Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we know about how they have raised their son? Have we been there? Have we lived life with these people? This parent bashing serves no purpose if not for self promotion.

We do not know these parents or how they raised their child.

I apologize if this offends. Quite honestly, it is offensive to hear this bitterness replay continuously. We can have theories and do so with without bashing.

My moment of frustration.

Adding to that. As most people know who have children you only can do but so much. Who they grow up to be has some to do with you and some to do with genetics. They could have been great parents and raised a sick child that was out of their control. They could have taken him to counseling and tried to intervene tirelessly, we just don’t know.

Snipped for clarity.

I think there's a couple of things about why her phone was as issue with Brian:

1) She used it to keep in regular contact with her mum and people like Brian don't want that. The power is in controlling every aspect of their lives and contact with 'the outside world' and especially her mum would have worried him. What was she telling her mum etc. Just like in the police stop when the police officer spoke to Gabby and when he went back to to Brian he asked what Gabby had said.

2) Using the phone uses its battery and charging it meant sitting in cafes etc for long periods of time. Brian didn't like this. The police stop was just after they'd been in a cafe for hours.

In summary, if he had the phone AND the car keys, he had ALL the power. It's all about power for him.

It's been reported a couple of times that they had solar panels on top of the van (and I believe a small solar charging unit can be seen in the back of the van - like the one we take camping).

Anyway, all phones can be charged while the vehicle engine is running - which is what most people do. They were driving hours every day, as far as I can tell - it only takes about 15 minutes of driving for my phone to top off.

I think Gabby's work on her SM during their travel was quite time consuming (and surely some of it was done on a laptop - which also can be charged while the van is running). It's the wifi she needed at Moab. I think he was uncomfortable with being so visible in SM (for whatever reason) and that he felt her time spent on it was time away from him. He seems like he's a loner, but that once he bonded to Gabby, he pretty much saw her as part of himself. A necessary part of himself. So he was jealous of the phone.

It's true he was probably also concerned about what she was saying about him, as he decompensated a bit more every day...so far as we know, though, Gabby said nothing to her parents about it.

Which would be the nearest large airport location.

I am guessing North Port Police nor the FBI will make the mistake of *not* putting surveillance on the parents.

I like to hope NOT but I cannot assume they would follow them that far away. Looks like the Daily Mail is following them, doing the police's job. (I hope I am wrong).

What do we know about how they have raised their son? Have we been there? Have we lived life with these people? This parent bashing serves no purpose if not for self promotion.

I apologize if this offends. Quite honestly, it is offensive to hear this bitterness replay continuously. We can have theories and do so with without bashing.

Your “moment” of frustration is zero compared to Gabbys family’s WEEKS of frustration!

To the Laundries: tell LE what you know and stop babying your son!

Wow - interesting info regarding Florida Law and "Accessory after the Fact". The provision has a ""related person exemption" and therefore parents cannot be charged with accessory after the fact. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

This is a Federal case. Gabby's body was found on Federal land. Florida laws do not apply. I earlier posted my personal experience with this. Do not lie to the Feds. Not even about what you had for breakfast.

But can they surveil them legally? I asked earlier but I didn't see any replies.. Legally, can they put surveillance on BL's parents or does a person/people have to be considered a suspect or guilty of a crime to have surveillance on them?

MOO
His parents are apparently out in public so there is no expectation of privacy. In other words, they're in "plain view." Thus, there is no prohibition to such surveillance. No need for a warrant; public surveillance is not a "search" requiring a warrant.

Your implying he will be arrested immediately. He still hasn't been identified as a suspect. This story doesn't end with him being found. If they don't have a warrant for him, whose to say they find him and he says thanks but no thanks and keeps going on his merry way. I assume they have a warrant and just not saying. But so far, they have been adamant he is a person of interest, and very quiet about his status.

I’m not implying anything, and of course I know this story doesn’t end with him being found, but thanks. I specifically asked if he turned himself in and confessed. This is called a hypothetical question, not based on facts or assumptions. If he confessed to what he did, you think they would just let him walk out the door? Come on.

Personally, I would be shocked if they didn’t have a sealed arrest warrant, although that wasn’t at all what my question was about. We aren’t privy to the behind the scenes stuff. But they can detain him for a certain amount of time prior to pressing charges, if I understand correctly. And if he confessed, which is what my question was in regards to, of course they would hold him.

I understand what you're trying to say, but the fact they ignored any attempts of reaching back out to GB family is telling IMO. And also, everything else. MOO

Regarding BL being put up in a hotel that was funded by a DV/shelter group makes me absolutely furious. It’s not the police/group fault. It just really chaps my @$$.

I bet he lied when he said he had no money, he knew the police would suggest him to get a room somewhere.
Imo
He lied because he didn t want to be away from her and she did t want to be separated from him! They loved.each other but some.issues both were having were causing problems!
They we're away from home so when they had a disagreement
One couldn't just leave.for. a bit! Here they had to.face.each other and neither knew how to difuse the situation so it escalated!
I don't think.he meant to.kill her! But he can't take it back! I'm not so sure he's still.alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal