Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My god-daughter decided to take off with her husband and live out of a motorhome. They sold 2 cars to buy the motorhome and took off on their grand adventure. They had a grand adventure, but definitely got on each other's nerves. They are very social people, so they made friends along the way which helped break up some of the tension. They thought they could go across the country and back, but they did run out of money. Even cooking canned foods and being frugal, they ran out of money. She said it did cause some contention with them, but they BOTH made it back at the end of the trip. They had to stop and earn some dough to return home though.

This case looks terrible because if you love someone, you don't return home without your SO. IF it was a fight and she left, you call her parents and tell them what happened so they can check up on her. Also, IF she was lost or a she took off, there would be absolutely NO reason for her to not contact her parents. IF she committed suicide in front of him, he would have no reason not to report it. This one is unfortunately so easy to read - lawyering up, refusing to talk, putting time and distance between him and her... There is a LOT of ground to cover. Unfortunately, in YNP, there are the hot pots / geysers that are extremely hot! IF they made it to the Tetons, YNP isn't much further...

From Ogden to Teton's is around 4 hours. There is a lot of country to see between these two destinations. I sincerely hope the van is equipped with some GPS monitoring so they can see when it stopped, when the doors opened, etc. The case of Barry Morphew is incredible in the amount of information from a vehicle. I sincerely hope with the FBI working this case, they have enough to find her. He may think he is smart by not talking, but guilt can be a horrible horrible thing to live with. I sincerely hope he doesn't take the cowards way out before Gabby is found. I could NEVER help a child stay away from justice in a case like this. I hope that his parents help him do the right thing.

I follow a YNP FB page and her uncle posted about her on that page. Her family is obviously and extremely desperate. He says the van was impounded. That would make sense. Her happy and sweet demeanor has drawn me right in. She reminds me of my god-daughter in so many ways. I am praying for her to be found and for my suspicions to be soooo wrong. I am hoping and praying for you Gabby!

I can't see any bf I ever had calling my parents and telling them about a fight we had and to check up on me. Most couples like to keep their fights private from their parents.Just my opinion.

I can't see any bf I ever had calling my parents and telling them about a fight we had and to check up on me. Most couples like to keep their fights private from their parents.Just my opinion.

Even if you disappeared and he couldn't find you at all? Surely any BF would alert local authorities to the missing person, even if a fight?

And then alert partner's family members, even if omitting the fight?

If all he knew is that she left and hasn't heard from her there isn't much else he can say.They were probably bombarding him with hundreds of personal questions for hours.He wants them to focus on looking for her and not waste time on him because he doesn't know where she is.It was smart for him to get a lawyer.

Um - he can say where that happened? And he should have reported it to people who could then look for her. That's a no-brainer to me.

There's LOTS more he could have done. CF the Esther Dingley case.

Mom of missing Long Island woman: 'I believe she's going to come home'

“I believe a mother’s instinct is the most powerful,” Nicole Schmidt said during a press conference at her attorney’s office. “I believe she’s going to come home.”

Schmidt said Laundrie and her daughter attended high school together and later “rekindled” their relationship — and had been living together in Florida for 2 1/2 years.

She would not confirm reports that the two were engaged.

“As a mom, I had concerns about a daughter going on a road trip in general, but I felt safe, they were together,” she said. “They had a plan, an itinerary, and we were excited for them. Everyone wanted to be doing what they were doing.

“I think she was the kind of person who was free,” Schmidt added. “She went where the day took her. She didn’t have a plan. This was a plan, but what was next, we don’t know.”

Schmidt said the couple left from New York on July 2 and were due to wrap up their trip by visiting friends in Portland at the end of October.

Schmidt’s husband, Joe Petito, also sent their daughter a personal message.

“Gabby, we just want you to come home,” he said. “Call us. Let us know you’re OK. Come home, please.”

Very encouraging and hopeful. I’m praying she does come home. And not in a body bag.

I would imagine it would be difficult trying to be around someone 24hrs a day, considering you've never lived together before. And, yeah after 8 wks...look out, your nerves are wearing thin.

It could have been just a minor disagreement that got out of hand w/some pushing and shoving...

jmo
BBM They lived together in Florida.

Remembering the case around Bullhead City Az. with the two married people, and he says she "walked away" barefoot carrying an open can of beer to the van, and he never saw her again. Weird story too, and I don't think it was ever solved. They lived in that border city of Az, but were in the California desert not too far away. And yes, people did point to another missing woman nearby around the same time. Lots of people theorized she hitchhiked in the sweltering heat, barefoot & holding a beer can??
Barbara Thomas - her bones were found......

Found Deceased - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #14

47871519-9986945-image-a-8_1631564662285.jpg

Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

Do they have jobs?
Unless.parents are supporting one of them where.does the money come from?
This is what I've been wondering from the get-go. How could they have jobs if they took two multi-month road trips two years in a row? Did they figure out how to monetize their posting on social media? What could their income source/s be, other than parents? Was he independently wealthy? Grasping at straws here, in the absence of any info re: their financing.

