Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for anyone who might have more knowledge about how LE generally works:

BL is not a minor, so wouldn't the police need to hear from him personally that he's refusing to speak [without a lawyer or warrant, presumably], rather than from his parents? Are people generally allowed to speak on behalf of adult family members like that?
No, police would not have to hear from him personally, that he's refusing to speak. He has hired a professional spokesperson/representative: his lawyer. He was hired in part to be the person who speaks to police about the case. Or who declines to speak at this time. For that matter, he hasn't been charged with anything yet. LE doesn't even know if there's been a crime. They don't know if she's alive somewhere, or not. He's a free man at this point. He doesn't have to speak to anyone.

Here's an article quoting his hometown LE as saying they don't know if there's been a crime.florida-police-missing-woman-neighborhood-call-case-odd

Last edited:
If they were mundane texts no one would know one way or another just by reading them. If it wasn’t her and someone else sent the text, all they would have to do is look at how she texts her mother to ensure they are consistent.

Everyone has a texting style just like they do when speaking. In other cases imposter texts were discovered because of sudden misspellings and emojis used when they were never used before. Suddenly lol was used when it used to be haha. You can definitely recognize an imposter.

Question for anyone who might have more knowledge about how LE generally works:

BL is not a minor, so wouldn't the police need to hear from him personally that he's refusing to speak [without a lawyer or warrant, presumably], rather than from his parents? Are people generally allowed to speak on behalf of adult family members like that?

Hmm, now that you have said that, has anyone seen or made contact with himother than the parents? I know he has a lawyer, but has the lawyer even said anything? Weird.

Maybe I missed this, so if it’s been discussed I apologize, but has LE talked to the boyfriend? Has he helped at all...even a “we had a fight and she insisted I drop her off in Phoenix, so I did” is something. If he doesn’t explain it he looks very guilty.

I have a question about GP & BL's living arrangements the last 2 years. Did someone say they'd been living with his parents? If so, could someone provide a link for that information? If they were living with his parents, that would explain part of the picture regarding how they were supporting themselves. IOW---they weren't. His parents were helping to support them by providing them with a plalce to live. They may have been paying for their onw groceries and helping with utility bills, or whatever, but earned money, or at least--hers, would have been going to save up for that vehicle, and travel expenses. It's not clear what his contribution was.

But if we know they were living with his parents, that could explain a few things about their finances. Or at least provide a clue.
It would seem they may have been living in the parents home of her fiance - if you piece together information from many articles -
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

we need heavy.com to give us 5 facts we need to know. (I see they did)
Gabby Petito Missing After Van Trip With Brian Laundrie | Heavy.com

ETA: Neighbor seems to confirm they moved together:
Dad of Gabby Petito says 'he will do anything to find her' after she vanished on trip with fiance | Daily Mail Online

A North Port resident said Petito and Laundrie moved to his neighborhood eight months ago.

'I've never seen anything out of place with those two,' he told MailOnline. 'The only thing that stood out was that a tow crew came and took the white van away.'

Last edited:
I have an issue with him. He lawyered up instead of cooperating with LE to find her. Why is he so scared if he is innocent? Is he that cynical? Isn’t he supposedly heartbroken if he was the fiancé? Doesn’t he still love her and care about her? Why not answer simple questions? Why lawyer up so FAST!? Seems incredibly suspicious to me.

In all honesty it’s what anyone and everyone should do if they find themselves in a situation like this. I don’t think it’s sketchy or weird at all- I am however 3rd year law student and plan to practice law next year (hopefully if I pass the bar lol) but anyways yeah I don’t think that’s indicative of guilt. I also don’t think we can definitively say that BL is “not cooperating with LE” because LE says that whenever someone they want to interrogate invokes their legal right to an attorney. If he has a lawyer the lawyer is likely communicating with LE on BLs behalf- that is part of their job.
However, lawyer aside seems odd he didn’t report her missing but again who knows maybe he truly didn’t know she was missing or maybe he did and knew he would be subjected to public scrutiny and possible life changing accusations so he ran home to mom and dad and they got him an attorney… we will see what happens but not reporting someone missing is not a crime… leaving the scene of an accident is and if that’s what happened he could be held liable for that but again, there is a huge difference between that and going straight to “BL killed her”…

I mean personally, yes I do believe this boy knows more than we do and likely played a role in her disappearance… but that’s just my opinion based on pure speculation…

No, the boyfriend and his family refuse to say anything. After the press conferences yesterday and the national and international media swooping in I am very confused why they won’t release a statement. All they have to say is Brian’s engagement is called off and he doesn’t know where Gabby is and he is heartbroken at this time or something

Could there be a connection to the two women who were found murdered in Moab?

