Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow on a first post!! Food for thought.

Personally, I think by his own words and deeds, I think Brian was more of a loner. Needed a lot of downtime. Posts about autism, meditator, lone wilderness trips, and what he said to LE about needing to get away when they fight. That is why he tried to lock Gabby out of the van. By Gabby's own words, she became more agitated when Brian told her to "calm down". And she said she had a fear of being abandoned. She also was upset that Brian had lost confidence in her to make Vanlife work out for them through social media.

I agree with what some WSers have said that both of them were under tremendous pressure to make Vanlife a career and support themselves. Both had saved money for these trips, and per Gabby's dad this was not their first cross country trip. Brian was the one that helped convert the van into living space, per neighbor's accounts. They both wanted this lifestyle.

The incident at the restaurant over a bill indicates to me that money was beginning to become an issue. Also Brian's lessening support over Inst, etc.

And it seems odd to me where they pulled over the van at Spread Creek. No overly scenic place to take photos. I suspect they kept arguing over Brian's behavior at the restaurant, Brian pulled over and went for a walk to cool off, Gabby followed him they started arguing again, became physical and Gabby got killed.

I do think they loved each other but differences in their personalities and coping abilities lead to a horrible outcome. Vanlife brought out the inability of them to cope under this kind of stress.

This is nothing like the Watt's story. There was no outside girl friend, he did not try to hide her body nor was there a pregnancy that we know of....
Both posts are so good...thanks for sharing

His parents are apparently out in public so there is no expectation of privacy. In other words, they're in "plain view." Thus, there is prohibition to such surveillance. No need for a warrant; public surveillance is not a "search" requiring a warrant.

Awful lot of resources being used looking for BL. After a whole lot looking for GP. Probably running low on surveillance now. They didn’t bother to keep eye on BL not that long ago

All of this goes back to social media. Gabby and BL living the "Van Life" was an Instagram thing, a way to be famous and project an image of a happy couple on the road, doing hipster stuff like hiking barefooted, eating granola, posing for cute pictures. But it's not reality. Most of what we see on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube is staged for effect.

So being stopped by police while having a fight in scenic Moab was a nightmare, not just because of the emotional upset, but because it directly conflicted with the image Gabby wanted to present on Instagram. She was never going to give up her dream over what she thought was a temporary mood of BL. She was in denial about his true nature.

A more mature woman would have just given up and started driving home alone to Long Island, even if she was nervous about driving. But she clearly wasn't to that point, even if other people could see she was in a toxic relationship. Plus he kept taking away the keys.

IMO I believe the same..

Also interesting in the day of social media, it appears like there are BL type that can't relate or deal with relationships, living though pictures and sound tracks. There is a tendency for some to delete or destroy what is there when over. Like swiping a picture, or deleted a contact you no longer want or can deal with. Most of us went through a few false starts and failed relationships with friendly departures. Maybe there is just more coverage today, however, it seems more prevalent.

MOO

There's a really awesome timeline on page one of each thread where one of the posters, @oviedo, has made a great timeline. It was updated today too! Here's a copy of the section of the timeline that answers your question:

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - “No service in Yosemite”

August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone according to his parents, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
Gabbys Van enters at 10:26am Sept 1

Sept 2 -9: ?

Sept 2/3 or 9/10 - Neighbor spots BL outside mowing and bike ride with his Mom

Sept 2?-4?- neighbor says family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Incident with Gabbys Dad -redacted police report Links her Dad to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with BL and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10.

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM

Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL -

I think the question is where is the evidence/confirmation of the "SEP 1:"?

All I can find are mentions of failed attempts to reach BL and his parents (and getting no response) on Sep. 10th. There may be a mistake in the posted timeline.

IMO I don’t this this is the case at all. BL regularly posts shunning social media and being “connected”. Prior to GP he seems to have zero social media presence at all. He makes comments about spending too much time online. I don’t think he wanted the online / influencer stuff or attention at all. I think that is why he was so frustrated because that seemed to be GPs focus.

