Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Petito family lawyer sends cease and desist letter to Brian Laundrie's lawyer after a picture of Gabby Petito appeared on his Yelp page
upload_2021-9-23_1-59-25.png

The attorney for Gabby Petito's family on Wednesday issued a cease and desist letter to the attorney representing Petito's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, and his parents, demanding that he not post photos of Petito online "in an effort to gain business."

Richard Stafford, an attorney in New York who's representing Petito's family, sent the letter to Steven Bertolino, a fellow New York lawyer, after a photo of Petito appeared on an unclaimed Yelp page for Bertolino.

The image - which was uploaded by a Yelp user - was removed minutes after Stafford sent his letter by that same Yelp user, a spokesperson for Yelp confirmed.

"The Petito and Schmidt family are demanding that you remove Gabby Petito's picture from your Yelp page," Stafford wrote in the letter to Bertolino. The letter continued, "The family tried to remove their daughter's picture from your page and were informed that only the business owner can add or remove pictures."

Stafford added: "Furthermore, the Petito and Schmidt family demand that you cease and desist posting pictures of Gabby Petito to any and all of your social media pages, web pages or advertisements in an effort to gain business."

"I am sure this will be taken care of by 2pm or I will take further action on behalf of Gabby's family," Stafford said.

In a text message to Insider, Bertolino called Stafford's accusations "sad."

I agree. That's why I think she ran (perhaps even barefoot; I suppose the coroner will say), he caught up with her, and killed her on the spot. I'm sure, poor thing, she was terrified of him.
I would guess this couldn't have happened in the dark. I don't know how they'd get to that spot in the dark.... But then, nearby sites might have heard screams, and sound carries much further and louder at night.
It could have happened in the van, if he strangled her. Then he could have driven the van over there, dumped her, sprinkled a handful or two of dirt on her sweet little body, driven back, and then calmed down and had a beer or two. JMO for a possibility.

I don't think it's relevant to defend Brian for it, considering the convenience store clerk who said they bought bottled water, and people also saying the YouTube video clearly had Brian using a plastic fork.

IMO, Brian is a faux-environmentalist poseur who is an environmental PITA when it suits him (really, does he think the police officer cares that he's afraid of BPA's? could a police officer carry about hand-filled SIGGs to hand suspects? I'm guessing not, for liability reasons - take the water or don't take the water, this strikes him as an appropriate time for a sermon?); and that's because he's more interested in preaching to/at people than he is in actually engaging in the behavior.

IMO, JMO, MOO.

of course and I absolutely agree with you but I’m just bothered by a lot of comments on plastic bottles. And I’m certainly not defending him at all. His guilt was evident to me the moment we found out he drove back and she’s missing.
Still, one doesn’t have to be a big greeny to stop using plastic bottles. This aspect should be mainstream. And I think many of us are hypocritical in what we do and don’t do but I don’t think that that hypocrisy is a bad thing - taking a step one way and not in another is still taking a step. But I’m way off topic, sorry everyone

I find it interesting that the connection between the murdered married women was quickly shot down.

RSBM. It was stated by LE there's no connection. We can only assume it is based on things they know that we don't. Because LE has also made that determination, it is also against the TOS here, just an FYI!

I transcribed today’s Instagram stories of Nina Celie Angelo (IG: Ninacelie) about her Aug 27, 1 pm recollections. She has obviously been interviewed by media - in a previous post from Fox News - but I think her stream of conscious story is probably the most interesting firsthand account after they had just told the authorities.

Note: It is relevant that Nina Angelo and Matthew England state they were sitting next to Brian Laundries and Gabby Petito by the front door and right next to the hostess stand. The argument was at the hostess stand/front door and Gabby was crying just outside. This may be why other staff or patrons did not see the argument. As someone noted, she's again apologizing for him and trying to placate the situation. Important to note too, she is seen as crying alone while he is the aggressor.

I’ve bolded parts I think are the most relevant to the deteriorating mental state of Brian and Gabby. Especially concerning is his towards his verbal aggression towards the female staff, the hostess and the restaurant manager.