That’s quite coincidence.

Hmmmm????
The two women were targeted and killed by someone that had interacted with them as they camped in Grand Co. Utah The likelihood that the same person somehow targeted Gabby while ignoring the person she was traveling with, 500 miles away from where the women were murdered is pretty unlikely in my opinion. (That's assuming that Grand Teton was where she disappeared from)

Everyone has a texting style just like they do when speaking. In other cases imposter texts were discovered because of sudden misspellings and emojis used when they were never used before. Suddenly lol was used when it used to be haha. You can definitely recognize an imposter.

People also tend to have favorite/limited/specific vocabularies that can be hard to fake or hide. I agree. It won't be too hard to detect if some posts are likely forged.

This is my thought as well - it's quite possible her dad may have also been on the title if there was a loan involved but that is pure speculation - I need to watch the zoom interview with her dad to see if he has added any additional information.
Is there any relevance to whom the van was registered? They were engaged, would it really matter if it was in one or both of their names?

have the breadcrumbs from the phone device location records been released yet? We are heading up to our cabin in Thayne Wyoming from SLC this weekend and I plan on exploring some of the last reviewed dyrt camping location areas. Has anyone started a search grid map?
I don’t believe so. They’d first need a warrant for the phone company and the apps, then however long it takes to process all the information.

I noticed Gabby’s next to last IG post on 8/19 was posted as if it was something recent that happened, when in fact these photos are from 6 weeks previous. The pics are from the bf’s post and are pinned under “van life” on both his and Gabby’s IG. Seems strange she would recycle old photos onto her IG account when they’re out on a road trip taking lots of new photos.

YES! was just about to post this as well. Also, if you hover over those posts you can see that they were both edited.

I can’t help but wonder if they maybe got into an argument while hiking and separated to cool off only to never find their way back to one another. When I was her age I went to the Adirondacks with a guy I was engaged to at the time and I was having somewhat of a panic attack due to being in an unfamiliar area during a hike as I am not an outdoorsy person. We got into an argument because he kept forging ahead of me to the point where he literally left me mid hike to climb something on his own. I ended up finding my way but on the way up some rock I encountered a man who had heard our earlier arguments and started commenting on what a crap man I was with, all the while casually flinging a knife. He kept trying to convince me to continue the hike with him instead. I was beyond scared and thankfully was able to get back to my fiancé who couldn’t care less about the whole thing. Point being, regardless of her experience maybe she got lost and possibly encountered someone who was dangerous or maybe her boyfriend was as heartless as mine and thought he was teaching her a lesson by leaving her stranded. Terrible either way.

I can’t help but wonder if they maybe got into an argument while hiking and separated to cool off only to never find their way back to one another. When I was her age I went to the Adirondacks with a guy I was engaged to at the time and I was having somewhat of a panic attack due to being in an unfamiliar area during a hike as I am not an outdoorsy person. We got into an argument because he kept forging ahead of me to the point where he literally left me mid hike to climb something on his own. I ended up finding my way but on the way up some rock I encountered a man who had heard our earlier arguments and started commenting on what a crap man I was with, all the while casually flinging a knife. He kept trying to convince me to continue the hike with him instead. I was beyond scared and thankfully was able to get back to my fiancé who couldn’t care less about the whole thing. Point being, regardless of her experience maybe she got lost and possibly encountered someone who was dangerous or maybe her boyfriend was as heartless as mine and thought he was teaching her a lesson by leaving her stranded. Terrible either way.
This is what's concerned me about the publicity in this case, and the appeals for info on her whereabouts. Anyone could pick up on those please, someone with nefarious intent, and go out searching for a vulnerable young woman, possibly lost, and pretend to be a saviour. It could be alerting potential predators in those parks, that there may be an easy mark in the vicinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966