He had TONS of social media presence (pinterest, instagram, deviant art, his own designs featured prominently). I've looked at. hundreds of pictures - but they are not of his face. It's not that kind of social media presence (thankfully - we refuse to watch travel videos where it's mostly some person rambling on about their travels, we just like seeing the scenery - as the Bethunes seem to know).

Brian also does a lot of reading and has pictures of actual books - although I now think he grabbed the pictures off of the internet, but there's a picture from this trip with him in a hammock, with an actual book, not a kindle.

Have you seen the picture of the piano the two of them rescued and then he painted? It's amazing. Gabby put her touches into it too. That was fairly recent. But I gave up going back in time in Brian's SM after I got to around 2019. But it's literally hundreds of posts as well as likes of other people's work and so on. Hundreds of repins on pinterests, as well as his own uploads.

Man you really do need an algorithm of sorts to effectively read this feed. One that can maybe sort out duplicates, things you know are already beaten to death, etc. You seriously can't walk away to grab water without 3 more pages popping up!

Alot of banks in that area and the courthouse is 3 blocks away
There's also a divorce lawyer around the block on Washington St: Arwani Law Firm

NOT that I want to start any rumors about an impending Laundrie divorce (I have looked for court records in both Florida and New York and have not found any proof of this)...

It's been reported a couple of times that they had solar panels on top of the van (and I believe a small solar charging unit can be seen in the back of the van - like the one we take camping).

Anyway, all phones can be charged while the vehicle engine is running - which is what most people do. They were driving hours every day, as far as I can tell - it only takes about 15 minutes of driving for my phone to top off.

I think Gabby's work on her SM during their travel was quite time consuming (and surely some of it was done on a laptop - which also can be charged while the van is running). It's the wifi she needed at Moab. I think he was uncomfortable with being so visible in SM (for whatever reason) and that he felt her time spent on it was time away from him. He seems like he's a loner, but that once he bonded to Gabby, he pretty much saw her as part of himself. A necessary part of himself. So he was jealous of the phone.

It's true he was probably also concerned about what she was saying about him, as he decompensated a bit more every day...so far as we know, though, Gabby said nothing to her parents about it.
There was no solar on the roof. From what I saw they had one of the smaller Jackery's (300, I believe) and one of the Jackery portable panels. I saw no evidence that the van had a "house" battery.

Last edited:
thank you, that’s what I’m saying! More to the story? This is a TON of resources. More on a “very dangerous individual” level. My opinion.

POI is also a known euphemism for “suspect”. POI is used when they have not yet been questioned or have enough evidence to charge the person(s) involved in a crime.

BL is being called a POI most likely for these reasons and to protect the integrity of the investigation.
What do we know about how they have raised their son? Have we been there? Have we lived life with these people? This parent bashing serves no purpose if not for self promotion.

We do not know these parents or how they raised their child.

I apologize if this offends. Quite honestly, it is offensive to hear this bitterness replay continuously. We can have theories and do so without bashing.

My moment of frustration.

I agree.

Would that apply in a federal case?

I don't know if this applies to a Federal Case but any charges against BL would happen in Wyoming. If you're referring to the parents in this case, I can't imagine they will be charged with anything unless of course it's so egregious that it rises to the level of criminal behavior.

Right now, IMO is only rises to (edited to add BAD) parental behavior.

IMO I don’t this this is the case at all. BL regularly posts shunning social media and being “connected”. Prior to GP he seems to have zero social media presence at all. He makes comments about spending too much time online. I don’t think he wanted the online / influencer stuff or attention at all. I think that is why he was so frustrated because that seemed to be GPs focus.

That's interesting because I think someone said before that the first words out of Gabby's mouth on the video they posted was "I never go outside." If they were THAT opposite, I could see all the tension.

Adding to that. As most people know who have children you only can do but so much. Who they grow up to be has some to do with you and some to do with genetics. They could have been great parents and raised a sick child that was out of their control. They could have taken him to counseling and tried to intervene tirelessly, we just don’t know.
It’s when he came home without Gabby and they clammed up and shut out her parents that is really telling, not what they did or didn’t do before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo