Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it was late night or early morning while still dark.Noone goes for a walk by themselves in the dark in the woods in a strange place.You might walk to the bathroom or vending machine in the dark but nowhere else.If he discovered her missing while it was still dark outside ,he would be hoping that she went somewhere with someone and would be back soon.After awhile he would get worried when she never shows up but kept hoping and praying that she would show up and have a good reason why.Also, sometimes you think you know someone and you don't really know them at all.I had a bf that I thought everything was fine with.One day he left to go buy us some milk (on foot) and never returned,lol.

Possible I suppose. But why wait until he’s back in Florida to report it? After presumably looking for her and not finding her - even after an argument - why not contact her family? I believe you suggested upthread she might have been abducted. That’s also possible, but again, why would the boyfriend wait 2 weeks to report it, or perhaps not report it at all and wait for her parents to raise alarms? Even if they are just laid back, go with the flow, do your own thing kind of people.. she’s alone, without a vehicle. This is a young couple on an Instagram-worthy trip of a lifetime, not hardcore lifetime nomads.

re: DailyMail video -

The mother stating that "She could be alone somewhere... She could be stranded somewhere in the wilderness" makes me think that they think it's at least possible that BF could have simply left her somewhere. (Whether that's something he said or something implied from her last conversations/texts).

The hesitation on the engagement question makes me think that GP was at least considering calling it off. Since they obviously were engaged according to GP's social media, it should have been a straightforward yes/no answer.

Not really. There are a LOT of National parks and areas to explore in Utah. Their pictures document this. Moab, Arches, Zion's, Capital Reef, SLC (mountains), etc...

That's very true, there is a lot to see in Utah alone but my goodness I would be over all of that and on to other States in 7-10 days max. Still, Gabby's mother did say in the interview they planned to end the road trip in October in Oregon so I guess they had plenty of time to spare for each place they planned on visiting.

Possible I suppose. But why wait until he’s back in Florida to report it? After presumably looking for her and not finding her - even after an argument - why not contact her family? I believe you suggested upthread she might have been abducted. That’s also possible, but again, why would the boyfriend wait 2 weeks to report it, or perhaps not report it at all and wait for her parents to raise alarms? Even if they are just laid back, go with the flow, do your own thing kind of people.. she’s alone, without a vehicle. This is a young couple on an Instagram-worthy trip of a lifetime, not hardcore lifetime nomads.

Although it was not in the best interest of his gf, he probably wanted to wait till he got home before he said anything as he knew the accusations would be attacking him left and right and wanted to be home for his own safety before the SHTF.
He also could have been hoping that she just went home.

It's all pointing in a very dark direction. They seemed to be a very close couple living their best 'insta' life. He obviously has strong views about the environment and protecting the planet - she may have spent less time on such statements but she was obviously loving the places they were visiting and sleeping under the stars. In several of the posts they mention meeting quite a few people on the most popular trails to the landmarks - waiting to take turns to have their photos taken or getting someone else to take their picture together. Yet I imagine that a lot camping grounds and less famous destinations in the parks would be very empty.

I'm afraid there is no way I can imagine that two people in such an environment would just leave each other or go their separate ways if they had an argument. Even if they had a big row there's no way a man could let a woman walk off on her own. However beautiful these are not safe environments to leave a woman on her own. She would know she couldn't just head off on her own.

Of course its possible that they could have had an argument or she made friends with other people and decided to leave with them. But if that was the case she would have been in communication with her Mum and he would have told her family and the police that.

I can't quite imagine what was on his mind to return home alone with no explanation at all. It is not encouraging at all. I fear the worst.

It was Gabby's mom who reported her missing right? Not BL.
Yes, GP's mother reported her daughter missing to Suffolk County, NY PD on Saturday night and North Port, FL PD and FBI are also working together with NY. NP PD confirmed the vehicle (travel van) has been located in NP. It's believed that BL drove the vehicle back to Florida but GP did not travel with him and the van.

It's all pointing in a very dark direction. They seemed to be a very close couple living their best 'insta' life. He obviously has strong views about the environment and protecting the planet - she may have spent less time on such statements but she was obviously loving the places they were visiting and sleeping under the stars. In several of the posts they mention meeting quite a few people on the most popular trails to the landmarks - waiting to take turns to have their photos taken or getting someone else to take their picture together. Yet I imagine that a lot camping grounds and less famous destinations in the parks would be very empty.

I'm afraid there is no way I can imagine that two people in such an environment would just leave each other or go their separate ways if they had an argument. Even if they had a big row there's no way a man could let a woman walk off on her own. However beautiful these are not safe environments to leave a woman on her own. She would know she couldn't just head off on her own.

Of course its possible that they could have had an argument or she made friends with other people and decided to leave with them. But if that was the case she would have been in communication with her Mum and he would have told her family and the police that.

I can't quite imagine what was on his mind to return home alone with no explanation at all. It is not encouraging at all. I fear the worst.

As young and beautiful as she was.it would be very unsafe for her to go anywhere alone actually.Just my opinion.

Looking more at their social media, I wonder if they took some drugs while out in the wilderness and she wandered off? He may have passed out and awoke, not knowing her location. He freaks out and drives home, not wanting to be an accessory to her disappearance if they consumed drugs together. Taking psychedelics in nature is quite common.

I know this is a stretch, but their social media seemed to be very happy. Then again, no one is "keepin' it real" on social media accounts where you're trying to be cute & get sponsorships.

Her own dad described her as a "very very very freespirit." It leads me to believe drugs may have been involved.

A renegade version of Burning Man was held in northern Nevada right after she disappeared, August 29 to September 6. It's not a far drive from Utah - maybe 6 to 8 hours. It was 100% free this year, so would appeal to "vanlife" folks. There were 20,000 people out in the Black Rock Desert partying. I’ve been to Burning Man and it’s very easy to lose your (inebriated) friends out there.

47871519-9986945-image-a-8_1631564662285.jpg

Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

Ok. I'm now on board with something being very wrong. No excuses for not being the one to report her missing.

And I trust that mom's know when something is amiss.

Thank goodness this one's getting quick attention.

Looking more at their social media, I wonder if they took some drugs while out in the wilderness and she wandered off? He may have passed out and awoke, not knowing her location. He freaks out and drives home, not wanting to be an accessory to her disappearance if they consumed drugs together. Taking psychedelics in nature is quite common.

I know this is a stretch, but their social media seemed to be very happy. Then again, no one is "keepin' it real" on social media accounts where you're trying to be cute & get sponsorships.

Her own dad described her as a "very very very freespirit." It leads me to believe drugs may have been involved.

A renegade version of Burning Man was held in northern Nevada right after she disappeared, August 29 to September 6. It's not a far drive from Utah - maybe 6 to 8 hours. It was 100% free this year, so would appeal to "vanlife" folks. There were 20,000 people out in the Black Rock Desert partying. I’ve been to Burning Man and it’s very easy to lose your (inebriated) friends out there.

I'm going to agree with you here!
Was my first thought
My son a d DIL are or were.carbon copies.of there 2
Very bad ending for them also!
Sad!

I have to admit I'm not surprised BL got a lawyer. Obviously he knew he would be questioned upon his return with out Gabby. Many of us have said that we would NOT speak to LE without one. But he has one now and yet he still won't speak to them. That I have to say is worrisome. If anything did happen while they were on the road, there is sooooo much area to cover. Way beyond a needle in a haystack. JMO

As a criminal defense investigator, I can say that his wisest move was to refuse to answer any questions and lawyer up. Just to clarify, exercising your right to remain silent doesn't make you uncooperative technically. That is just a way police try to pressure you to entice an emotional response from you to try to get you to talk even after you've invoked your right to remain silent. In the court of public opinion, this guy is guilty of something. I hope for her safe return but given the totality of the circumstances one would be hard pressed to believe that she is going to be found safe and sound at this point.

Personally I would NEVER talk to the police without an attorney in the first place, but my general rule is I don't answer any questions from the police under any circumstances regardless of their intention or purpose.

Remembering the case around Bullhead City Az. with the two married people, and he says she "walked away" barefoot carrying an open can of beer to the van, and he never saw her again. Weird story too, and I don't think it was ever solved. They lived in that border city of Az, but were in the California desert not too far away. And yes, people did point to another missing woman nearby around the same time. Lots of people theorized she hitchhiked in the sweltering heat, barefoot & holding a beer can??

She was found and initial LE response was no foul play, probable heat stroke (Barbara Thomas). She went the wrong way at a trail intersection and ended up about a mile north and on the opposite side of the highway from the search area.

It was indeed odd that her husband did not come back to search or put up posters. I mean, he must have known she had perished (although he hoped it was a hitchhiking/abduction event at first - trying to believe she was alive). But no, she was found, apparently, wearing what he said she was wearing and in a manner consistent with her being impaired cognitively by heat (and perhaps beer), anyway, found about a year later.

She wasn't barefoot, though - she was wearing hiking boots and a bikini.

If this hasn't been stated yet, I believe that the unemployment benefits and Covid relief money would have given them more than enough to travel. You can camp cheaply at some of those camp sites. At least cheaper than staying in hotels during peak season.

This whole story is sadly suspicious, I pray she turns up soon.

I can't imagine if there was a drug related incident out in Utah that he managed to drive all the way back to Florida leaving behind someone he loves and wants to marry. I'm guessing here but that's around a 65 hour drive right? To go home without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932