Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but they’d need cause for a warrant. I haven’t seen any official reference to it being a missing person case yet let alone any mentions of POI. But obviously all those things could be true as of now just being kept from the media.

MSM seems to be implying there’s a MP case and I think it’s safe to assume the FBI being involved implies that too. Imo

Gabby Petito disappearance: 22-year-old woman goes missing on van trip with fiancé, family says
“Schmidt said the family reached out to law enforcement agencies in Florida and New York. Police in Suffolk County agreed to file a missing person’s report on Sunday. They are asking anyone with information about Petito’s whereabouts to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.”
———————
“The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing”

Given she’s 22… I wonder if she was communicating with anyone else (friends, extended relatives, etc) since the time she got off the phone and the time she sent her last texts to her mother. If he did do something to her, I highly doubt random apps she might use to chat would be checked on and responded to (Like Snapchat or Instagram?)

Moo, might not be applicable.

I’m a bit behind on messages, has her phone been found or pinged yet?

Also wondering if any people who were around Grand Teton remember seeing anyone like them around that time.

MOO

I haven’t seen any reference to the whereabouts of her phone. Of course, LE probably has plenty of information that they feel no need to share with the general public. (Quite rightly so, in my opinion.)

For one thing, if they have any suspicion that this is a criminal case, they certainly don’t want their suspect knowing what they know.

MOO

They didn't really have a lot of followers built up to monetize from what I can see.

Also, it's very hard to monetize. You can't monetize on YouTube until you reach 1,000 subscribers. They have a little over 1,000. The only video on there has over 200k views but most of those likely came after she was missing. She has a lot of Instagram followers but I didn't see any paid promotion posts. Unlikely they were making any money from their travel posts. Monetizing social media is hard and it a climb that can take years unless you go viral and even then it's often small amounts.

I completely agree. They had that one video on YouTube and it really only got hits because of all this. Even the nomadicstatik.com website they made links directly to the YouTube channel. I did notice in some of their captions on Instagram they were tagging shoe brands and camping equipment which got me thinking they were trying to get some kind of sponsorship or at least get "noticed." I should have specified too in that post when I said "I think the money ran out faster than they had anticipated." I meant the money they had saved up for the trip from their jobs. I saw someone posted a Fox News article last night stating that Gabby and Brian both worked at the grocery store Publix.

MSM seems to be implying there’s a MP case and I think it’s safe to assume the FBI being involved implies that too. Imo

Gabby Petito disappearance: 22-year-old woman goes missing on van trip with fiancé, family says
“Schmidt said the family reached out to law enforcement agencies in Florida and New York. Police in Suffolk County agreed to file a missing person’s report on Sunday. They are asking anyone with information about Petito’s whereabouts to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.”
———————
“The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing”
Gotcha! I missed the part about the FBI. Interesting. Hopefully we get more info soon.

I imagine they are poring over her phone records now, and using those to track down surveillance footage (from following a lot of cases like this, it doesn’t seem to take long).

As far as his phone goes, I imagine they’ve executed a search warrant to download it. That data is far more specific than anything that can be obtained from the phone company itself (which they would have to do for her phone, and would also do for his).

Obviously, I trust your speculations! Thank you!

He has a community interest in it though, he took care of any maintenance, and helped fix it up to make it road trip worthy. And plenty of couples will put things in just one person’s name on a title or deed, even a house. He put plenty of time and money into it, the paperwork ownership of the vehicle seems moot since everyone knows it was something they did together.

Not in most states, unless the two are married. And even then, community property doesn't apply to things and money owned before the marriage, only gained after the marriage.

Where is your source that he took care of maintenance? There are instas involving Gabby's designs and set up of the van (and it was her car she sold so that she could get the van). Unless you're sleuthing him, which isn't allowed, you need to make it clear that "he took care of the maintenance" is a fact.

"He put plenty of time and money into it." Needs an MSM source - is there one?

I agree with a previous poster that most likely scenario is something bad happened and he called mommy and daddy in panic and they instructed him to drive home immediately and they hired him a lawyer.

Sadly this is all too common in these cases. Baby boy messes up and mom and dad are scrambling to clean it up. Moooooo

Like with van der Sloot

I completely agree. They had that one video on YouTube and it really only got hits because of all this. Even the nomadicstatik.com website they made links directly to the YouTube channel. I did notice in some of their captions on Instagram they were tagging shoe brands and camping equipment which got me thinking they were trying to get some kind of sponsorship or at least get "noticed." I should have specified too in that post when I said "I think the money ran out faster than they had anticipated." I meant the money they had saved up for the trip from their jobs. I saw someone posted a Fox News article last night stating that Gabby and Brian both worked at the grocery store Publix.
Question… since how much money they did or didn’t have seems to be a major point of interest in this thread… how much money would they have really needed for a trip like this? Yes, length of intended time on the road (3 months) is significant but they really just needed gas money. Some money to replenish food. And I guess a hotel stay every now and then. If they were living at their respective parents houses then they had no bills prior to this outing so it’s possible their collective grocery store gigs was enough to front the entire trip assuming they saved every penny. Maybe not so much his parents but I imagine if a young girl were to tell her parents she was going on a trip such as this they’d have made sure she had the money she needed, especially in the event of an emergency. especially a girl from Suffolk county.

Last edited:
If all he knew is that she left and hasn't heard from her there isn't much else he can say.They were probably bombarding him with hundreds of personal questions for hours.He wants them to focus on looking for her and not waste time on him because he doesn't know where she is.It was smart for him to get a lawyer."

It's always smart to have a lawyer. My guess is most lawyers, who heard a completely reasonable story from their client, would help their client tell that perfectly reasonable story to the police. Likewise most lawyers who heard a story full of holes would tell their client to shut-up and see what LE can come up with for the trial. The least likely way for him to get LE to focus on finding her and not on him is to get a lawyer and stop cooperating.

I mean it is of course entirely possible that the scenario you imply is in fact true, I don't think so but of course I don't know.

Page 26, post #515. It's still there.

I can't find video either.

#MISSING UPDATE: "We have attempted to speak with Brian [Laundrie], so far his family has given us the number of their attorney."
North Port Police Department in Florida confirms the van Gabby Petito was travelling in with her boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, was seized. The van was found at the home of Laundrie's parents.
However, they say no sign of Petito was found with either Laundrie or the van. It appears Laundrie returned to Florida without Petito.
Coming up at 10 p.m. Ashley Moser will have the full update and message from North Port Police to Laundrie.
North Port Police are assisting the Suffolk County Police Department in the investigation.

I guess you've never had an angry girlfriend get out of the (her) car you (the bf) are driving and state she is walking home! ;)

My experience in life and in following stories on websleuths is that we often have this expectation that people always behave clear-headed and logically (and make our judgements based on that)... when in reality people do a lot of illogical things... and I'd say that is especially true for younger "madly in love" people.

The boyfriend's story is going to be the #1 clue.

I think the mother speaking to Gabby on the 24th is also pretty important. It seems to me some of the 'sleuthing' of social media posts made before then, etc.. is probably not going to turn out to be particularly relevant.

Hmm. I've been the scared girlfriend you got out of the car (anger came later). But a person still doesn't abandon their partner thousands of miles from home. If Gabby did state that she was walking home from Grand Teton National Park to New York, then her mental status needs to be a part of this. But that's not what we know. I really don't like that Gabby is being characterized as someone with such a crazy idea - she had to have known she couldn't just walk home!

Yes, people do illogical things. The boyfriend's story is not being made available - even to LE, that we know of, as they say he is not cooperating (unless that changed in the past 18 hours).

Yes, the 24th is the last "proof of life" for Gabby - and mom says Gabby said she was in Grand Teton NP. LE will figure out if she ever made it to Yellowstone. Hopefully that will give a rough search area. I don't think a 2012 Ford Transit has any GPS on it, and I am guessing Gabby was using an iPhone or an Android for her blogging and Insta uploads. That will be a crucial piece of evidence.

The campground at Grand Teton is next to a fairly large lake. If she was able to call from there, the phone pinged there. Where did it ping next?

I'm only about halfway through the thread but I wanted to comment that I have thoughts similar to many of the posts here. What a strange case.

I want to know whether the bf knew she was missing when he left for Florida.

I've also had a mental scenario that they met up with some Burners on their way to Black Rock and she wanted to go check it out and he didn't. Burning Man was made by and for free spirits and I can see Gabby being drawn to it. She might not have been able to convince him to go (it's not for everyone, being one of the harshest deserts on the planet) and so they decided to split up and then meet up in a couple weeks at one of their future planned stopping points (do we know what was next after Yellowstone?). Anyway, he could have left her feeling that everything was fine, they could use some time apart, and on he goes to hike etc. and meet back up with her closer to Portland. So far, so good.

<modsnip - bashing the bf is not allowed at this point>

WRT him hiring an attorney, I'm giving him 50% side-eye on that one, because even if he truly had no hand in her disappearance, he's still in a legal pickle. As a former paralegal and daughter of LE officers, if he were my grandson, I would advise him/his parents to hire someone to help him navigate his dealings with law enforcement.

Where are you Gabby??????

There was no Burn this year

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Police in Florida were seen dropping off a pink envelope at the home of missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito‘s boyfriend — as authorities say they’re preparing for the possibility that something “sinister” has happened to her.

<snip>

Exclusive photos obtained by The Post show cops dropping off an envelope outside Laundrie’s home.
E0E9D4A0-F1A6-4913-A82E-9E957E95A0DD.jpeg 0301DF2A-A27B-4A2C-A041-2E9214C288C2.jpeg

North Port police said they attempted to talk to Laundrie, but were rebuffed by his parents, who put them in touch with his attorney.

“We talked with his parents, who did not make him available,” North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor told The Post.

Taylor denied a report that authorities had made contact with Laundrie directly.

“We would love to [talk to him]. He certainly has whatever rights he has available. We will see how it goes, we are roughly 72 hours into this,” he said.

<snip>

Meanwhile, police have seized the converted van the couple had been traveling in from his home.

“It’s here at the police department. It will be processed with the FBI,” Taylor said.

In a text message to The Post on Tuesday, Petito’s father, Joe, said that authorities were combing through data as part of their search for his daughter.

“I was told a lot of great work was done yesterday by the FBI, but they’re still going through a lot of data,” he said. “Everyone has been amazing in helping to try to find Gabby.”

Last edited:
New article reports on the lawyer retained by Gabby's traveling companion.

Mother of YouTuber missing after road trip with boyfriend makes emotional appeal for her safe return

Steven Bertolino appears to be a full spectrum attorney. Link: The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

Interesting that BL's Florida family hired a NY attorney. Perhaps because her missing person case is based there? If BL and GP went to highschool together in NY I assume his family lived there at one point so maybe it's an attorney known to them.

This is one of the stranger situations I have followed …

1) weird that he would leave his social media profiles as public

2) weird that he would drive home without her … but did he in fact drive home without her? We have only heard that BL arrived home alone … does not mean he left her out west

3) Weird that no friends have come forward and only family to speak publicly have been parents

4) Weird that no one is commenting on the nature of their relationship …. GP dad refused to

5) Weird comment from the dad

a. I want to keep the focus on finding [Gabby],” Joe Petito told The Post amid questions about what happened to his daughter. “[Laundrie] doesn’t matter. The van [they were in] doesn’t matter.

b. “Don’t focus on the crap, focus on finding her. I can’t implore that enough. All of the crap afterward will sort itself out. Please find her. I beg you,” the dad said, addressing authorities and the public

6) Weird that …. if she spoke to her family as often as claimed why would the family wait until sept 11 to report her missing? That is 11 days .. from the 31st – 10th …. a few days out of touch I can understand … but they waited 11 days … after day 6, I would have been calling everyone … mom says she became concerned around day 8 – 9 after not getting a response from her

7) Pretty loooong drive back to Florida … has to be tons of video of the van on its way back … if I had done something malicious there’s no way I would be able to drive any kind of distance close to that while simultaneously forming a plan with my parents

8) Under any circumstance I would retain counsel – it implies absolutely nothing – <modsnip - bashing LE is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabby Petito disappearance: Florida police visit home of boyfriend, leave envelope

Exclusive photos obtained by The Post show cops dropping off an envelope outside Laundrie’s home. North Port police spokesman Josh Taylor said he wasn’t aware of the envelope dropoff Tuesday.

In a text message to The Post on Tuesday, Petito’s father, Joe, said that authorities were combing through data as part of their search for his daughter.

"I was told a lot of great work was done yesterday by the FBI, but they’re still going through a lot of data," he said. "Everyone has been amazing in helping to try to find Gabby."

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Last edited:
  • Aug. 25: Schmidt says the couple's van is spotted at Grand Teton National Park.
  • Aug. 25-27: Schmidt says she doesn't know where Petito is. It is assumed the couple leaves Wyoming headed for Yellowstone National Park, but it is unclear if they made it.
Do we know that Gabby was actually spotted inside the van on Aug 25, in the Grand Teton National Park?
The last time she was seen in person by FaceTime with her mom was Aug 24 or 25. If the 25th, was she seen in the in the van after the FaceTime ?
Seems unclear whether they both were in Yellowstone National Park.
Hoping that authorities are checking all cameras after Aug 25.

It's such a huge area to search, with helicopters and drones.

Not in most states, unless the two are married. And even then, community property doesn't apply to things and money owned before the marriage, only gained after the marriage.

Where is your source that he took care of maintenance? There are instas involving Gabby's designs and set up of the van (and it was her car she sold so that she could get the van). Unless you're sleuthing him, which isn't allowed, you need to make it clear that "he took care of the maintenance" is a fact.

"He put plenty of time and money into it." Needs an MSM source - is there one?

"Laundrie had done most of the mechanical work on their van, and Gabby had refurbished the interior, according to Foster, who said he enjoyed comparing tattoos with Gabby. When Laundrie asked Foster if he’d like to have a skateboard he no longer needed, Foster eagerly accepted."

This ‘Van-Life’ Couple Went on a Cross-Country Trip Out West. Only He Came Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95