Transcription
“We were at this restaurant, you guys, Friday, August 27th 1 pm sitting right next to them. They got kicked out of the restaurant. And were fighting with the hostess. They were fighting with the hostess. She [Petito] was hysterically crying. And she walked out and she was crying and she was staying on the sidewalk and I was watching the whole thing unfold.

And he walked back in the restaurant and he’s fighting with the hostess. And I didn’t even know what happened, I don’t even know if they got kicked out but they left abruptly. And she was standing on the sidewalk crying and he walked back in and was like screaming at the hostess and then walked back out. And then, he walked back in like four more times to talk to the manager and to like, tell the hostess off.

[Nina Celie Angelo talks further on trying to be calmer and recollect in more detail. Discusses how they went to a wedding after seeing this restaurant incident and that may be why they did not recollect this argument as that of the missing couple.]

…They were sitting right next to us, like right f*ing next to us and we were both sitting right by the hostess stand, right by the front door. I went to the bathroom, I came back and they were like abruptly leaving like something happened. My first thought is that they were displeased with the service and they were walking out or they were trying to get out of paying their bill. But it was kind of like a scene.

And I was like zoned in for some reason, and Matt was on his phone and I was like babe, put your phone down like something was going on. Guys, it was like f*ing scene, like something that doesn’t happen every day at a restaurant. The way he was acting, she was crying, she was upset. This had to have been right before she died.

So, she walks out, she’s upset, she’s crying. And he’s like, more angry. Like you could tell it’s more sadness for her and she’s crying for some reason. I don’t know if she was embarrassed, or what. Because I don’t know I couldn’t hear. I don’t know what was going on. I could just see what was unfolding.

And so she’s standing on the sidewalk, I could just see her through the front door and she’s standing on the sidewalk crying. And he walks out with he, but then like right away turns around and walks back in and he’s, you know, kind of like violently talking to the hostess.

And you know you could tell he’s angry and um, and they’re just like doing the like ‘sorry we don’t know what to tell you, kind of thing.’ You could tell he was relentless, he wouldn’t drop it, whatever it was, he wouldn’t drop it.

He walked out, he walked back into the restaurant probably four more times.”
Thanks for doing that! Great work. Someone else needs to interview her though, sit her down and try to figure out what was really their argument and how did he behave around Gabby while she was crying?

What did he do that was inappropriate? I didn’t see the interview.
He was in a rage. His ranting made it hard to really understand what he was saying. But, he is usually calm and informative. Made me really uncomfortable. Might just be me. Sometimes Nancy Grace makes me feel the same way. Yesterday she was talking about GP having been beaten, drug across a creek in a tarp and left by a log. It's just sensationalism as far as I'm concerned and I don't think it's appropriate. They think they can say whatever they want. Conversation over cocktails maybe, but not on national t.v..

I read extensively but rarely post.

Does anyone know or has anyone read that her grandfather *was in fact* trying to text and call her before the text went to her mother?

Is it possible that it was somehow a voice to text and "you help Stan" should've been "Yellowstone" ?

I doubt that it was "Yellowstone". That doesn't make sense with the rest of the message.

"Petito’s mother received an “odd” text on Aug. 27 that read, “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,”
(bbm)

Gabby Petito final text message

To me at least it looked like Gabby. Thats what creeps me out about that video
There were 2 speculative faces that some people saw, one that looked like BLs face BEHIND the passenger seat. Then another that some said was Gabby in the front seat, slumped over. That one I heard was actually a bag on the seat. The face from the back looks like BL to me.

I think they said the family left on the very same day Gabby was reporter missing. 9-11-21. Which makes me change my mind about the chances of him having committed suicide. That makes me think his parents, indeed, help him disappear.
Yep. Originally I thought he was going into the preserve to kill himself. But that was what his parents wanted us all to believe. It was a ruse, imo. They packed a bag for their little golden boy and dropped him off somewhere safe.

Hopefully the Federal Marshall Fugitive Task Force is sussing him out as we speak.

so i don't know if this has been covered this thread has slowed down a bit now but the last few days it has moved like lightening

but we've all been watching WFLA i noticed at the end of their youtube stream today they cut it short and said we're stopping our re-broadcasting on social media platforms but we'll still be live on our app and website

i wonder what that is about? its just to drive people to their webpage and app or something else?
That's awful news. Their website is blocked in Europe.

Gabby Petito's uncle rips the law firm representing Brian Laundrie's family as 'beyond disgusting'

Gabby Petito's uncle has slammed the attorney representing his niece's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, and his parents as "beyond disgusting" in the wake of authorities confirming that the young woman was found dead in Wyoming.

"As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege," Steven Petito wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

"But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic," the uncle said.

I feel very angry and frustrated with that lawyer, so I can only imagine how Gabby’s family is feeling. It is true that the first person LE looks at is an intimate partner - for good reason I might add - but that works both ways, wouldn’t you want your client eliminated as a suspect ASAP?

Not to mention, GP was missing at the time. No one knew where she was or if she was in danger. It was imperative that anyone with information share what they know. If his client was so innocent, he could have sat down with LE WITH his lawyer present who would then advise him which questions are ok to answer. This is a fairly typical response. Same goes for his parents.

The fact that they all flat out refused to speak or assist in any way absolutely screams of guilt and is utterly abhorrent. The Laundrie parents will never have my sympathy. They absolutely could have assisted while still “protecting” their son, they just didn’t care enough to.

As requested by mods, here is an MSM link which indicates that LE did not place the first, larger cross. This means that it was possibly BL or a local visitor. With that being said, a reporter was at the site within one hour of LE clearing the area, and the larger cross was already there.

Gary Rider, a friend of Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt, said the pair had visited the site on Wednesday and that they had left some flowers next to the other cross.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Mr Rider told The Independent.

“That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby.”

- The Independent via Yahoo
Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found
Yes sorry was frustrated lol

I did find the daily Mail video that shows the walk and the area. Depending what way one is facing its not far from trees but also not far from the creek. It just different angles of the same spot. (And I have no idea if there is one or two crosses now bc things are contradicting)

Video: Stone cross arranged where body of Gabby Petito was found | Daily Mail Online

There are two stone crosses. The first one was on a sandy/rocky area right next to the stream and presumably across the stream from where the van was. That's the one in the Daily Mail Online piece above. It isn't known who created that one -- when I'm cynical I wonder if the photographer did it. (ETA -- now I hear that the crime scene investigators placed it.) Though people here have said it appeared after the area was reopened, it looks like it has been there for a while (was there any rain & wind?)

The second stone cross & flowers were placed by GP's stepdad and a friend on earth in a lightly wooded area on the spot where her body was said to have been found.
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440856256663613441?s=21

AFAIK, that area is also across the creek from where the van was parked. That area looks more like what we saw in aerial photos of the coroner's tent. :(

JMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that! Great work. Someone else needs to interview her though, sit her down and try to figure out what was really their argument and how did he behave around Gabby while she was crying?
That would be great but to what end? It wouldn't bring Gabby back, i'm not sure what good that would do.

Yep. Originally I thought he was going into the preserve to kill himself. But that was what his parents wanted us all to believe. It was a ruse, imo. They packed a bag for their little golden boy and dropped him off somewhere safe.

Hopefully the Federal Marshall Fugitive Task Force is sussing him out as we speak.
Either he won't be found in any reasonable time or it will take years if not longer. If that family actually has the money to hide him and not let that be easily found out, he could be in hiding in another country by now

I doubt that it was "Yellowstone". That doesn't make sense with the rest of the message.

"Petito’s mother received an “odd” text on Aug. 27 that read, “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls,”
(bbm)

Gabby Petito final text message
If it was actually Gabby, why didn't she correct the error for one, and two why say "Stan" when she didn't call him that.
I've seen some people claim that STAN could have meant "send the authorities now" Anybody have thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans