Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only about halfway through the thread but I wanted to comment that I have thoughts similar to many of the posts here. What a strange case.

I want to know whether the bf knew she was missing when he left for Florida.

I've also had a mental scenario that they met up with some Burners on their way to Black Rock and she wanted to go check it out and he didn't. Burning Man was made by and for free spirits and I can see Gabby being drawn to it. She might not have been able to convince him to go (it's not for everyone, being one of the harshest deserts on the planet) and so they decided to split up and then meet up in a couple weeks at one of their future planned stopping points (do we know what was next after Yellowstone?). Anyway, he could have left her feeling that everything was fine, they could use some time apart, and on he goes to hike etc. and meet back up with her closer to Portland. So far, so good.

<modsnip - bashing the bf is not allowed at this point>

WRT him hiring an attorney, I'm giving him 50% side-eye on that one, because even if he truly had no hand in her disappearance, he's still in a legal pickle. As a former paralegal and daughter of LE officers, if he were my grandson, I would advise him/his parents to hire someone to help him navigate his dealings with law enforcement.

Where are you Gabby??????

So the speculation that BL’s parents may have been/be directing his strange actions (coming straight home, not talking) look close to true:

“Police in Florida have tried to speak with the boyfriend of a Long Island woman who disappeared under “odd” circumstances during their cross-country trip – but the man’s parents refused to allow them, according to a report.”

“Taylor said police went to the home of Laundrie’s parents, who “did not want to make him available,” according to the report.”

Boyfriend of missing LI woman not 'available' to talk to police

While they may be advising him not to talk (as is his lawyer) BL is not a minor so they can’t control when/if/how LE talks to him. They probably are just answering the door and letting him stay in the home and taking on the role of telling media and LE to contact their lawyer if they want to speak to Bl. BL is likely hiding from the public scrutiny he’s already received on his social media pages etc.

I just don’t get it.

-If you had a fight and she left mid-trip, you probably figure she’s contacted her family, so you just drive on home. There you find out nobody has seen or heard from her. You call the police and tell them the story. It’s helpful to know where she left.
-She slips and falls to her death or a rattlesnake bites her etc, you call or go get help. Tell the story.
-She dies of a drug overdose. You’re not sure what to do. You could call for help or run home to mom and dad and lawyer up.
-Human traffickers accost you and take her, threatening you to keep quiet. Coward that you are, you head home to mom and dad and lawyer up.
-You have a fight and kill her. Head across the border or back to mom and dad and lawyer up.

I think it’s probably one of these scenarios.
I do hope LE is getting a warrant for his phone and data. Whose he been talking to for the last to weeks?

YES! was just about to post this as well. Also, if you hover over those posts you can see that they were both edited.

This is even more ominous.

What will LE need to compel the bf to come in for an interview.

His silence, and him hiding behind his parents is deafening.

<modsnip - no link for info posted as fact>

Have they released the last two texts the mom received? The Mom said she didn't know for sure it was her daughter who contacted her last, since she didn't actually speak to her daughter...maybe the text was from the boyfriend, not Gabbi, and said not to worry if Mom didn't hear for a bit because they were going into a no cell zone ‍♀️

Just a theory. Traveling can be costly even with a relatively inexpensive van. They were using social media to ask for money. So perhaps funds were short. Maybe he resorted to theft or even strong-arm robbery to get money. And maybe he hid it from her for a good bit of time. Or maybe she just had a change of heart. After all, she was very free-spirited.

I think the fact that the van was taken in confirms it was in her name, if not her family’s name. His parents won’t even let the police speak to him so I doubt they’d let the van he drove back to town in be taken in to no doubt be sweeped for evidence had it actually been in his name.

In all honesty it’s what anyone and everyone should do if they find themselves in a situation like this. I don’t think it’s sketchy or weird at all- I am however 3rd year law student and plan to practice law next year (hopefully if I pass the bar lol) but anyways yeah I don’t think that’s indicative of guilt. I also don’t think we can definitively say that BL is “not cooperating with LE” because LE says that whenever someone they want to interrogate invokes their legal right to an attorney. If he has a lawyer the lawyer is likely communicating with LE on BLs behalf- that is part of their job.
However, lawyer aside seems odd he didn’t report her missing but again who knows maybe he truly didn’t know she was missing or maybe he did and knew he would be subjected to public scrutiny and possible life changing accusations so he ran home to mom and dad and they got him an attorney… we will see what happens but not reporting someone missing is not a crime… leaving the scene of an accident is and if that’s what happened he could be held liable for that but again, there is a huge difference between that and going straight to “BL killed her”…

I mean personally, yes I do believe this boy knows more than we do and likely played a role in her disappearance… but that’s just my opinion based on pure speculation…
I have no problem at all with the family consulting a lawyer to use as a spokesperson - that's wise IMO. However, even Fotis Dulos walked in to the police station May 25 with his lawyer and surrendered one of his phones - and he killed Jennifer. I would have my son meet with the police assuming he is innocent with his lawyer present. However, if something happened I can see the scenario as it is playing out now - parents are keeping LE away. The only thing LE can do is gather evidence to try and figure out what happened to her. I went back through the evidence gathered in the Dulos case - it's extensive and takes a long time.
How police used technology to build Jennifer Dulos case

Technology is a beautiful thing but it takes time. I just wish he would at least tell her parents when he last saw her and where - seems obvious unless it isn't.....
JMO

GB's mom said she wasn't sure where GB and BL's relationship was going. This is saying something had happened with their relationship without coming right out and saying it. With that being said and I hate to say it, but did he leave before something happened to her of after?

I hope Gabby comes home safely, but things aren't looking good. :(

Page 26 video, LE states they located HER vehicle and then confiscated HER vehicle. So unless they are talking about a different vehicle it sounds like the Ford was in her name.
Thanks for your reply @klind55. Since there's no video on page 26 and this is such an important subject, can you help by providing the post number of the video? Much appreciated.

'She needs help': Parents searching for ex-Blue Point woman gone missing in Wyoming

A Suffolk (NY) police spokeswoman confirmed that Suffolk police is the lead agency in the case but would not comment further.

An FBI spokesperson referred questions to the National Park Service. An NPS spokesperson said: "We are coordinating with multiple law enforcement agencies as part of the investigation into Gabrielle Petito’s whereabouts."

Detectives ask anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous.

BBM

odd that NY LE is the lead on the case when she hasn’t lived there in 2 years and she’s not suspected to have gone missing from there. Maybe that’s just because her mother lives there and she’s the one who filed the missing person report?

If it was registered to her and not him - then he stole the vehicle from her IMO. That's why I am searching for ownership.

JMO
He has a community interest in it though, he took care of any maintenance, and helped fix it up to make it road trip worthy. And plenty of couples will put things in just one person’s name on a title or deed, even a house. He put plenty of time and money into it, the paperwork ownership of the vehicle seems moot since everyone knows it was something they did together.

Him refusing to speak to her parents is reminiscent of the Lauren Spierer case. All the boys who were with her the night she went missing also refused to speak to her parents. I can understand not wanting to speak to police but come on, it’s your fiancé’s parents!

Couldn’t mom look at her call history to see what day there was a call/FaceTime? I know I can so my guess is by now she knows exactly what day and time the last verbal contact was
JMO

Completely agree. Personally I would have had the exact time and what was said permanently burned into my mind but I suppose given the heat of the moment and it being a live interview and all the questions being peppered on her she couldn't remember exactly. I've noticed the MSM reporting varying dates on the things as well and I've always been a person that approximate dates and times are critically important. Even when they say things like: "She was last heard from on the 24th or 25th of August..." Like okay, but which one is it, because that's very important.

I still cant shake the feeling they had a fight and he left without her (either she told him she would go it alone or if he just drove off without her in anger). Perhaps a place with no phone reception? When he realised she was missing when he got home he freaks out and lawyers up.

The video on her Youtube page is quite confronting. You can just tell something was not right between them. He came across as overly controlling and she was a bit scared imo. The embers were there for a full on verbal spat. Or maybe even violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member