Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably calling defense attorneys in FL, begging someone to take the case. And they are probably letting the calls go to voice mail because repping BL & his family looks like a slam dunk for the prosecution!
MOO
Lol defense attorneys lose most of the time - that's a given.

I have a theory about this that I think may get deleted or the people with pitchforks will come to get me, but I'm going put it out there anyway. Since everyone here thinks Brain is a possible serial killer and murderer, let me counter that with this:

Gabby herself stated she was going through some things (I am not bringing up mental health issues, these were her words), and she also seemed distraught and inconsolable in that traffic stop where it was determined that she was the aggressor in the situation.

Put yourself in Brain's shoes please for this next part: Gabby has an accident, or she harms herself (a general hypothetical) or something other than Brian causes her death. They are alone, there are no witnesses. There is now a history of an altercation at the traffic stop and he is scared. Scared something happened and scared no one will believe him when he tells the truth (remember from Brian's POV). So he leaves her out there, not a great move, drives home, tries to figure out what to do next. He tells his parents what actually happened in his mind, she fell off a high rock and passed away, whatever he would have said. They call a lawyer due to this strange situation and are told to not talk.

Brian feels guilty and is distraught about her being gone and what he did by leaving her. He feels trapped with media camping out his house. He's scared, so he leaves. That's all I have. Anyone think this is possible? Not trying to give him a pass, just a different point of view, since no one, not me, not you, knows what happened.

I have watched several videos and looked at Brian, his speech, mannerisms. I think I understand what type of a person he was. Just the personality type. I understand why parents found a lawyer - he is not a good speaker, either way, even when totally innocent.

I don’t think he intended to kill her at all, but I think he did. Unintentionally. The best witnesses of how the trip were was the policemen, and they registered that the couple was fighting. Sometimes during such fights, tragedies happen. This is why we have “involuntary manslaughter” charge.

Had anything else happened, he’d immediately called the police to help her.

Imagine this. A family member falls off the stairs. If it is a total accident, everyone calls 911, paramedics. If the family was fighting and the victim was pushed during the fight, even accidentally, the perpetrator thinks, “she has bruises. They won’t believe it was an accident. The police already saw us fighting. They won’t believe me”. And then his actions would not be unlike Brian’s ones - to provide an alibi (I was not there), to run away.

I think after whatever happened, he was hysterical and confused, and probably for a while, just ambling around, but finally, he did the only predicted thing, he ran (drove) to parents.

What happened after that was fear. His actions are fear-driven. Where he is, we don’t know, but I feel he is a mortally scared man.

(My only other version was that maybe he planned to kill her, and then himself, and chickened out, but somehow, I don’t feel it was the case. For this, people are usually more sad to start with).

Yesterday someone mentioned it was about 200 yards, which is approx 1/10 mile. I can't find the post, but someone posted an aerial view showing the 2 locations.

Edit: Changed 1000 to 200 yards and 1.2 mile to 1/10 mile
We don't know the actual location of where the body was recovered but GH mapped his calcs last night and from the van location to the staging area/tent, it's about 300 yards -- 3 football field lengths.

No. They wouldn't have been close enough at that point to see plates. They would have to be closer. If you watch the video of him showing it opening, that is 100% happening. He zoomed in from afar though.
He also explained the equipment he was using. It was not a cell phone, but a very advanced application. Also did the van have front license plates too.

Or at least valid ID and copy of your birth certificate. That's how my son does it. AZ here.

People posted last night that in TX and AZ they have recently entered with no ID and no test what so ever. I don't know about that because I'm not from the area - but everyone is also thinking about "LEGAL" crossing at check points.

If you don't enter legally - you need nothing. It's not like every border into Mexico (or any other island or country off the gulf) is manned. No one is standing on beaches requesting passports. BL could have hopped a cruise ship, used a familyor friends boat, etc. He had such a strong head start in which he wasn't wanted and his travel would have gone undetected that he could literally be anywhere by now.

Very nice!! Thank you.
Yep, door is closing, sandals present, pillow or something in the driver seat.
Shame that whatever is on the lens is exactly on where the door is, but it most certainly did close.

The clarity of this guy's video is phenomenal. That said, because it is so clear I am now certain that he is incorrect on at least one thing, possibly 2. The flip flops are Brian's, not Gabby's. You can confirm this by going back to the body cam footage. Gabby's are white with Xs and Os; Brian's are tan/beige/Khaki. Second disagreement I have (moo), Gabby was not there at this time. Two reasons: Not a campsite - a burial site; and I believe she was already gone by 5-6ish on that date.

If BL is still in this country I will be surprised. JMO

This brought up another question––I wonder if Brian had his passport with him on the road trip or if it was left behind at his parents' house. If it was at the Laundrie house, him driving back to Florida would make sense––he would've needed his passport and money to go on the run.

I have to think GP was running away from him, and he ran her down. I can't see him hefting a body two football fields away.

You would also think if so many spots were taken and people in that area, that someone running scared for 200 yards in fear would cause quite the disturbance. Sounds carry awfully far out there.

I’m still confused why it took so long to find her remains. It’s been stated that this area was full of campers and busy. It’s odd that nobody noticed a body for a month. Or if buried nobody noticed a area or disturbed earth. It would be extremely noticeable in that terrain

Because the body wasn't right on a trail or anything and most likely concealed. And Imo, until LE received the bloggers video this week, LE didn't have a good starting point to start searching. I'm pretty sure the bloggers video narrowed the search down.

It was reported 900ft yesterday that’s 3 football fields.
That would not be easy at all to run across, gravel that shifts underfoot, patches of larger rocks, thick silt that will grab and hold your feet like quicksand.

Poor child. I don't want to believe she was running for her life in that and he overcame her.

Yet, unless he drove the van in from the other side and hauled her body on a tarp or such through the wash for a while, it's hard to understand how he got there there.

I imagine trackers will be able to find his footprints ( and maybe hers). My guess is that he had to cross that wash multiple times to accomplish his goal. I think if he climbed up on the van roof he would also be able to watch the area.

I'm wondering if the van location was changed during the timeline of Aug 27-29 or not. That's really quite a conspiuous spot and there are other areas he could have driven into, on the other side of the road that would have been more secluded. I think that spot was chosen for it's access to the bridge across the little creek and the ease at which he could observe the area to see if the site of her body was drawing any kind of attention, human or animal.

I wonder what the van looked like on the inside at the time it was taken in. We know from the body cam footage how messy it was. Some people here seem to think someone was sitting back there and closed the door in the footage from the YouTuber. I have no opinion on that other than if it was in a similar state to the body cam footage there’d have been very little wiggle room for him to enclose himself in at that point. But of course, Gabby could’ve had it tidied up at any point after the police stop. Anyway… I guess I’m curious if the bulk of the van’s contents were not with the van when it was ceased and maybe that is a reason the shed behind the Laundrie house was measured? Maybe he drove the van back there to toss or clean up? Just thinking out loud. Apologies if this makes no sense. This case has my head spinning in a hundred different directions.

I think it may well have been pretty much empty when the police took it in, but that’s JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95