered in Gabby Petito disappearance

Gabby’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, said they don’t believe the last text message they received from Gabby was actually from her. In it, it states that the couple is in Yosemite and that text messages would be tough because of the area.

It was received on Aug. 30.

You do the math,” Nichole Schmidt said Friday. “We know that she didn’t send it because he was home Sept. 1. They never went to Yosemite; they never had plans to go to Yosemite — so it’s obvious.”

North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor wondered about that as well during a short news conference Friday afternoon, noting driving from Yosemite to North Port in a day on one tank of gas was clearly unlikely.
It is obvious, and it's a major reason why he is in reality, a prime suspect in a suspected homicide. That's damning.

They won't say that of course, but I have no doubt it's true.

It's my understanding Brian, as a person of interest, was not under surveillance.
Because the police messed up. While it is true he could not have his wires tapped, video surveillance, etc, they could keep tabs on him. That's how police work is done. They are trying to muddy the waters and confuse you all. Don't buy into it. It's simply not accurate that they could not keep tabs on this guy. In fact, it makes it more likely than ever that they never had any proof he was even in the state of Florida.

I am leaning more toward BL fleeing direct from UTAH and someone else driving the van back. Car rental companies, flights, gas stations, toll transponders all need to be checked between the 24th when Gabby checked out of SLC hotel and the 29th when TiKTok picked up BL hitchhiking, all alone, no gear, and more importantly, no vehicle.

Last edited:
you are stating that Colombia requires a vaccine card?
Nope- no vaccine card required for Colombia, but if you are vaccinated, it opens the door for many more countries that only require a vaccination.

For the countries that do require testing, that is also easy- most airports have testing available on-site.

I personally don't think this guy would leave the country given his level of dependency on his parents, but it can't be ruled out due to difficulty.

Questions unanswered in Gabby Petito disappearance

While technology tracking and social media can help find a missing person, it depends on the circumstance.

Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Capt. Joe Giasone said agencies can only use GPS and cellphone tracking if the devices are on.

“The cellphone companies are really good if we call with an emergency,” Giasone said.

However, if a missing person used a cellphone at some point, police are able to back track the areas where the phone connected to cell towers.

“You can get access to that pretty quickly,” Giasone said about working with phone companies on an active missing person case.

But it does get trickier in areas like national parks where towers are more scarce, he said.

Other technology like traffic cameras can be used in a missing persons case. Toll booth cameras capture all tags going through, however, red light traffic cameras only record when someone runs a red light.

Social media has also become a major tool in trying to piece together moments before someone goes missing.

Im not sure where they are legally with him….is running like this enough to charge him? I’m not a lawyer. However…..If they can flag his passport in the system….he’s not going to get far(beyond the US). Unless he reverses a Cuban and floats the 90 or so miles there.
They'll trace him in a split second. Anywhere in latin America. Too much money being at play between the countries.

Josh Taylor said on CNN that Brian left the house Tuesday with a backpack on and that his parents thought he was going on a local hike. :rolleyes:

Haha I call BS. MOO. What the parents probably meant to say was he last seen putting on his backpack next to his dad’s in the parking lot of some trail head after his parents dropped him off. His mom packed him two PBJ’s and his dad gave him several prepaid disposable visa cards and said this would all blow over soon. MOO.

Sigh.

This ever-expanding universe of pain did not have to happen.

Whatever Brian did or did not do to Gabby, his parents refusal to even discuss her with her family or the police eventually led to so much pressure, and Brian out in the wind now.

The van is in Florida so I do believe Brian drove it home. If he had a confederate drive it instead, that’s another person of interest drawn into this abyss.

An old Yeats poem, very well known, has the lines “Things fall apart, the center cannot hold.” That’s what this feels like, IMO.

It was already likely too late to help Gabby. But now the situation has gone from a simmer, to a boil, to an explosion. Now resources have to be split to find both of them, and the only avenue to finding her has flown away.
I don't believe Brian is "missing". I'm confident his parents know exactly where he is and I hope they're prosecuted for filing a false police report when he's found.

He's very young yet bald. That's fairly distinctive IMO.

Not really to me. Here in Southern California, I see men who look like him whose ages probably range from 20s to 40s. Same facial hair, same basic hairlines because many of them buzz their hair short. I'd have to look at someone with those features long and hard before I could even attempt to guess their age and then try to determine whether it was him or not.

By the way, how old are he and Gabby anyway? I read it somewhere but I've forgotten. (This question not directed at you, Dawg, but to the community at large.)

Joseph Petito had an incident on Sept 10 at Laudrie's home. Has anyone heard if he physically saw Brian there? I am wondering why they didn't file a missing person's until a day later on the 11th. I can't seem to find much info of what went down on the 10th to the time of the filing on the 11th.

LE brushed her mom off the first day.
From new reporter JBs conversation with Taylor from North Port Police:

JB’s final question is “are Brian’s parents cooperating?” Taylor states that they are cooperating to find Brian.

Great.
Just great.

They cooperate to find their son but not Gabby. Yep, the mob is going to get worse.

They can't legally prohibit someone from traveling when they haven't been charged with a crime. Once he's out, if the country he's in won't send him back, he could be gone for a while.

You are certainly not wrong and it is or at least I imagine it is very easy to get lost in the shuffle within a country. However….the countries at least on paper that don’t extradite to US is limited at best….and most are on different continents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore