Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents played the North Port police. Who knows what to believe? Was he there since Sept. 1st? imo.

Maybe not - what if this info came from Suffolk County?

Joseph Petito had an incident on Sept 10 at Laudrie's home. Has anyone heard if he physically saw Brian there? I am wondering why they didn't file a missing person's until a day later on the 11th. I can't seem to find much info of what went down on the 10th to the time of the filing on the 11th.

That would be impossible at this point since no one has confirmed Joe was ever
physically there.

THIS PART ABOUT HIPPA IS NOT TRUE! the mods stated this already, stop posting it and re read back threads.

Here's the official code for this question:

To respond to a request for PHI for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person; but the covered entity must limit disclosures of PHI to name and address, date and place of birth, social security number, ABO blood type and rh factor, type of injury, date and time of treatment, date and time of death, and a description of distinguishing physical characteristics. Other information related to the individual’s DNA, dental records, body fluid or tissue typing, samples, or analysis cannot be disclosed under this provision, but may be disclosed in response to a court order, warrant, or written administrative request (45 CFR 164.512(f)(2)).

505-When does the Privacy Rule allow covered entities to disclose information to law enforcement

I believe that "date and time of treatment" would include hospitalization. So it is correct that revealing hospitalization to LE is not a HIPAA violation.

POI isn't an official category. IMO, BL would have qualified as a material witness before today - and he is now definitely a missing person.

I lived in Colombia earlier this year. It's super easy to come and go with an American passport. They dropped COVID testing requirements earlier this year. Security there is also super easy- if you saran wrap your bag before checking it, they won't open it. A lot of Colombians saran wrap their bags because security is known to "lose" things of value from bags. There are no health checks, no tracing, nothing...once you're in, it's pretty easy to move around. Also, flights out of MIA are under $200. There are so many places where it's easy to come and go with just a vaccine card and a passport.
you are stating that Colombia requires a vaccine card?

Last edited:
Just wanted to bring this over.from previous thread to address NPPD, which dealt with a very important, high pressure case a little over a decade ago.

In 2008 there was an awful crime in North Port - a young mother was kidnapped from her home while her two little boys were inside -- her father was a detective with a local Sheriff's department.
Very quickly the area was flooded with helicopters and LE from multiple agencies.
She called 911 from the back seat of her abductor's car and a witness called 911 too, as she was driving she heard screaming from another car and thought it might've been a child in distress. At the time she was unaware of the kidnapping ,but the next day when she heard about it she called North Port PD to follow up- they hadn't received her 911 call /tip. It was mishandled in the 911 dispatch center. two days after the abduction she was found murdered.

Granted she was missing for two days from abduction to being found and everything that happened was very local as opposed to Gabby's case but this was a huge case for NPPD. It was incredibly personal and emotional as she was a fellow law enforcement's child.
I'm a local and remember the case very well. Heartbreaking.

a local hike? get outta town with that goose story, couldnt they come up with a better story then that?

No kidding, their son is a POI in a missing person's case, so when he puts on a backpack they just assume "Oh, he's going on a local hike". What is the problem with this family?

And Is it common in Florida to live with your parents with your girlfriend at the ages of 22, 23 years old and sell your cartoon stuff like you're 14 years old? I mean, their house is not a mansion with multiple bedrooms and floors. It looks like a very modest one-story house.

I think he drove the van back. It’s highly unlikely someone else was pulled into this case. That would be so random. There would be some kind of spotting or trace of someone else in the picture here. But, speaking of driving back aren’t there cameras on stop lights these days? Can’t the footage be pulled up to see if he was driving the van in Florida? What we don’t really know for certain is if he fled right after he came back with the van. Except that police said they knew where he was. When did they not know where he was? Tuesday?

The only place I can envision if this “hike” is remotely true is Myakkahatchee Creek Enviornmental Park, which is the only “local” spot (10 min drive) that I can think of. It’s not crazy hiking terrain, just some trails. MOO

I just love this la la land the whole family is living in. Girlfriend missing. Could have been murdered? Abducted, eaten by a mountain lion….you name it. He drives all the way back home. She’s reported missing. LE and national press are involved…..and he decides he’s going to go for a hike? The very thing he was doing half way across the country when she went missing. And the family, lawyer and anyone else around just went….ok sure. Perfectly logical and normal. Make sure to wear thick socks hunny? See you in a few hours. SMH.

Heavy sarcasm there. We all know he dipped out and went on the lamb. Still the on the surface logic or lack their of….of him and his family is truly astounding.

Just wanted to bring this over.from previous thread to address NPPD, which dealt with a very important, high pressure case a little over a decade ago.

In 2008 there was an awful crime in North Port - a young mother was kidnapped from her home while her two little boys were inside -- her father was a detective with a local Sheriff's department.
Very quickly the area was flooded with helicopters and LE from multiple agencies.
She called 911 from the back seat of her abductor's car and a witness called 911 too, as she was driving she heard screaming from another car and thought it might've been a child in distress. At the time she was unaware of the kidnapping ,but the next day when she heard about it she called North Port PD to follow up- they hadn't received her 911 call /tip. It was mishandled in the 911 dispatch center. two days after the abduction she was found murdered.

Granted she was missing for two days from abduction to being found and everything that happened was very local as opposed to Gabby's case but this was a huge case for NPPD. It was incredibly personal and emotional as she was a fellow law enforcement's child.
Did they catch the murderers? You left that part out?

Responding to:
….Josh Taylor saying ““We have never spoken a word to brian” makes me really wonder HOW THEY KNOW HES EVER BEEN HERE? Just the word of the parents and lawyer? I’m so confused. Is BRIAN being home in FL with the van on Sep 1 confirmed, or not? Can anyone answer?​

Trying to backtrack. Please help me out establishing whether police firmly KNEW he was here or just heard that from his parents/lawyers?

3 Days Ago: Gabby Petito disappearance: Van found at boyfriend's North Port family home
  • “According to police in North Port, the van was found at the home of Gabrielle's boyfriend's parents. In a statement, North Port PD said, "We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers. North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said they are not ruling anything out, including that Gabrielle may not want to be found.”
3 Days Ago, also: Gabby Petito disappearance: Boyfriend 'refusing to tell Gabby's family where he last saw her'
  • “North Port police joined the investigation, assisting agencies across multiple states to find out what happened to her now that her boyfriend and the van were located Saturday at his North Port family home.”
Sep 16: A Young Woman Vanished On A Cross-Country Trip. Her Boyfriend Is A Person Of Interest
  • “The boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, returned to their Florida home in her 2012 white Ford Transit van on Sept. 1 — 10 days before Petito's family reported her missing — according to police in the Gulf Coast town of North Port.”
Can anyone find the actual clip of law enforcement saying that? Imagine if they literally missed looking into the veracity of that, because it “wasn’t a crime” yet….
North Port Police on Twitter
E_VifWoVEAQyA-U

No kidding, their son is a POI in a missing person's case, so when he puts on a backpack they just assume "Oh, he's going on a local hike". What is the problem with this family?

And Is it common in Florida to live with your parents with your girlfriend at the ages of 22, 23 years old and sell bizarre headpieces that look like giant monster masks? And your parents are fine with you living with them while you work on your cartoon stuff? I mean, their house is not a mansion with multiple bedrooms and floors. It looks like a very modest one-story house.

His masks and head coverings are scary, IMO.

Face masks and coverings | Depop
The American Dream isn't what it used to be for previous generations.. This whole van trend alone is a sign of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0