When I watched the video I also saw a disconnect, especially the last video. Idk spending that much time together in that confined of a space I would imagine they could get on each others nerves. JMO
They'd already been on one cross-country trip in 2020, in a much smaller vehicle, according to one of the articles linked earlier. So if they tended to get on each other's nerves, they'd know that. Gabby said, the trip in the small car was the reason for them getting the van and converting it to a camper. They were enjoying being close to nature, until the smoke from the fires out west started to put a damper on their enjoyment.
A 22-year-old woman who documented her cross-country road trip on YouTube has been reported missing after her fiancé returned without her

Long Island woman Gabby Petito missing after cross-country trip with boyfriend

Last edited:
Digital tracking will be so important in this case. I'm hoping they had a Garmin GPS. But I guess it won't be helpful if the boyfriend did a factory reset. I think Google map info from their cellphone will be retrievable directly from Google? The west is so vast though. I fear it might take a confession or dumb luck to find Gabby.

Unless he knew she left with someone else, she was on foot and alone - in or near a National Park where wildlife abound. I might buy that he’d think she went for a walk for an hour or so. By dark, he would be panicked and look for her and if he couldn’t find her, he would seek help.

Unless it was late night or early morning while still dark.Noone goes for a walk by themselves in the dark in the woods in a strange place.You might walk to the bathroom or vending machine in the dark but nowhere else.If he discovered her missing while it was still dark outside ,he would be hoping that she went somewhere with someone and would be back soon.After awhile he would get worried when she never shows up but kept hoping and praying that she would show up and have a good reason why.Also, sometimes you think you know someone and you don't really know them at all.I had a bf that I thought everything was fine with.One day he left to go buy us some milk (on foot) and never returned,lol.

Is anyone else finding it unusual they spent almost 6 weeks in Utah? I mean they were in Monument Rocks, Colorado on July 4th then Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado on July 10th-11th then the next Instagram post is July 16 from Zion then they're checking out of a Salt Lake City, Utah motel on.. August 25th!? There's also some high strangeness going on with those Instagram captions as well. Distinct shifts in the prose. Not saying Brian was posting them to Gabby's account but they feel almost like shameless self-promotions of Brian. Like going on about footwear, equipment, etc. Some are very short and to the point, some even with just emojis and then others are these very well written, descriptive narratives. Hmm.

Is anyone else finding it unusual they spent almost 6 weeks in Utah? I mean they were in Monument Rocks, Colorado on July 4th then Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado on July 10th-11th then the next Instagram post is July 16 from Zion then they're checking out of a Salt Lake City, Utah motel on.. August 25th!? There's also some high strangeness going on with those Instagram captions as well. Distinct shifts in the prose. Not saying Brian was posting them to Gabby's account but they feel almost like shameless self-promotions of Brian. Like going on about footwear, equipment, etc. Some are very short and to the point, some even with just emojis and then others are these very well written, descriptive narratives. Hmm.

Not really. There are a LOT of National parks and areas to explore in Utah. Their pictures document this. Moab, Arches, Zion's, Capital Reef, SLC (mountains), etc...

and refusing to cooperate and getting a lawyer does not bode well for this missing young woman IMO. It's very simple if there was a fight just say so - but to drive off and leave and not know where your fiance is ? not a good look

JMO
Fiancé of missing road-tripper 'hires lawyer & won't work with cops'
I'm not sure, having never had to hire a lawyer under potentially incriminating circustances, but isn't part of the point of hiring a lawyer --to turn over all inquiries to your legal counsel? You're not supposed to speak to authorities or anyone else (who could pass info on to authorities), without your lawyer's ok.

Wow that press conference I just don't know what to make of it. They didn't want to comment at all on him, what he did, said, and they kept saying they were only looking for her. I'm not sure I've ever seen it done like that with zero mention of him or the suspiciousness of it. She didn't want to talk about suspecting the final text wasn't from her or what it said. Nothing. I wonder if LE told them to not talk about him or ?

I think it's important to look for evidence of them being together. I mean they traveled together until this point so anyone seeing them together and maybe seeing anything suspicious would be good to know what he looks like and when he left to return home.. any camera footage from places they were together, etc.

From the presser by Gabby's mom: BL/GP attended HS together in NY. They reconnected a few years ago and GP moved to Florida to be with him. GP has been living in Florida for about 2.5 years.

Mom would not confirm any details about BL. She never spoke his name.

The hotel makes sense to me. If they left July 2 & dad bought them Uber food in SLC Aug 21, they’d been van-camping 6 weeks. At that point a shower, normal bed, air-conditioning & nice meal would be welcome. Backpackers on Appalachian Trail or PCT, etc take hotel breaks to recoup. By itself, seems normal. Really want to know what snapped in Tetons. Jmho
Plus, in the SW it can be hot at night, so sleeping in a van in Utah or CO could be uncomfortable. Denver's been in the 90's for 3 months during the day, and doesn't cool off until after midnight. A bit of A/C, especially during forest fire season in the far West blowing smoke their way, could be a big relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin