Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, why didn’t he at least call her family and ask if they had heard from her if he didn’t know what happened to her?

I believe it's also very likely that GP's parents had also been attempting to contact BL for weeks without any response.

If your child suddenly goes dark, would you not contact her travel companion?

I'm only speculating here but I think GP's dad probably knocked on BL's door on Saturday and learned for the first time that GP did not return to FL with BL. In response, they immediately reported her missing with the police. MOO

I thought she texted her mom.
Confused about how Gabby can be in Grand Teton and in Ogden on the same day Aug 25 th (according to Gabby's IG pic in Ogden...butterfly mural)

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, told Fox News that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone.
Florida woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

My head is spinning a little with all the speculation that's circulating. I'm trying to keep facts from fiction:

I haven't found verification the van was hers.

No eta on BL's return.

The only evidence that the last texts "weren't GP" was no facetime on that day.

Aside from those, what do we know about the itinerary they hadn't completed yet? What about the friends they were supposed to meet up with?
bolding mine.
Good question.
Had they contacted the friends at all ?
Were the friends initially waiting for them to show up ?
Imo.
Btw --- Welcome to Websleuths !

Here are a couple scenario's that come to mind......

1st - GB decided to break it off with BL and she went off with friends they met along the way. She told BL to take the van back home if he wanted. BL left with a broken heart, didn't have it in him to tell her parents what happened and he didn't know she was missing until they filed a missing person report. He lawyered up because he knows they'll be coming at him hard. GB didn't let her mom/parents know she went off on her own and BL went home in the van without her because she knew they would be upset and worried for her.

2nd - well.....we all know what this story is. We see it all the time in these threads :(

Seen several valid points about why BL might be lawyering up, but assuming he truly had nothing to do with her disappearance, how will he justify not being more helpful on providing details on her last whereabouts if she is perhaps lost or sadly is found no longer alive?

Seen several valid points about why BL might be lawyering up, but assuming he did have nothing to do with her disappearance, how will he justify not being more helpful on providing details on her last whereabouts if she is perhaps lost or sadly is found harmed?
I have a problem with him not providing anything. Why did he lawyered so fast and why did he abandon the vehicle? I think he knows what happened to her.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, told Fox News that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone.
Florida woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities
Thanks !
So the texts were on the 27th, and 30th
verbal on the 25th.

I wonder whether Gabby and her mom habitually spoke during this road trip, or whether they ALSO texted. If the former, then the last two texts might be iffy.

I believe it's also very likely that GP's parents had also been attempting to contact BL for weeks without any response.

I'm only speculating here but I think GP's dad probably knocked on BL's door on Saturday and learned for the first time that GP did not return to FL with BL. In response, they immediately reported her missing with the police. MOO
Listening to the presser at the DM link : I'm interested in what the parents said they couldn't comment on ?

I give the reporters kudos for being respectful and wording the questions in a compassionate manner.
It isn't always like that !
I think the reporter (Nancy Grace ?) was too hard on Sandra Cantu's mom for allowing the girl to play freely in the trailer park.
It was obvious Sandra's mom's face was tear-swollen and she thought her daughter was in a safe neighborhood. :(

Mom of missing Florida girl, 22, pleads for help to find her daughter | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
My head is spinning a little with all the speculation that's circulating. I'm trying to keep facts from fiction:

No eta on BL's return.

Aside from those, what do we know about the itinerary they hadn't completed yet? What about the friends they were supposed to meet up with?

GP's itinerary included meeting friends in Oregon on or about Halloween.

The van was recovered by police at the bf's parent's residence in North Port FL over the weekend. It's presumed that BL arrived with the van at this time.

See video at 1:12 min mark.

Here are a couple scenario's that come to mind......

1st - GB decided to break it off with BL and she went off with friends they met along the way. She told BL to take the van back home if he wanted. BL left with a broken heart, didn't have it in him to tell her parents what happened and he didn't know she was missing until they filed a missing person report. He lawyered up because he knows they'll be coming at him hard. GB didn't let her mom/parents know she went off on her own and BL went home in the van without her because she knew they would be upset and worried for her.

2nd - well.....we all know what this story is. We see it all the time in these threads :(
Why isn’t he providing any info to LE? He is not talking at all. He lawyered up right away. This all doesn’t pass the smell test.

[...]

And her last IG post on the 25th.. Happy Halloween just doesn't sit right with me. But maybe I missed something.

No eta on BL's return.

New York woman, 22, who was traveling across country with boyfriend goes missing (nbcnews.com)
[...]

JP, her father, told Newsday Sunday that Gabrielle's disappearance felt like "drowning with your hands tied behind you."

"You can't describe it. There's nothing you can do. You can't control anything," he said.

Petito was traveling across the country in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a Florida license plate, which police said since has been recovered. It was unclear where her vehicle was recovered.
—-
BBM - wonder what made them report the van was hers ? My guess is her dad told the reporter it was…
JMO

GP's itinerary included meeting friends in Oregon on or about Halloween.

The van was recovered by police at the bf's parent's residence in North Port FL over the weekend. It's presumed that BL arrived with the van at this time.

See video at 1:12 min mark.

The boyfriend knows what happened to her. Why did he lawyered up so fast, Why did he not cooperate with LE? Wasn’t she his fiancé? This whole thing stinks. He knows something. Why not talk to LE? What’s up with that!?

I keep wondering if he was seen leaving hotel with her or was she alone? Did I miss this or is this part of the info LE is (possibly) withholding?

ETA: Found the answer to my question :oops: She was last seen when checking out of hotel WITH bf (per Daily Mail report)

Last edited:
New York woman, 22, who was traveling across country with boyfriend goes missing (nbcnews.com)
[...]

JP, her father, told Newsday Sunday that Gabrielle's disappearance felt like "drowning with your hands tied behind you."

"You can't describe it. There's nothing you can do. You can't control anything," he said.

Petito was traveling across the country in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with a Florida license plate, which police said since has been recovered. It was unclear where her vehicle was recovered.
—-
BBM - wonder what made them report the van was hers ? My guess is her dad told the reporter it was…
JMO
They had been previously traveling in a car she owned. I wonder if she sold it to buy the van? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper