Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I think her family knows something was wrong and her parents are pushing to go public because they don't believe she just got out of the van and walked away without contacting them. I read in one article that it was her van. So, it is especially odd to me that he would drive it home across the USA without her. Hopefully that will trigger the FBI to get involved.

Tiny house or camp living is really HARD. I hope she did just walk away from it. But I think she was in tune with both of her parents and wouldn't leave them worrying for 2+ weeks either.

bbm, if it is indeed Gabby's van, it seems to me more unlikely they had fight such that they parted ways. Gabby would have continued on and it was up to BL to find his way back to Florida.
It hasn't been reported...yet...if her belongings were in the van right?

This case is taking off! Very strange. Has anyone watched all of the videos they posted to see if their demeanor’s change? I will go start but wanted to get others’ opinions.
I thought there was a s shift in her demeanor towards the end of the videos, maybe she was tired but I got the impression something was off. JMO

I watched the YouTube video on their channel and the TikTok videos as well. They have an interesting dynamic. They seem more like really good friends or roommates rather than lovers but perhaps I'm just over analyzing it. I found that granola scene and the pacing with hands behind his back a little awkward to be honest. It's also entirely possible he just doesn't like being on camera. I get that. It said she was 22, I'm going to place him at 29-31. He doesn't look that much older than her but being bald is not helping his situation. I also noted Brian looks noticeably skinnier and also younger in that Reef Point, Utah scene as opposed to other photos posted earlier. I'm going to say money, food and space became a serious problem which lead to whatever happened here. Also that comment from Gabby's mother about not knowing where the relationship was heading and Gabby's father moving down to Vero Beach to be closer to her I find telling. This relationship wasn't as rose tinted as it appears me thinks.
^^bbm

Confirming that GP is age 22, and BL is 23. (Agree he looks older but he's not).

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

Devils advocate but if the BF DID do something to her wouldn't it be likely that he would ditch the van and make a run for it? He would have at least a couple week head start and LE would probably think (for a while anyway) that he was missing too. Coming home WITH the van seems like a not guilty thing to do.
If they broke up and went separate ways, he would likely not contact the family assuming that she would do that.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt-it seems more likely to me that they split up and she got lost or some harm befell her apart from him and now he's facing a SH**storm not of his doing.
I know that his not cooperating with LE casts doubt on this...

10 years ago, I might have said, "Very good possibility he would just run!" But today, with all the bizarre variations in intimate partner crime/issues, I'm not so sure. He obviously stayed with the van (a big investment either for him or for both of them).

Lots of murderers try to choose the "not guilty-looking" option after some reflection. Let's go over the other options, though.

1. Gabby got lost in a NP or on a trail and BF failed to report it where it happened. (??? Why?)
2. Gabby got mad, made a definitive statement about leaving BF, and stalked off into...somewhere. Where? Trail head? Camp ground? Roadside? Hotel?
3. Gabby got mad, went to cool off, never returned (and BF failed to report it where it happened).
4. Gabby and BF were hiking, she fell or otherwise became incapacitated (and BF failed to report it when it happened).
5. Gabby told BF she would hitchhike home or take a bus home, after breaking up with him during the trip. BF doesn't call her family to check on her (is angry at her enough that he wants nothing more to do with her or her family?) and has not been heard of since. BF doesn't find it necessary to let the family know this, even now.
6. BF knows exactly where she is and that she's dead and not coming home and figures he needs a lawyer at his side while talking to LE, which he will do, one way or another, eventually (will he make LE get a subpoena?) For example, maybe she ran into a bad actor, BF knows this, but realizes he will himself be a suspect, as he can't identify the stranger.
7. BF knows exactly where she is, because he killed or harmed her, and therefore has lawyered up.

He may feel he needs to be on his home turf to cope with any of these scenarios. It will be treated as missing persons case in her old hometown, I would imagine (surely she had some kind of permanent address somewhere - although if completely off the grid, maybe not).

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

Gabrielle Petito, 22, and Brian Laundrie, 23
, hit the road on July 2, driving their white 2012 Ford Transit Connect from their home in North Port, Florida, to the Monument Rocks formation in Kansas, then making their way to Colorado’s Great Sand Dunes National Park. From there, they headed to the Zion, Bryce, and Canyonlands national parks in Utah.

“After our first cross country trip in a little Nissan Sentra, we both decided we to wanted downsize our lives and travel full time, but trying to fit everything for two people into the tiny little trunk of the car, also spending way too much on gas, food, and Airbnb, was not the road to take,” the pair wrote on their shared YouTube page. “We quickly realized we had to come up with a solution if we wanted to continue traveling and living nomadically, so that’s why we handcrafted our own tiny van...utilizing space with unique designs and features. Creating a space for both artistic expression and distance hiking. Thank you so much for watching, and we hope you tag along on our journey wherever the van takes us!”

Here's the link, LeeJay55.

North Port Police Department

5glSo1g smeldihns ·

The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing.
"The Suffolk County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.
Gabrielle Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Petito and a companion were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. The van she was traveling in has been recovered.
Petito, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”
Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous."
We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers.
In addition The FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. You can also call 1-800 CALL FBI or submit your tip to: tips.fbi.gov.
Just in case we need this link:

Welcome to Sarasota County Sheriff's, FL

@LeeJay55 you have time to edit your post and add the actual link to NorthPort PD (above) so that you meet WS TOS requirement of a link. this is good information and i find locals sometimes know a lot and comment on these site. Thanks for bringing it here and glad to have a local for Gabby.
JMO
Fantastic -- 3 agencies are involved already including Suffolk County, NY LE, North Port PD, and FBI.

1)We don't know that he didn't go looking for her.
2)A person her age has to be missing longer than 2 hours to report it.Besides that he's in another state and most likely scared.

So scared that he never reports her missing and just drives to the other side of the country? Why is he so scared?

Most people would want to find their fiancée. Heck, most people would report a lost dog - or a lost friend.

2 women were recently killed in Moab also and that crime is unsolved. I need to check dates, but it was in August!

The two women in Moab had mentioned a creeper somewhat earlier, and on local forums (Moab forums), two other women had mention a "ghost creeper" guy in the area where the two women were killed - two months earlier.

The area where the two women were killed was not a place marked as a campground or camping spot - locals believe that hardly anyone but longer term locals knew about that area. Gabby's posts seem to indicate they were in Moab for only one night...

Moab has this fairly large campground just outside of town (not far from the dual murders) where van lifers congregate. The workers of Moab tend to want to find less crowded places - the murdered couple fall into that category.

I think she was probably kidnapped while using a public facility or a vending machine and when she never returned ,her bf panicked.He waited a few days to see if she might show up and when she didn't he sweated bullets wondering what he should do next ,and worried about being accused of her disappearance and facing the hell that goes along with it.He waited till he was safely home before saying anything because he was scared.

I cannot imagine a scenario where a man’s fiancée is kidnapped and he would wait a few days to see if she returned. Nope.

North Port Police Department
1 hr ·
The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing.
"The Suffolk County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.

Gabrielle Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

Petito and a companion were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. The van she was traveling in has been recovered.
Petito, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”

Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous."

We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers.

In addition The FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. You can also call 1-800 CALL FBI or submit your tip to: tips.fbi.gov.

Police | North Port, FL

I cannot help but wonder if perhaps things were going south for the couple and shortly after her conversation with mom, they both agreed to head back to Florida. Beginning the journey back, being awkward and tense, she didn't call her mom right away because she wanted to do so when he was out of earshot or perhaps waited to tell anyone in case they made up in a day or two.

But somewhere on the way back, tempers flared leading to her death. She could be anywhere if that's the case. Apparently she "liked" her stepfather's post on August 27. Granted, it could be BF that liked the post, but she may have also been very much alive.

It is known that their pics and comments were becoming less and less frequent in August. Some people shut down when major stess hits.

Devils advocate but if the BF DID do something to her wouldn't it be likely that he would ditch the van and make a run for it? He would have at least a couple week head start and LE would probably think (for a while anyway) that he was missing too. Coming home WITH the van seems like a not guilty thing to do.
If they broke up and went separate ways, he would likely not contact the family assuming that she would do that.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt-it seems more likely to me that they split up and she got lost or some harm befell her apart from him and now he's facing a <modsnip> storm not of his doing.
I know that his not cooperating with LE casts doubt on this...
IF they did break up, why does he get the van? It was HER van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet